This Is Why I Have Been Loyal Since 2000

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Equable, May 14, 2022.

1. Equable New Member

Well one of many reasons. I made a stupid rookie mistake repeating the Bard epic, lost my mystical lute head, body and so on. I sent a petition admitting my mistake, hoping for someone to take pity. They did.

"Greetings,

I was able to successfully restore your Singing Short Sword to your /itemoverflow window, as a one-time courtesy. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let us now.

Have a good rest of your day and feel free to contact us again in the future with any issue you my have.
    Regards,
    GM *redacted*
    Daybreak Game Company, LLC"

I just wanted to take a moment to tip my hat to the dedication of the staff that has kept this wonderful experience going since before 2000, through many changes in the industry and at times, against insurmountable odds. Thanks, guys. From the Guides to Devs you folks keep this crazy little dream and world alive.
    Wyndar, Shanarias, Grove and 11 others like this.
  2. Pleides Ranger of Fellowship Of Justice. EMarr

I can dig that... Rock on on that one. Well done DB.
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I have spent over $250 in DB store this month alone sofar...
    GM's and Dev support!
  4. Numiko Augur

only 2000? Newb! ;)

Good you got your item back :)
    Chikkin likes this.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I've found that explaining your problem clearly and being polite will get your issues solved through /petition pretty much every time. It's almost as if the GMs are another human being.
    Ozon, Bigstomp, Celephane and 2 others like this.
  6. Chikkin Augur

I'm always telling my son "there's a big difference between an 89/B and a 90/A"

it's what I thought of when I read your posts.

Those Year 2000 noobs just aren't quite to the level of the true old school 1999 players.

(Cue someone coming in and laying down their trump card that they did the Beta!)
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

<<< Since 2000, as well.

I've only had to deal with CS a handful of times over those years, and am happy to say every time has been a pleasant and prompt experience :)
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

2001 here!

I've always found CS to be helpful, but I always try to keep petitions polite and not rant or slate anyone.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

The GM's are very nice if it's an oops. Stuff happens.
    I've generally had good experiences with them.
  10. Bardy McFly Augur

On Agnarr when I went to turn in the very final turn-in for my bard epic something went wrong and I believe the entire quest turn-in got eaten, or at least most of it. I petitioned and the GM was able to, after a few back and forths, return the final turn-in items to me. Looking back it might have even been my fault because so many of the items have overlapping icons, but they were able to validate that prior to the turn-in I did have everything so they restored it for me.

I haven't had to do many petitions over the years, probably could count them on one hand-ish, but I've always had an experience where the final outcome was resolved satisfactorily by CS. The CS/GM team gets a thumbs up in my book.
    Grove and Chikkin like this.
  11. Chikkin Augur

Full Disclosure, I like (if it comes up and people are showing their cool-club 1999 membership cards) to announce i'm 1999, and all that like it's something, but on top of that, it's kind of semi-insinuated that the "1999 players are mostly June or near the start)... but haha, I was hanging out with my buds around Christmas 1999 time, and these two twins would not shut the hell up about this game called Everquest that sounded like Dungeons and Dragons in an 24/7 world or something. (This was the introduction to about 10-15 of us local friends to MMOs) .. and all the hype about this new expanion Kunark coming out soon.... lol...

so like ya, I'm December 1999 (not June '99 release day, day-1 player category), don't let me get away with teasing about those year 2000 Noobs!
    Tatanka likes this.
  12. Orienn TreeHugger

CS has always been pretty good for the most part for me, better than most other games that's for sure.
  13. Tucoh Augur

EQ's GMs have a policy to give you a hand when you need it, which is great. A lot of games say "tough cookies" to any and all requests like this, which is a missed opportunity to greatly increase a customer's loyalty.
    Shanarias and Chikkin like this.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

I hear 99 and 00 all the time here. Then again If you have not stuck it out the ENTIRE time its like false glory!
  15. Chikkin Augur

haha! That's a true point too.

I have been off and on... usually playing 2-6 months every 1-3 years.... so in my head I'm somehow a real 99'er... but I mean, I obviously have taken a lot of breaks, I'm not at end-game, and haven't been since... I think around 2014.

But how am I any more special or different than a guy who played on release day for 1 month or some small amount of time in 99, then doesn't play again until this year and says "Ya, veteran player here, been playing since 1999" i mean.. haha, it's not like they're....lying.
  16. Wyndar Journeyman

Nice. Honestly it is a great feeling when you get that response back from them. Over the last few years I've had a couple similar incidents as well. In the most recent case I had accidentally destroyed my BST 2.0 and didn't notice until months later. It was not available to reclaim so I petitioned. They were able to restore it.
    Just remember to explain the situation as best you can, be courteous and polite... ASK for help, don't demand it!
    Thanks GMs
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

It is awesome that they helped! Thank you Devs!