Please lower the respawn time on Ruga and key mobs in Gloomingdeep. You are driving people away.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Linelor, May 8, 2022.

1. Linelor New Member

I've been helping some friends who are new to the game and wanted to do the tutorial on Mischief all weekend.

The respawn on many of the key mobs like Queen Gloomfang, Spider Tamer, Ruga, etc is extremely long. Ruga is over 15 minutes.

New players are coming in and having to wait and hour plus to complete a quest in the TUTORIAL because there are 6+ people waiting for a drop to complete their quest.

This just seems so pointless. If the devs see this please lower the timers on these mobs.
    Foaming likes this.
  2. Captain Video Augur

How many more threads about this need to be made before people get a clue? If the concept of grouping up to expedite killing the named in the tutorial zone escapes you, then you're going to suck at this game, on the whole.

Ruga and the Overlord are on 10 minute respawns. