Fixed Mercs for non-membership accounts

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tentori, May 18, 2022.

1. Tentori New Member

Apprentice mercs are not working for non-membership accounts.
    toodlem, Gland, kriskolov and 8 others like this.
  2. Meeko Developer(Code)

Can you be more specific on what the problem is?
    Sebotay and Tentori like this.
  3. Chillin New Member

Get the message: You do not have a high enough membership level to purchase this mercenary. I have a snip...no idea how to post it. Says too long of a msg.
  4. Tentori New Member

Thanks Meeko, if you do not have a membership account, you cannot access apprentice mercs on your characters, it says you need "all access." If you already had mercs, it will not let you unsuspend them
  5. Brickhaus Augur

For FREE accounts (not Silver), I could not unsuspend a merc that was already owned pre-patch nor was I able to purchase a merc on another toon on the same FREE account.

I had no issues unsuspending an existing merc and purchasing a new merc on a Silver account.
    Tentori likes this.
  6. Mistermaestro New Member

It will not allow to unsuspend an apprentice Merc nor will it allow you to buy a new one. Says all access account required.
  7. amodernartifact New Member

Having the same issue -- made a new character and cannot access the apprentice-level merc.
  8. Xrybaby New Member

Confirmed the same thing happening on my free account: I attempted to unsuspend my apprentice merc, and got the message "you do not meet the required membership level". The game notes for today's patch say only Journeyman mercs require Silver membership, but it is affecting my free accoun's Apprentice merc too. (Also cannot hire a new Apprentice merc on my free acct, same issue)

My silver account does not have this issue, only my freebie acct.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Could you specify which mercenary you have or are attempting to purchase?
    SlootyMcBooty likes this.
  10. Tentori New Member

So far I have checked PoK human apprentice tank, dps, caster dps and healer merc. All are not working
  11. Tentori New Member

But the merc i had on my character was from the tutorial zone, so I think it is pervasive.
  12. Brickhaus Augur

On a Free account, an Erudite Healer was unable to be unsuspended.

After dismissal, I could not purchase a new merc at the Erudite, Froglok, or Dark Elf merc merchants (either sex) for the toon. As mentioned above, the mercs were listed in red with (ALL ACCESS) next to each type.

Had no issues with a Silver account starting with the exact same merc and trying to purchase at the same vendors.
  13. Mistermaestro New Member

Erudite, Human, Legendary
  14. Barton The Mischievous

Logged in my FTP account made a new level 1 Druid on Bertox cannot hire a merc from Elegist
  15. Potionarotwo New Member

I also was unable to unsuspend my merc and when attempting to purchase a new one all options are listed in red as "Apprentice (ALL ACCESS)".
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Posted a pic above. Cannot buy any merc. Cannot unsuspend if you have a current merc. And if you dismiss him then you are unable to play with a merc.

It does not matter what type of merc - tank- caster etc or what race. All free accounts are seeing the red ALL ACCESS on the merc purchase screen. And toggling the down arrow just shows what other races are there. No option for apprentice

I tried a lot of merc sellers.
  18. LucidProX New Member

Having the same problem. Free to play account unable to hire any merc whatsoever. Labels apprentice mercs as All access.

I really hope this is just a bug and not the intended new policy
    SlootyMcBooty likes this.
  19. Mistermaestro New Member

When trying to unsuspend my apprentice dwarf DPS.
  20. Gort New Member

I believe it is due to apprentice being moved from 1-5 to just 5 which f2p cannot use but a silver can.