Anniversary Raid and other ramblings

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soapy, May 11, 2022.

1. Soapy Journeyman

There had been speculation that this year's anniversary raid could be left in game as a permanent addition, similar perhaps to GMM, PoWar, ToV 2.0, Fear & Hate 2.0, VP 2.0. The quest giver NPC seems to have de-spawned, so I assume that this may not be the case. It's a fun event that must have taken a fair bit of development time to put together. It has provided some valuable additional content, both for guilds who clear ToL in a single raid and find themselves with not much to do, and also for guilds finding ToL content challenging, who have valued the additional income of items.

Please could you consider putting it back in?

-edit for visibility: as per Zandas69 's point below, worth stressing that this event is unlikely to particularly relevant for live servers ever again if we assume that next time the event comes around there will be a new expansion available making the gear obsolete.

Offtopic:

Feature request: keybind for attack on; keybind for attack off (in addition to the existing 'Autoattack' toggle keybind). Some assist keybinds would be helpful too please - things that get away from the need to have a social button. This would be helpful because it would be useable even if mid 'chain' on another social that has /pauses in.

Feature idea: armor stands/clothes horses/static mercenary type NPCs that are placeable in housing. You could then deposit into it/trade to it visible armor, and it will be equipped. To picture my intent, think of stands of samurai armor. This would allow for a time capsule of character's gear evolution (though of course most will have been tributed by now, it would be nice going forward on Live and for the TLPs). One display set per expansion perhaps.

Side note: I'm late to the party on the 'tell us what you liked about ToL' but I will just mention that my favourite area in the expansion in terms of level design is on the roof of Bascillica (though there wasnt much cause to stay up there for long). Had vibes of vanilla EQ such as Mistmore and Unrest I thought (and HoT subsequently).
  2. Soapy Journeyman

messed up double post instead of edit
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Knifen Augur

Love it, but boy would I need a bigger house.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They could create "Mc Mansions" - huge houses holding like 2000 item - and we could have 3 per neighborhood and they could go in those 3 unused guild plots in guild neighborhoods that are useless
    Hobitses and Knifen like this.
  5. Lianeb Augur

6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yes please!

I have every robe I have ever worn and a few that I haven't. :rolleyes: I even still have my red old worn robe from day1!
  7. Soapy Journeyman

Fair point, Lianeb. I did think of that, but I suspect that the solution here will be to decouple that information table or load it in a different way less often rather than to impose limits on storage.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Like the Dragon Hoard they apparently abandoned?
  9. Zandas69 New Member

Agreed from a raiders perspective, nice to have an alternative raid target when numbers are down coming into summertime. Come this time next year the raid gear from this event won't be relevant as I'm sure there will be new x-pac/gear etc...
    Ozon and Soapy like this.
  10. Qimble Augur

99% of the stuff in my house I'd be perfectly happy stashing in a dragon's hoard. Just up the cap to 5,000 and I'll happily take that strain off the server.

Oh, and the anni raid was a great reminder of why I dislike best in slot gear being random drops rather than Ore or Vendor. Some classes we got 0-1 pants for, others we had raining from the sky.
  11. Knifen Augur

One of the major culprits of world performance is real estate - each time your character zones, all the items you own in any real estate need to be reloaded, sent to the world, and sent to you on the destination zone.

—EverQuest Team

Sure sure sure and covid was real. They just feeding us this line so when they remove it from us all together to "fix" lag, we wont be upset that it didnt fix lag like, spam pets were supposed to, like weapon procs were supposed to, like getting rid of wizards was supposed to.

jk but it feels that way sometimes with all the "things that were/are removed to fix lag that didnt fix lag.
    Metanis and CatsPaws like this.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Dragon's Hoard allows duplicate Lore items, Housing doesn't. Housing also has your Trophies... but once those are set, I don't see any reason to access them in real-time.
  13. Raccoo Augur

Might not help for all of that, but I made this post a few years ago explaining how to have Quicker assisting on auto attack.
    Svann2 likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I thought it was known from the start that it would be a limited time event this year.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I drank the kool aid after reading about this causing lag. So I spent 2 days transferring the entire contents of 4 of my houses to alts who never go anywhere. I originally used the alts just to buy more plots but now they own all those useless junk that I just can't get rid of lol. This way nothing has to "spin up" for those characters or myself since I seldom log into them anymore.

I don't zone any faster in fact it appears to be slower now. I don't feel lighter. Do I still look fat?;)
    Stymie and Knifen like this.
  16. Soapy Journeyman

Yes, this is useful and how I play at the moment. Its made possible by the priority treatment afforded to xtar, which gets its own direct keybind, unlike other functions.
  17. Warpeace Augur

It does if you allow other toons to put items in it.
  18. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

Probably less than you'd think. Most of the mechanics were practically cut/paste from existing raids.
  19. Windance Augur

The rewards are nice, but they aren't going to hold their value going forward like augs or clickies.

Rather see it stay in and get used rather than pulled till year when the risk/reward will make it unlikely to be run.
    adetia and Svann2 like this.
  20. Mesil Lorekeeper

Please put Anniversary Raid back into the Game.
    Windance and Metanis like this.