Test Update 5/10/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 9, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I am not saying it will always be easy to keep someone alive, just that it is possible.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Qimble Augur

Literally impossible without DA a decent portion of the time when moonfall and shackle are close together. It's an unfun mechanic if you can't LoS it and it's often just a DT with extra steps.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Would you rather they just make the emote straight up kill you with no chance to survive at all? I do recall emotes in the past that required someone to take a DT otherwise more people would get killed if they didn't.
  4. Tevik Augur

I think I'd prefer they make raids that are, you know...fun. But maybe I'm just weird.
    Fanra, Hobitses, Dre. and 3 others like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The emote ruins the entire raid for you?
  6. Tevik Augur

Creating conditions where you can do everything right in response to an emote and still get killed by it is not fun, no. Random DTs of any kind, which are also present in this raid, are not fun, no. Mechanics that you can react and respond to and create a successful outcome are fun.
    Allayna, Kaenneth, Fanra and 11 others like this.
  7. strongbus Augur

I add to this emotes that if 1 person fails can wipe the raid are also no fun. i don't find it not fun if failing a emote is a dt for the person who failed it. but having a failed emote be a end of raid is another.
  8. Jetslam Augur

I was the designated "heal the shackle" person on SR's raids before our strat changed to LoS it. It should be pretty easy for a competent healer to keep the shackled person and yourself alive, even if one or both of you get moonfall at the same time.

It's not just one person failing the emote. It's them and the other 53 people in the raid that don't have the situational awareness to avoid the silence when they see the person about to fail. It takes just one or two healers to step out of the shackle and aoe heal the raid for the duration to keep most people alive and recover. I've done it multiple times.
  9. Cicelee Augur

I mean, I am a magician and have survived it before without DA. Just need others to keep you alive while the DOT runs its course.

Like Waring says, you don't *need* a DA clickie. You just need that or people to heal you.
  10. Cicelee Augur

Our guild has maybe one person die from that emote once every month. And not everyone has a DA clickie they are using.

So no offense, but you are wrong. You can do everything right as an individual as a response to an emote and still lives. It just involves coordination and cooperation within the guild to ensure that. Like how a raid should perform.
    Jennre and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  11. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

Nearly all classes have spell shielding of some kind and usually a HOT option or two. Mixing the two makes it possible, but it is NOT easy.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  12. Captain Video Augur

So... Now that the Gloomingeep tutorial can actually be completed on all servers, can we get an achievement for it? There already is an achievement for the PoK tutorial set. Suggested reward = Prathun merc contract.
    Gherig likes this.
  13. kizant Augur

Please re-read what I've posted. I don't think I'm being confusing.
    Jondalar likes this.
  14. Windance Augur

I would humbly ask the designer of the event to put yourselves in the players shoes and think about how "not fun" the event already is, then ask do you really need to make it more "not fun"?
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't think you are understanding that the change is in how buffs are handled not how the many spells per cast are handled every time someone in a raid casts or procs a spell. This isn't about calculating the damage from the DoT's every tick.
  16. kizant Augur

I 110% completely understand that. I'm saying that because there's more buff slots to use we're going to have a lot more DoTs on raids. And if the performance of calculating damage hasn't improved then our lag will be worse because now there is more DoTs. There's nothing confusing about that right? That's my only concern. When I asked the question you responded with, oh because they made buff slots perform better it won't be an issue...
    ChiiChii, Stymie, scaethach and 2 others like this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't think you are as there is a difference between dots that calculate every 6 seconds and procs that get calculated every spell cast. The issue in the past was that every NPC has the same amount of buff slots and from the way it sounds that was part of the refactoring.
  18. kizant Augur

I realize that and I was being a bit facetious. But if somehow this refactoring magically allows 50 more DoTs and a bunch more debuffs with SPAs that everything has to consider to have zero impact on performance and lag then maybe they could consider undoing some more things cause that would be rather impressive.
    ChiiChii likes this.
  19. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

This is more a QOL adjustment that reflects the changing game player base, and as others said likely simplifies and frees up code. I don't see a downside at all here, just an up.
  20. Cadira Augur

For real reclaim energy/monster summoning getting a fix or no? You can say no.