Is Timorous Deep Broken????

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ReallyNotAgain, May 9, 2022.

1. ReallyNotAgain New Member

I've been trying for the past two days to zone into Timorous Deep. One, the boat has not come by the docks in Butcherblock. Two, I can't even zone there by running. Is this a known issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to finish a quest. Thank you.
  2. TheAgenda Augur

Hail the translocator on the docks
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Boats have been broken for most of the last 23 years.
    Hobitses and Fenthen like this.
  4. ReallyNotAgain New Member

Translocator does nothing either.........tried that first.
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Do you have the Epic Request/Retelling quest on your char?
    Duder likes this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I thought they fixed boats years ago, and that were just broken on rare occasions? :confused:
  7. Aanuvane Augur

What server? Working fine on Povar. I just used the translocator.
  8. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Make sure your talking to Translocator Gethia because the other one next to her is not the porter. And neither is Fithop

Possible if you get some more players to join you then you could use the Agent of Change - also on the docks and spin up an instance to Tim Deep

Although it sound like it is not related to any of this - the comment about having the cleric "epic retelling" refers to the bug they had a few years back that if you had that task enabled then the shuttles would not work properly
  9. ReallyNotAgain New Member

Just to update people following this.......The issue is with the shuttles in Butcherblock. They were not moving to Timorous Deep. As a result, I gave the barge a try in South Ro and that is working. So, I was finally able to zone into Timorous Deep from there. It's never happened to me in the past on my other characters, so maybe this is just an isolated bug/incident.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Theres also one in Firiona vie.
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Again....

Do you have the Epic Request/Retelling quest on your char?
    Duder, Kendeth and Loup Garou like this.
  12. Lianeb Augur

if you have the quest "epic retelling" the translocators will not respond to you for some weird reason. Been like that for a while, though the boats used to work.
  13. GNOME_POWER Augur

Ships and translocators work on the Cazic server.
    Loup Garou likes this.
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

That's what I'm trying to get out of OP. And sometimes the boats just don't work with epic retelling. (I think it is related to someone in group not being on the quest, but that's just a wild guess) I've had the boats fail multiple times during various runs of the quest.. but it is the only time I've encountered the TL gnomes 100% not responding.

After getting help via petition, I just started running to the oasis spot and leaving a campfire before picking up the quest.