Tell window stopped working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by kramer2202, May 11, 2022.

1. kramer2202 Elder

I got a bunch (couple dozen) tells at like the same time (was taking tells for raid invites) and all of a sudden the tell window stopped working. The tells starting going to my main chat window. I have since not been able to get the tell window to work again. In options, the “use tell window’ box is checked. I tried unchecking it and then re-checking it, but that did not fix it. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
    Elyssanda and Xhartor like this.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's related to having too many chat windows open. Iirc there is a limit like 32 after which it bugs out. You will need to edit your ui files to fix it. I don't remember the exact line off hand though.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

I had that happen to many times so I had to turn off TELL windows
  4. Tropi Elder

I have this happen often if you also can not right click and get context menu's open you can try /load and reload your ui
  5. kramer2202 Elder

I have tried reloading the UI but that didn’t fix the issue at all. I have heard from somewhere else that I may need to edit the UI file, but I have NO idea how to do that.
  6. Qimble Augur

You'll need to either rebuild your UI from scratch by checking the "reset UI" button at the login screen, or you will need to go into the settings menu and copy UI from another character that still has functioning tell windows.
  7. Xhartor Augur

My tell windows have been broke forever, it would be great to know the UI line to edit to fix this. Rebuilding the UI is a huge pain.