Pottery Torphy and skill over 300

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, May 15, 2022.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

A guildmate has a pottery skill of over 300 and his trophy is at 6/7 and no longer going up.

He is creating Planar Clay Fire Seal triv of 368
    Skill without trophy is 313
    Skill with trophy is 349
    So it is still above his skill level.

Trophy went up 1% from 312 to 313 after 10 combines but after doing another 400 combines it hasn't gone up again. He has tried primary, secondary and ammo slot for his trophy but no change to trophy.

Bugged or am I missing something?
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

I really hesitate to say the word bugged because just like its never lupus, its never bugged. But I cant see what he is doing wrong, except that he shouldnt have done 400 combines; he should have stopped to ask for advice way before that. Trophies gain xp they arent a RNG thing so it should be a set number of combines every time. The TS guide says 10-11.5 (depending on the recipe). Was he making planar fire seals when he got the last skillup or did he change recipe at that point? There are some recipes that you dont get xp for but idk if thats one of them.
    edit: he didnt just go silver did he?
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did he buy AA for that tradeskill?

In the past those who bought the over-300-cap mastery AAs may be forced to do combines that are higher like in the 400's and most all the bug reports mention that if the player uses recipes above 400 then it will progress

It was also mentioned doing the combines somewhere besides POK allowed it to level up again.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I had the same issue when I was leveling up the pottery trophy. I think I was actually trying the exact same combine (or one of those seals).

I learned the hard way that kiln only recipes didn't level up the trophy for the final evolve, regardless of trivial level (or at the very least take INSANE numbers of combines). You have to do wheel recipes.

Once I switched to doing wheel recipes, the trophy started leveling.
  5. Hegsheoshed Augur

Do 10 combines of clay smoke bombs and see if the trophy budges.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thanks for the responses, it's given us a few things to try.