Thank you DBG But I am staying on Mischief this Year

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xazier, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brildon Augur

Would like you to check back in a month and verify that, chances are you'll have quite a few leave for the new servers without saying anything... what benefit do they get now telling you they plan on leaving in a month? cause they still want their pixels while they are there on mischief
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I dread to think, probably ran right past max level & started over as a noob again many times over.
  3. Triconix Augur

So all the QOL features that LOY introduced, used by hundreds every single second of the day constitutes as being a trash expansion? TIL that one of the single most fundamentally game-changing expansions ever released is trash.

TIAL that Xanathol has no clue what he's talking about.

Velious aged like milk. It's an empty ice wasteland of nothing to do. There's a reason why it's probably the most raid-loggy expansions on a TLP. There's virtually nothing you need to do in it outside of the raids, which should I mention are cookie cutter T&S events with zero mechanics besides mindlessly staring at your screen for 10-15 minutes until the mob dies?

Sure, it was fun as hell in era when I had nothing else to compare it to. It's the classic ignorance is bliss mentality. It was a combination of naivety, ignorance, and hindsight. Now with decades of game development to compare Velious to, it really doesn't stand a chance.
    Appren likes this.
  4. Kahna Augur

You should try Mischief. Three weeks until OoW and I can still find a pug in the middle of the work day on a druid, the most useless class in the game. My guildmates regularly get together to do small man raids/exp groups on non-raid nights and it's the least raid loggy of all the servers I have played on. The new servers are unlikely to have a large impact on the population. Most folks actively playing on Mischief aren't interested in them. There are currently 856 traders in the Bazaar, that's only 144 off the cap. Mischief is going into OoW strong.

My buddy joined my guild at the start of GoD, we are a DKP guild. He has already upgraded 75% of his gear, pick up his BiS weapons and has solid items in every slot, and no, he didn't get those items in the bazaar, he got them on raids. No need to forgo anything for an expansion or two. Loot is plentiful and DKP flows freely. He also ground out 500AA, in pugs, and leveled his cleric to 65 and AAed it too pugging as well.
  5. Triconix Augur

You spelled Wizard incorrectly.
  6. Kahna Augur

With OOC regen in a Wizzy isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. Druids still can't heal as well as the other two healers, can't DPS enough to be worth bringing along as DPS. Druids are the last to get picked. But, apparently, there are enough groups going on on Mischief that all the other healers get taken and peeps need to scrape the bottom of the barrel. So I get invited.
  7. Triconix Augur

Druids beat wizards at their own one dimension. As someone who boxes a druid when needed, I often just drop reptile on my war, burn down swarms of mobs with few heals in between and provide way more benefits than a wizard. By the time TSS rolls around, druids take off while wizards are tripping on their own feet pretending to be useful.

Saying a druid is a worthless class is just pure ignorance. Sounds like an uneducated p99 type mentality.
    Timmyboi likes this.
  8. Kahna Augur

But it's not TSS, it's GoD on Mischief, and any role they can fill can be done better by someone else in this, and all previous, eras. Even the flex healer/DPS role is better filled by a Shaman. I didn't say they stayed worthless, I am playing one because they get better, but right now, in GoD, in the situation I was referring to? Worst class in the game. Hands down. And they can still find a group on Mischief, because there is a great pug scene still kicking.

Can we focus on the actual message I was conveying and not get bogged down in your little pet project of loving druids?
  9. Triconix Augur

Your message of joining mischief because you can find groups? Wait a couple weeks before making those statements. Right now Mischief has no competition with newer TLPs. The population could get cut by 50% overnight and suddenly your statement looks very foolish.
  10. FranktheBank Augur

This is how everyone knows you have no idea what you are talking about.

LoY is literally one of best expacs in Everquest history. It was so insanely good, that almost every feature it had was added to the base game. If your top 3 doesnt have LoY in it, you are just ignorant.

Some of the best leveling zones for 30-60. One of the best races. Shared Bank. Dyes. Blood of Nadox and Temperance spells.

The above alone is a pretty big list and it's leaving off two huge features.

THE GUILD WINDOW and friggin MAPS (Rip EQAtlas, Pras Goodurden).

If you dont respect LoY, you shouldn't be allowed to talk about Everquest anywhere.
    Skuz, Haak, Haze and 1 other person like this.
  11. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Indeed
  12. Xanathol Augur

Says the two most clueless posters on this board... You strawman the argument to move from group content to 'features' (which is not content that you group or raid in) and as you admitted, those features are now base. Try to keep up.

To remind you, the dumb comment that you made was:
    The zones are used to PL and that's really all they've ever been used for outside poor man gem farms (hi Dulak). On live, folks did their spell quests (many of which were crap), then after finding out how bad the grouping (and raids) was, abandoned the expansion's zones. Any claim otherwise if just more of your foolishness.
  13. Chikkin Augur

I glance at a new post, and I'm like "ahh, ok" but then i see on the bottom, almost hidden 'Last edited by Accendo' and suddenly i'm like ...

... I MUST KNOW! I MUST KNOW WHAT WAS SAID! haha.
    Haze likes this.
  14. Triconix Augur

You're starting to become one.
    Are you...failing basic reading comprehension? I thought I had a few years before I had to teach anyone, but let's have a go at it.

