Request: New cat model for BST warder

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malbro, May 11, 2022.

1. Malbro Augur

I would like to officially request that the Vah Shir warder be updated to use the new tiger model.

The are in use in Shar Vahl at the front door of the palace.

Would it be extremely hard to change them?
    eqgamer, Orienn and Thunderkiks like this.
  2. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Alright I'll toss my hat in the ring here too. Instead of new tigers, I'd like to see tiny old-school Kerrans for the Vah Shir warder.
    eqgamer likes this.
  3. brickz Augur

Ogres and iksar beastlords should use the new bear and chokidai models too but people have a fit when you suggest they improve something
    eqgamer likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's a matter of personal taste.

Many players run the old models. Many players enjoy the "old world experience" in TLP.

Keep the old models as the base model but provide a permanent pet illusion AA for new models (which you can click off).
    Faydark likes this.
  5. Qwalla Developer

:eek:
    Deux and Timmyboi like this.
  6. Szilent Augur

wtf. those are children
  7. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

[IMG]

[IMG]
  8. Iven Antonius Bayle

A class and PC race bound pet illusion spell or clicky would be better as NPC & pet graphics should be bound to the expansions in their original state and for Vah Shir this is TSoL. The TSoL tiger model is already an updated version and it does look more authentic than the newer PoR puma model with the tiger texture map on it.

Version 1 (Original)
    Version 2 (TSoL)
    Version 3 (PoR)
  9. zleski Augur

While we're at it, correlate pet to race size. Gnome necromancers summoning spectres ten times the size of the gnome is weird.
  10. Barton The Mischievous

I think the Gnomes do that deliberately.
    zleski likes this.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

ALLIGATOR! Then move on to the cats , Oh and dont give them Kerrins, give them Karens.
    Celephane likes this.
  12. Zanarnar Augur

Umm no? If any of them need fixed, its the Trolls who got screwed out of a cool alligator pet because someone at DPG didn't want to fix the model's pathing problems.

At best I'd say give us a perm pet illusion AA and make the pet illusion items duration perm too. Then people can make their pet look like whatever wands are available.
    zleski likes this.
  13. zleski Augur

I play a Necromancer and Enchanter and I would LOVE a permanent pet illusion AA! Even if I need to cast it when the pet dies and it takes a buff slot. My necro ALWAYS has her pet in skeleton form so I can see what weapons his pet is using (plus, I really prefer the skeleton look). It would be really cool, too, if my enchanter could project illusions (with the AA) on her pet.
  14. Windance Augur

I would LOVE it if the pet classes would have the option to automatically have their pets SHRUNK when they are summoned.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Second being able to use Kerrans as warder

[IMG]

Alternatively, EQ Next's tiger

[IMG]
    Chikkin likes this.
  16. MacDubh TABLES!!!

How about persistent illusion working on pets, or just make pet illusions long duration/persist through zoning regardless of AA.

Right now you need to have the familiar keyring and persistent illusion AA's in order for pet illusions to last while zoning, and even with that the duration is fairly short.

This is a blind spot for revenue in my opinion. Why buy pet illusions if you need to recast it ever time you zone and then make them last short duration?

Edit: not sure what I was smoking but apparently read past this suggestion multiple times... carry on.
  17. Malbro Augur

I would even settle for a wand in the daybreak store to make it look like the tigers in Shar vahl.
  18. Chikkin Augur

right up there with

#SaveTheKerrans (and the Kittens)

Edit: [IMG]
  19. Chikkin Augur

I haven't seen that in ages, I suddenly want that guy in my group.
    Stymie likes this.
  20. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Delete all Vah Shir from the game.
    sojuu and Raltar like this.