A complaint.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chris_p_W, May 18, 2022.

1. Chris_p_W Lorekeeper

I was on Mischief trying to get the hang of how i wanted to start the game and was testing race class combinations. While I was in Ak'Anon in the evil starting area killing rouge clockworks I managed to kill 10 even cons at level 1 and when I checked my exp I was getting 1% exp per kill.

Moving to West Freeport I did the rat quest and was geting 15% per kill on the rats. When I moved to East Freeport it was back to 1% for the same mob kills. South Quenos 1% for a rat North Quenos 15% same rat. Grobb and Oggok 1% per kill.

Why? There are many Quests that have you hunt those mobs especially in Ak'Anon for Bullroarer and other good quest. Now every quest that is tied to a city has a no exp penalty tied to the mob killing part of the quest making them even worse than they where.

I saw that someone said it was to stop peeps from hunting guards. I don't see why guard hunting is a problem that must be solved after 2 decades but if it is SOLVE IT WITHOUT WREAKING OTHER SYSTEMS TIED TO THE ZONES!
  2. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Rouge clockworks are notoriously bad xp gain. Likewise, ROGUE clockworks are just as bad.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Chris_p_W Lorekeeper

Whether its a red clockwork a thieving clockwork or any other clockwork my complaint stands.
  4. Protagonist Tank

It has nothing to do with guards. There are specific zones that are flagged as "starting zones" which have a significantly higher zone experience modifier. They also respawn faster.
  5. Chris_p_W Lorekeeper

At level 1 you can kill a level 1 even con and get 1% of the way to level 2. 100 even cons to ding level 2 now as a level 2 they are blue and you need to kill about 300-400 to ding level 3.

This is not how it was in Ragefire. They did not give a bonus to starter areas. They nerfed city zones that are not attached to starter zones into the dirt.

Make a gnone necro and hunt the mines and tell me that that's how its always been.

Or your telling my they made starter area zones have a 1500% ZEM. Really?
  6. Thenextgoldknyght New Member

well check ur theory in steamfont. wfp is kinda considered regular zone vs a city zone with this new crappy makeover.
  7. Protagonist Tank

You can disbelieve whatever you want and talk about wildly expired server experiences. You will still get more xp in Paineel, WFP, NQeynos, Nektolus, Innothule, and every other "starter area" than any surrounding zone.

Additionally, if you're doing these quests instead of the tutorial, you're wrong.
  8. Protocol Dragon Defender

I think you're killing mobs which are part of the "Exterminate the Vermin" series of quests. I believe (but cannot confirm) these mobs have a negative MEM. If you kill normal mobs in Ak'anon or EFP, WFP, or Steamfont they should give the same value if they're the same level since none of these zones have a ZEM.
  9. Chris_p_W Lorekeeper

Additionally, if you're doing these quests instead of the tutorial, you're wrong.[/quote]

Well I am glad the tutorial will be available when Yelinak launches .... would hate to think that the entire server will be doing it wrongo_O
  10. asdfbot Lorekeeper

Vaniki?
  11. Chris_p_W Lorekeeper

That could be part of it but I wish people would just make a evil gnome and kill a mob in the mines area then ranger port to Steamfront and kill a same level mob. The difference in experience is so extreme that there has to be some sort of mistake.
  12. Chris_p_W Lorekeeper

To clear up some things this is for the classic era server Yelinak . If you are playing Vaniki on launch and are wasting time with classic era quests in the starter ares then you may actually be doing things if not wrong then weird.
  13. Captain Video Augur

This is correct. The various "Exterminate the Vermin" quests don't even unlock on a TLP until LoY, so in Classic you won't see any of the associated NPCs spawn, and so not notice the XP hit they have. The penalty exists because of a general dev policy that they don't want quest mobs being farmed for XP. An oddity here is that new achievements have been created for these quests, and they're part of a set just announced as being for Classic-era content, and these can't be done in Classic. Well, unless they're changing when the quests unlock, and we won't know that until Yelinak launches.
  14. Chris_p_W Lorekeeper

Okay server up so I can give examples. In Ak'Anon at level 2 kills of the following where recorded

a decaying gnome skeleton blue con at level 2 gives .107 of a percent of a level 935 kills to ding 3.
    A Rocksnake blue con .172 percent of a level 581 kills to ding 3
    Obsolete model blue can .171 percent of a level 585 kills to ding 3
    A rock spider even con (2) .957 percent of a level 105 kills to ding 3

all kills in the mines area near the evil guild-masters. No mobs should be out of era for classic.

Steamfront
    a decaying gnome skeleton blue can at level 2 gives 1.329 percent of a level 74 kills to ding 3
    a spiderling even con (2) gives 5.614 percent of a level 18 kills to ding level 3

This is wildly different experience for equivalent con mobs in the case of the decaying gnome skeleton the same mobs.

I know about ZEM but I have not ever seen such swings. This several times the difference from the worst ZEM and the best ZEM in the game. (that we know of)
  15. Barton The Mischievous

If you are talking about killing the low level mobs in actual city zones. IIRC(been years) their exp was nerfed specifically for some reason by the Devs. It was quest related or zone related cant remember why exactly but they did not want people to just sit and exp in those city zones.
  16. Ruhi Augur

The mobs you're killing wont even spawn on Yelinak till LoY (someone above stated this) - you wont see trash mobs in any city (like mosquitos in grobb)- so zone into steamfont and kill stuff if you're testing your start out on Yelinak.
  17. Chris_p_W Lorekeeper

You are wrong. The mobs Im killing are from the evil gnome newbie yard. They are used for several classic quests and where in the game from day one. Quest such as duster models and Red V clockwork
    use some of these mobs.
  18. Protagonist Tank

Gotta be a P99 player. Nobody else is this obstinately wrong in the face of everyone explaining extremely basic mechanics from the last 15 years.

I suggest just patronizing him and telling him his righteous anger about the noob quests that won't be in is justified and right.
  19. Captain Video Augur

The operable word is "quest". Any NPC who is used in a quest will not give you full XP for your level if you kill it. This is true throughout the game in every era.
  20. Chris_p_W Lorekeeper

a decaying gnome skeleton a noted quest mob... Well we just have to wait a week and see if the mobs are there thus disproving the hole LoY angle and have players come to the board wondering why the mobs don't give experience. And just for the record they are not "quest" mobs so much as normal mobs that drop items used in quests. By your logic no skeleton that drops bone chips should give experience because they are "quest" mobs.

The whole reason I am making this thread is that I leveled a Gnome necromancer to level 4 in this area on Lockjaw because it was less crowded than steamfront at the time and there where more mobs. This has nothing to do with P99 this is about the first TLP I played on and the weird change that I noticed coming back for the new one. Having people say there is no change that how it always was is kind of frustrating.
    Stymie likes this.