Unable to disable raid kill message spam

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Crak6, May 16, 2022.

1. Crak6 New Member

My chat spams with <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: xyz has been defeated by a group ... spam messages. It's like the worst unblockable spam and the most important messages are on the same exact chat filter for some obviously BUGGY reason.

Anyway, trying to get this bug resolved so the spam can be ignored and the important messages can be seen.
    Joules_Bianchi and Yinla like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Its under systemwide, you wont be able to filter only kill notices.
  3. Lianeb Augur

There are some things you cannot filter out of the main chat window.
    I recommend making the Main Chat your spam window and then creating other chat windows with things you WANT filtered to it.
    Work backwards to get to what you want and what you don't want.
    Joules_Bianchi, Svann2 and Yinla like this.
  4. Imukai Augur

I'd love to not see systemwide kill messages at all. And all guild member achievement messages. Grats on zoning into Crushbone for the first time, guildmate. Really.
    Svann2 and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

It's silly and a waste of time.

Server first kill of XYZ mob? yeah, the 30th Pickzone kill of the day?

Nah.

Lose the noise EQ.

Also @ EQ Devs

That big yellow text for <SYSTEMWIDE MESSAGES> was meant for things like servers coming down and actually systemically important messages, but this useless spam makes it unnoticeable.

It's the equivalent of police using lights and sirens to run red lights to go to Dunkin' Donuts.

(also +1 for removing tipsy gnome race spam! Support his trend!)
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

also not a bug, this is actually a request for change. It could do better, but it's currently as intended.
  7. Crak6 New Member

Unfortunately it seems important messages like "pick zone closing", server coming down, etc are on the exact same filter as 30000th phinny kill message.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  8. Meeko Developer(Code)

ALT+O > Chat > Achievements > Mine Only
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

seeing actual level /ach and other guild task reports is part of the social aspect of being in a guild at all. Soandso zoned into a zone is NOT an /achievement worthy of this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

All of the achievements are broken down in to categories (Exploration, Hunter, Collections, etc). They need to make toggle switches for each of those types, with regards to guild members. This all or nothing crap needs to go.