What would your suggestion to make EQ greet again!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Burdi, May 15, 2022.

1. Burdi Augur

Hi chaps,
    Whot features in your opinion would be the most impactful that DPG had to implement immediately.!
    Too start with we should add mod ability to EQ.
    Increase the quantity and quality of content of their expansions.
    Redesign their Clunky UI!
    Brontus and MacDubh like this.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Reducing the amount of instanced, non-raid content.

Removing the long chains of progression for zone access (not raid request/access)

Fix auto follow.

Provide an optional "buff" for new/low-level toons to automatically increase XP gains at least to lvl 100.

Combine more buffs/songs/spells/AA's into a single ability.

Have spell vendors "hide" spells if you have a higher level version already.

Default UI redesign + Change default UI layout.

Better/more accurate descriptions on abilities and spells.

OFC, there's the big ones behind the scenes with performance issues.

Provide more availability to "chase" items from expansions long past. EG: Clickies on OoW BP's.
    Barraind, Brontus, Hobitses and 5 others like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Bigger expansions, more quests etc

Fun toys - I miss clickies :)
    Hobitses, Skuz and Barton like this.
  4. Brickhaus Augur

Spell check.
    A_ranger001 and Stymie like this.
  5. Barton The Mischievous

My Top 5
    Performance Issues.
    Reduce button bloat.
    More content
    UI Update
    Graphics Update
    Fenthen, Hobitses, Jumbur and 3 others like this.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

Continue hiring new Devs.
    Let them break things.
    Let them fix what they break by making things better.
    Hobitses, Burdi, Jumbur and 1 other person like this.
  7. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I see a lot of complaints about missions and not being able to find groups to do them. What about having scalable missions and rewards.

Essentially make it so a solo character can finish a mission to get the credit but get a reduced stat version of the loot, or a reduced chance to get the loot.

I'm thinking similar to rifts in Diablo 3, it also would give top tier players/groups a way to push themselves and there could be bonus rewards based on difficulty level to give raiders something to be challenged with for group content.
    Burdi likes this.
  8. dwish Augur

Just fixing the raid instances (lag/broken) would go a long way. For me personally this is the number one thing sapping my enjoyment of the game currently.

Other then that, I would like to see more long questlines like old school shawl, TS earrings, and the like. Long, involved quests that result in items you keep for a few expansions. I enjoy working on these types of things and the resulting items have more meaning than upgraded spreadsheet raid loot _002.
    Fenthen and Ssdar like this.
  9. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Fix the H E L L Levels that are 110-120 by either adding more experience or reducing the amount of Experience needed. Going on 5 months of non payed playing because they refuse to fix this problem. Eventually i am going to stop logging in altogether. Which would be sad considering i have been playing this game over 21 years.
    Barraind, Hobitses and Metanis like this.
  10. Warpeace Augur

You realize doing the missions gives you all that XP when completed for the 1st time? After that they are trash and you have to grind and work Overseer.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

• Not sure what you mean by mod ability
    • They are working on this and have added new team members recently which will hopefully allow them to add more expansion content. They have been limited in the past due to the small size of the team.
    • This is on the roadmap that the released earlier this year.
    Hobitses likes this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Delete the forums.
    Brontus, Flatchy, Suffer and 2 others like this.
  13. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

You realize that just because you can get experience thru missions is no reason to not have the same amount of experience available in the static zones right?
  14. Manafasto Augur

UI Update
    Group Game with no Group Fix
    Graphic Engine Update
    Squash some abilities/buttons
    Leveling needs to be faster, if you are truly fresh to EQ with no friends they need ability to catch up. Not everyone is going to help a new person.
    No more keys.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

Expansions should have enough content to last till the next expansion.
    Hobitses, Ssdar, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  16. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I feel like this is the holy grail of MMOs today. One of the main reasons MMOs don't last is because the player base is too knowledgeable, and descends like locusts and consumes all content.

It would be great if they could do it but I don't have high hopes as developers with much more money have continually failed here.
    minimind likes this.
  17. eqzekisdead Augur

bring back the old bazaar
    MacDubh likes this.
  18. TheAgenda Augur

So more timesinks?
    Metanis likes this.
  19. Bernel Augur

They need a shroud-like system so that top level people can temporarily de-level to actually adventure with low levels. I don't mean the monster shrouds like they currently have. I mean something like if you are a level 120 Druid, you can downgrade to a level 80 Druid to group with guildmates or whatever. It's boring to be a PL babysitter casting buffs or whatever trying to fasttrack the lower person up. But if instead people could actually play together, it would enable there to be more of a sense of community at the lower levels.
  20. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Vanguard implemented this. It was called Mentoring. I don't believe it is fully compatable with EQ, due to how gear is coded, but VG's dropped you to the closest level multiple of 5 (always on the higher end) and the gear scaled down (similar to recommended level, without required level being a thing. a mentored person was still silly OP'd, but it was great and made it a lot easier on doing old content with alts or new players.
    Hobitses and Bernel like this.