bst spam keys

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by strongbus, May 10, 2022.

1. strongbus Augur

I ask this in other's thread bout some things suggested for dps but gotten no answer. so though I start a thread lol.

I seen people say to make 2 spam keys. 1 spam key for spells and a 2nd for disc/aas.

my question is why? what effect to dps and such dose this setup have over just linking all spell/disc/aa to 1 spam key?
  2. Barton The Mischievous

my guess would be more control over what goes off and when and that would allow for timing that would increase dps.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

For some classes it just makes sense.

Melee have multiple abilities on fast-cycling refreshes, so they can create a "spam" hotbar with them on & tap as they come off cooldown. This raises DPS more than having them all on a Macro because macros have more latency due to the need to impliment pauses on /disc abilities or they will fail to trigger in succession.
  4. strongbus Augur

i do this atm. i have all my disc/aa on hotbar 1 with them all linked to 1 spam key. but i also have all my damage spells also linked to the same key. so it 1 key to spam that cast all spells and disc no macros. but i have seen some say to have the spells and disc/aa on different spam keys and not to have them linked to all one spam key. i am trying to figure out why.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

For fast-cycle abilities using macros instead of a spam bar will lose you dps because macros have to fire one line at a time sequentially checking against the list of commands, and if you have used pauses to ensure your discs do all fire you slow your dps down over time.

You can parse the difference yourself easily.

I used to use a ton of macros on my Berserker and had them down to a pretty fine art, but even then I saw increases in DPS using a spam bar setup.

Of course if you are boxing macros are your go to for reducing attention overheads, but if you are a DPS class who wants to parse with the best of their peers spam bar is the way to go unequivocally.
  6. strongbus Augur

i am not talking bout the differece between using a macro key setup with 5 disc/aa on it vs just having all the disc/aa on 1 hotbar such as hotbar 1 numbers 1-4 are all different disc/aa with going under opitions and setting all 4 to fire off the same spam key. i know very well doing a spam setup is faster then doing a macro cause of lag.

right now I have all my disc/aa spread out on 1 hotbar and all linked to the , key. but i also have all my damage spells linked to the same key. so i am just spam hitting the , key and it just fires off what ever spell/disc/aa is ready to go.

but i keep seeing people say have spells and disc/aa on different keys. such as having all my spells linked to the , key and disc/aa linked to say the . key and having 2 different keys to spam over and over to fire all spells and such. and i am trying to find out why do they have 2 different spam keys instead of just 1.
  7. FyrasDrinal Journeyman

If burning, you probably are only casting dots, alliance, and dicho.

Anything else takes away dps as you won't be doing 500k damage with any 1/2sec cast time nuke.

I have a single hotbar mapped to 11 things like pet attack, pet swarm, various instant AAs, and a single 5 line macro for /attack on and whatever spells I want to cast. In group, I will nuke to get GOM procs, but no nuking when burning.

So maybe the split is due to being able to use that same button for burns.
  8. strongbus Augur

wish i could cast alliance only bst in raid.

atm i have all my dds disc and fast reuse aa that i use when not burning all linked to 1 key i can just spam over and over.

i have done test after test in ggh dummy both with all linked to1 spam key and with spells linked to 1 spam key and everything else linked to another and don't see a real difference in dps.

ya during burns i am just spaming 1 dot over and over with throwing in dich when it refreshes but dich is on its own for casting so i don't cast it when having ruaabn going as to not waste it.
  9. Zarkdon Augur

Only real reason I can think of for times you may want to hit your disciplines but not your spells. Zelinthak raid for example.
  10. Zunar Augur

Depends...
    If you are grouped with a bard who clicks quicktime AA, your nukes will become instant cast for some time.
    Then it depends on length of the event (need to spam nukes vs DoTs to save mana), or if ikatiar's vindication is running, if you wanna still spam DoT spells or cast nukes.
  11. FyrasDrinal Journeyman

thanks for that tip Zunar, I didn't realize quick time was doing that as well... Interesting...