You seriously think these two sentences, with the same subject, is about group content for LoY? That's how you interpreted based on your break down. However, it's far from the case. Let me modify the sentence and show you the real meaning of the statement for your understanding and then we can continue on how bad your take is.
    You see how that works? DoN was good because it focused on group content. That's the literal meaning of those two sentences. Frank simply stated in a comma separated clause that much like DoN, LOY was a good exac launch on live. End of sentence. The next sentence continues on with the original subject, DoN. You cannot carry over a separate clause and make it the subject of a sentence that continued with the original subject.

There are two clear statements made:

1. DoN was a good live launch just like LDoN and LoY.
    2. DoN was a good live launch because it contained lots of group content.

LoY isn't the subject of either of these statements. Why are you using it as such?

Reading and sentence analysis goes a long way when you actually put an effort. It changes the entire meaning of the words, which you somehow managed to mess up so badly.

Now back on topic. LoY was never advertised as content expansion. It was always advestised as an expansion that brought various features, a new race, and a new mount type. I know this. Frank knows this. You know this, but are being purposely obtuse for this argument's sake. Knowing and accounting for this, LoY is one of the most important expansions ever released. It fundamentally changed gameplay forever. There's not a single second that goes by in this game that every single player is leveraging a feature from LoY. It's that important.

LoY may not be one of the best expansions from the normal perspective of content, but it's undeniably one of the most important expansions in the game's history. Try to keep up.
  15. Kahna Augur

I have my doubts about this. If it were any other setup of TLPs I would agree with you, but Mischief and the two offers this year? I am betting that most folks who are going to play on Yelinak have already left Mischief, either months ago when they had something interrupt their play or by now, as they feel no real reason to keep going on Mischief. Will we lose some? Sure, but I doubt it will be a mass exodus. We had some folks interested in Vaniki, but not after the FAQ was released. Everyone I have spoken to, in my guild, in my pugs, have all said you couldn't pay them to play on the new TLPs.

On Coirnav, just the announcement of the new TLPs crashed the population. I predict Mischief will weather the new TLPs better than any server before it. The kind of folks who love Mischief enough that they have stuck around through PoP, LDoN and GoD aren't dropping everything they have worked on for a vanilla TLP.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  16. Moforyguy Elder

I think you're right about who's playing Yalinak. Everyone I know quit Michief already and plan to play Yalinak and no interest whatsoever in Vaniki.
  17. Overcast451 Augur

I think you are right. Personally, I will be leaving Mischief for Yelinak - but it's not because I dislike Mischief at all. I actually love the ruleset. It's more of a personal thing for me. I started EQ with the release of Kunark, and with RL at the time - I was always behind.

Then I would do TLPs.. usually starting when the temp outside started to cool (Sep/Oct) - when the servers were at Luclin-ish.. Then play until it warms up again and not have time or interest in EQ (Usually May, when the TLPs I have been on hit GoD/OoW).

But many things in life have changed for me over this last year. The wife and I are 'empty nesters' now, we moved, new job - but going back to the old one, since they offered me a fully remote position.

So I ditched Mischief last month, just to avoid the EQ burnout. Knowing I will be hitting the new TLP and having tons of gear there - I would ALT myself to boredom, so I'm using a bit of self-control to stay away.. other than selling off some items in the Bazaar. I'm thinking with being able to play more evenings over the course of the week now, I might be able to start up on Yelinak and stick with it to Live or until another cool ruleset comes out.

I've been playing some single player stuff - but I logged into EQ yesterday to check auctions and felt that 'draw'.. I need to resist EQ burnout! Hope these next couple weeks go quick!

So - it's not always JUST the ruleset as to why people pick particular servers. And if many do stay on Mischief - it will be a win/win for all. Mischief will remain viable, the new servers won't be saturated and perhaps the population will 'balance' some between these.
    asdfbot likes this.
  18. Delphwind Augur

100% bud! I’ll be staying on Mischief also. Let the Krono grabbers go make some quick cash then come back once it dies. I think they should have skipped the new tlp this year.

Besides, omens and dragons are two of my favorite expansions.
  19. Thatoneguy666 Elder

in the poll @ eqprogression.com, 75% of players surveyed indicated no intention of leaving whatever server they are currently playing on, with 18% saying they will swap to Yelinak and 7% swap to Vaniki.

So just a rough estimate, since about half the current TLP population is currently on Mischief, I think at the most you're looking at about 12% of the mischief players moving on to one of the shiny new TLPs this month. That's a good chunk for sure. But very unlikely to gut the server. Also Mischief is going to be attractive to returning players so it should probably maintain pretty well.

What the developers refuse to acknowledge or are unable to understand is that the 70s slog is one of the huge killers of these TLPs. It's far too long, and you're looking at zero levels and essentially sidegrades for 4 straight expansions. You could take OOW gear and go straight into TSS and have zero issues clearly content whatsoever. Zero. So do we really need 3 extra expansions that last 6 months to go from the end of OOW to the start of TSS? It's a grind for every guild and attrition in this 6 month period is worse than any other time. Mischief will experience this too, but probably less than previous servers.
  20. Accendo Guest

This thread has been derailed and is now locked.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?help/terms

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.