Character limitation in effect due to mergers?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lingum, May 18, 2022.

1. Lingum Elder

Getting some details about my account out of the way at jump:
    It is a lifetime gold membership account.
    It has 12 character slots opened at present using with the loyalty token doll of characters.

I have eleven characters on Miragul. They are not fresh level-85's, I have actually played them all into higher levels. Since I heard there was going to be a merger involving Miragul, I popped over to Vox to see if I happened to have any characters there. Lo and behold, I had four characters on that server already from four other servers being folded into that one over time (oddly no actual Vox-born chars). I don't think I ever played on Phinny, but it is possible that there might be one there to add to the mix (servers are presently down, so I cannot check).

So the question is, will all 15 (possibly more) characters be available on Vox come merger day? Or will I have to wipe out some to get it under the 12 character limit I am currently at?
  2. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

You might want to double check that you have 12 and not 11, because the limit for the Doll of Character is 3 uses.

You can tell if you're maxed because it will disappear from the vendor.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Similar issues here, we want to keep the Miragul toons moving to Vox and move a few lower level characters wit Legend of Norrath Assets off to make room for them.

See this thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/account-consolidation-merging.283008/

Used to be able to free transfer off Trak, they took that ability away with the merger and stranded our characters.
    Hobitses likes this.
  4. Lingum Elder

I am pretty sure it is still showing on the vendor. Maxed again anyway. I'll check when a server comes up.
  5. Prepared Lorekeeper

At this link is the information you require:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...with-vox-on-june-15-2022.282985/#post-4136428

Particularly this section:
    If I only have 8 character slots available on my account, but after the merge I now have 12 characters on the server, what happens? How is it determined which characters I can access?
    If, after the merge, your account has more characters on Vox than you have access to, the characters you cannot access will be grayed out in the character select screen. Characters are selected to fill the slots starting with the most recently logged in characters first. Characters created after the start of Free-To-Play are limited to the number of slots available due to membership level and purchased slots. Characters created before Free-To-Play are always available.
    You can regain access to disabled characters by subscribing if you are Free-To-Play, purchasing additional character slots, or deleting characters from the un-grayed portion of your list.

My further notes: You'll need to login the most recent characters you want to keep if you don't care that some are not available. So reading into this, you would need to do what you're suggesting which is to delete the characters prior to the merge for the characters you don't care about (or move them for free to the Zek server if you can) or move them to another server if you want to keep them by paying for the transfer from the DBCash store.
  6. Captain Video Augur

Free transfers off Miragul will be available once the new patch is up. I am going to move my Miragul toons to a different server so I can leave my Vox assets untouched. YMMV.
  7. Lingum Elder

I might do that as well. Even though the four chars that are on Vox now are nowhere near as high level as those I rolled and leveled on Miragul (the highest is 72), it is still lame that I am going to potentially lose them due to no fault of my own. I don't want to wipe them because both the work I put into them, and that they represent servers that are long gone.

Update: Server is up and no Doll of Character on the loyalty vendor.
    Of the four lowbies, they came from AB, Trakanon, Fippy, and Vulak.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You are limited to 3 dolls from the loyalty and 3 from the marketplace. Per account - 6 total . So check marketplace, maybe you can get those 3
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The information about free transfers off of Miragul is incorrect and they have announced that they will not be doing that and all transfers would need to be paid. This is because of the heroics from that server.
  10. Captain Video Augur

My post above was wrong, sorry. They changed this at the last minute.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

This is correct, 8 base, 3 loyalty, 3 marketplace.
  12. Lingum Elder

Apparently I bought one out of the store at one point, though I have no recollection of doing so.