Give all 3 tanks frontal stun immunity for all races. Barbarians 2 mana per tick.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iyvy, May 17, 2022.

1. Iyvy Augur

This is a no brainer.

So the problem with frontal stun immunity isn't that it's OP (it is) it's that it limits your choices. Sure you can be another another race, but you're gonna be substantiall worse. When you play an enchanter or druid your race choice means very little, with a warrior or SK picking ogre vs not picking ogre is a massive nerf.

So just let people play the races they want basically. Giving a halfling warrior frontal immunity won't make him any better (infact he'll be worse still) than an ogre, but it will let players start in more zones and play more races and "add" a ton of content and variety to the game with very little work.

As for paladins: Paladins suck. This will not make them overpowered. They will not replace warriors or shadowknights. They will be a better group tank, and just be better over all, but they will still be the worst tank. Throw them a bone.

As for the barbarian thing. Troll regen equates to about 3 mana per tick when canni 3ing, trolls and iksars also get the iksar epic. Barbarian shamans will still be the worst shaman with this change, but they will no longer be literally embaressing to play.

Keep frontal stun immunity for ogre shamans. Troll/iksar regen and stun immunity are about comparable in terms of overall power (I played a ton of shaman, I was able to solo VP mobs, and all group content as a troll shaman at 60, and all planes soloable stuff at lvl 65), but barbarians are starkly behind. Give them this buff to make them semi viable, it won't make them broken.

This is a pretty minor change with little effect on the game and little effort for a massive improvement in variety and viability. You will see more people starting in everfrost, more variation in tanks, more paladins.

This adds a ton of content for very little dev time. Doooo it.
  2. Intercept Augur

Best tank in classic is Paladin

If you want frontal stun immunity then roll an Ogre SK or Warrior

Enchanter race matters as much as a tank, assuming you want to play either well.

Please think back to all the other MMOs you played where all those changes you asked for happened, and then this should remind you why you are not playing those MMOs anymore.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

lol by what metric?
    Slaytanik likes this.
  4. Arclyte Augur

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Yeah, it is unfair the Ogre RACE with their enormous size and high strength get stun immunity.

It is unfair to Halfling and Gnome tanks.

Ogres should be nerfed. Take away their immunity. Oh, and lower their strength. That is unfair too.

And while you are at it, change their race graphic took look like a High Elf.
  6. Anitsocial New Member

all the changes being made to give in to the TLP community are dumb. Classic-pop era sucks you only play there to Krono farm.
  7. Slaytanik Elder

Best group tank in Classic is SK. And no, Enchanter race does not matter.
    Appren likes this.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

In pre-PoP EQ, ALL races have a benefit based on the class choice.

You _might_ be able to max out your primary or even secondary stat.. if you're full BiS raid gear from Luclin.

DE's still have Ultravision and DWF/HEF/HLF/IKS/TLF/ELF all get infravision (before every helm in the game gets Faerune)

Trolls, Ogres, and Barbarians all get Slam, to help stun.

Frontal Stun Immunity is eventually gained by all tanks via AA, leaving only Shaman, Berserker, and Beastlord at a racial "disadvantage."

Come Omens of War, all tanks get 50% immunity to stun, by Underfoot, they're all at 100%.

Now.. I'm not against a revisit to Racial innates, to scale them up to end-game, but at the early game, it's a whole thing about picking the race/class combo.

Faction issues are a thing for Original/Kunark, and size is a thing for sure. You want Frontal Stun Immunity? You're going to have a more difficult time with early groups. You're going to have a difficult time moving around through dungeons w/o someone to cast shrink on you. You're going to eat through your food/drink at double the rate as others. General travel will be neigh impossible without a wizard assist.

I just don't see the reason for spreading out racial abilities. If ANYTHING, they should be strengthened or added to around level 100, to compensate for the fact most stop applying a bonus at 65, while others are farmed out via AA's or gear and stats are all easily maxed (it -might- gain you a couple of HP based off the DoN AA, to have a few more base STA.. but it's such a tiny difference) Drakkin's premier racial caps out at 75.

Rather than just giving everyone everything... I'd rather see something implemented around level 100 (minimum) to make racial choices more meaningful. Keep them somewhat in line with the original racial, and maybe add 4 "paths" for the different archetypes. Trolls getting 18 standing regen literally means nothing in the current end game, and hasn't for a while. Sitting regen of 24 went out the window as soon as OOC regen was added.

Literally, the only racial ability that maintains usefulness of any sort is Gnome Tinkering. Everything else is outclassed, given by AA/gear, or simply has no more impact on the game/character/class.

Don't go changing the original options so people can spend 6 months on the latest TLP, then ForumQuest until the next TLP, rinse and repeat...
    Captain Video likes this.
  9. Protagonist Tank

Racials don't matter. Even a little.
    Slaytanik and Dre. like this.
  10. Triconix Augur

Anyone who feels they need stun immunity as a tank should probably just not play a tank.

If anything, racial benefits such as stun immunity should be expanded upon. Races like gnomes and halflings should get higher baseline avoidance cause they friggen tiny and hard to hit. Elves are slim and and agile, give them boosted dodge or parry rates. Same can be said about Frogloks. Iksars already get an ac buff cause they scaley (and cause they can't use plate for oh em gee 1 expansion!!!). Ogres and Trolls are slow, fat, and dumb. They should get dodge and avoidance rates lower than the rest.

I can go on, but I think you get the point.
  11. Thenextgoldknyght New Member

well all this is in the game if im correct through AA's. The point in the race is ogres are ugly race vs the beautiful race. So they have their perks. if u want to have it, roll ogre, if u wanna look pretty, stay a barb idk what the problem is here.
  12. Arclyte Augur

13. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I always felt that it was more beneficial to a shaman than either of the tanks. Then Beastlords when they came out (at least up to HoT era when the pet becomes more of a tank than the BL) had a bit of a bonus.

But really, Tanks getting stunned was never a huge thing in the old game. All warriors are something like 75% immune by PoP anyways, 100% at DoDH. Knights are fully immune by UF (let's not discount their 100% fear immunity earlier on, while WAR's are stuck at 25% from Luclin until VoA)

We (the collective we) always get asked about race/class combos when people are starting up new toons. Be it live or TLP, the answer is always: "Pick the race you like the look of the most and the class that you enjoy." Even if we're focusing on TLP's, the amount of time that any race/class combo meta is relevant.. is so fleeting it really doesn't matter... and if you hate the way an ogre looks, you'll be less inclined to want to play said toon.

I'd like to see race have some more meaning that extends through the end game.. but absolutely no reason to spread out the current ones for those fleeting moments at that start of every new TLP.
  14. code-zero Augur

The fact is that stun tolerance is player based not character based. Some people can't tolerate being stunned.
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

All other racial innate perks, like Hafling XP and so on were removed.

I've heard, even this week, both on my new server and in these forums people say Ogre or , I won't invite stupid ppeople into my group.

This shouldn't be the case.

this should be a class benny, not a race benny, or Trolls and Barbarians should get, but Ogre is waaaay smaller than a dragon and unstunnable to a beast 30 times your size isn't roleplay either.

This should be a function of being a tank. Make it archetype AA starting as early as possible.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Vlahkmaak Augur

Everyone should be able to level Alchy, Tinkering, and Poisons :)
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

18. Intercept Augur

Raid tanking through classic
  19. Intercept Augur

Easy does not mean best.

Enchanter race doesn't matter? Carry on then.
  20. Slaytanik Elder

Explain your reasoning behind why Enchanter race matters. List all the possible races of enchanters and why one is better than the other.