How fast would Mag/Mag/Druid level in a classic?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xazier, May 13, 2022.

1. Xazier Elder

Title says it all.
  2. Mrjon3s Augur

literally just depends on you. Just need to prebuy the right spells and hope you stay ahead of the curve.
  3. Tinkcer New Member

Hmm how do you prebuy spells. We all start with no money
  4. Yarteb Elder

Guessing that he (she?, it?) meant prebuying for the next few levels each time you go to "town" to maximize the exp efficiency? Otherwise, mage, mage, druid should do just fine.
  5. Zansobar Augur

With the Memorial Day XP bonus - very fast as all classes will that group up. Or if you are fixated on playing a three box group by yourself, that set will level much slower than a rogue who plays in a full group.
  6. MarttinPH Augur

I think it would be rather slow. Mage pets (and all pets) were nerfed a LOT in classic. That plus the fact that mage DD aren't very strong in classic or mana efficient, and druid healing is terrible, it would be able to complete some classic group content but I am not sure if it could do everything without chain casting pets.
  7. Numiko Augur

mage pets were nurfed vs raid mobs, they still function as normal vs normal one, and they are 10X better then they were in 1999. they have much higher stats, hit harder, regen is insane and you always pull a top level one now (in the old days they came in a 3 level range) they do not poof on zoning so you can gear them up with a set of banded and Stun whips and never worry about it poofing on you.

only thing better in classic is Ench Charm or a group with 3 mages and a druid!
  8. Fhiele Augur

They tank with a grearly reduced defense. They tank worse then an actual mage. The penalty declines each expansion til LDON I think.
  9. Midnitewolf Augur

Not really. Mage pets are still very strong and if your just focused on leveling, your probably not going to do a ton of deep dungeon dives or anything, rather your just going to try to find a fast and easy camp to grind away at.

My only thing is why would someone want two mages?

I mean your always going to level faster if you just play a single box and group constantly than you would with only 3 toons while trying to split your attention between all three of them. The biggest advantage I have always consider for those who want to box is being able to level 2-3 different classes up at the same time. I guess you could theoretically try to box in a way that you are set up to hammer out as much high level group content as possible so there is that I guess.