Request: New cat model for BST warder

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malbro, May 11, 2022.

1. Chikkin Augur

Sounds racist. (Feels bad bro)
  2. Stymie Pendragon

Orly? :)
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Why not:

Classic mode: Will only work on zones, PC & NPC prior to Shadow of Luclin, all models & zones are in classic-style (bonus old Freeport or an approximation of it).

Shadow of Luclin Mode: Will only work on zones, PC & NPC Prior to *New Engine*

*New Engine Mode*: Works on everything, so that if you want the whole game from Classic to <latest expansion> runs on the new engine, new zones, PC & NPC fully leverage the new engine & 64 bit.
    Jumbur likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It should at least make the visual style consistent at the local "zone-level". I always thought it looked weird to run around in the modern remake of commonlands and have some of the npc's using the original 1999-models.
    Chikkin and Skuz like this.
  5. Chikkin Augur

There you go, shortened that for ya!
    Arkanny likes this.
  6. Zarkdon Augur

I hate the updated chokidai model it is one of, if not the worst, models in EQ. I'm all for choice, make a line of AAs that change people's warders to what they want, but don't make it a blanket change.
  7. dwish Augur

Agreed 100%!! I always hated the vah shir model and especially cat beastlords. Even wood elves bsts are slightly better. Get rid of these monstrosities and add guktan/frog beasts in their place!!
  8. Chikkin Augur

All Cats Matter!
  9. Zieri Content Designer

[IMG]
    Celephane, Yinla and Elyssanda like this.
  10. Chikkin Augur

1) You're allowed to feed us a little more than just 1 cute kitten.
    2) It's Friday, get Wild, jump out your comfort zone!
    3) For eye-roll amusement, see my new thread about evil red names and conspiracy theories.

(on the real, nice to meet you, not seen your name before)
  11. Chikkin Augur

Congrats, you got 2 different random drive-by red-name responses in this. Cats are very loved at that office.

I'm thinking that Act of Valor, should go interview for a position, and towards the end of the interview if/when they say "well whats one thing -you- would change about our game?" he should say "delete all Vah Shir" just like that, very cold, confident, concise, and laid out on the table.

Suddenly there will be at least 1 or 2 in the group interview that suddenly give a face like "it's him! It's the cat hater from the forums!"

12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I prefer the black panther in Jaggedpine.

Would be nice if the pets looked more like their owners. White tiger for white cats, etc .

I think Zieri should change all players in guild lobby & plane of knowledge to Vah Shir as revenge for people trying to kill them off!
    Chikkin likes this.
  13. Chikkin Augur

haha. Walk in, zone finishes loading, and you'd stop dead in your tracks "wait... wtf? cats everywhere?"
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Zieri Content Designer

[IMG]
    Yinla, Nennius and Chikkin like this.
  15. Chikkin Augur

Wow! Nice! You seem like you aren't lagging at all!
    Nennius likes this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

I would like to see the news headline that went with this.
    Chikkin and Yinla like this.
  17. Celephane Augur

That's not news, that's Friday at the EQoffice
    Bigstomp likes this.
  18. Iven Antonius Bayle

I do not hate the Vah Shir beastlords but there are some strange things about them:
    • Why Vah Shir and not Kerran, did I miss some lore ?
    • Cat master and cat pet is a weird combo, comparable to human master and halfling pet.
    • Animal PCs added a childish spin to the game.
    • Why do they wear clothes/armor and are able to speak ?
    • Why do they use weapons other than their natural claws ?
    • Are they cannibals that consume lion meat ?
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Humans are no less animal than Vah Shir. Both mammals.
  20. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Yes, you did. Vah Shir were originally the kerrans of Odus, but the war between the Erudites and their offshoot Heretics resulted in a massive magical blast that launched a huge chunk of land from Norrath all the way to the moon. There were kerrans on that land. Vah Shir are kerrans who have adapated to life on Luclin. Kerrans were already wearing clothes and capable of speaking anyway.

Beasts such as tigers are sentient, while Vah Shir are sapient. Humans and Halflings are both sapient. Treating another sapient as a pet is slavery or a fetish.

That's just, like, your opinion, man. I've been playing a Guktan for 19 years.

Because this is a game and dropped weapons have scaling stats as expansions release. Natural weapons could increase in damage as you increase in level, if devs even went so far as coding that in, but then you'd miss out on all the other weapon's stats and spell effects.
    Fanra, Chikkin and Szilent like this.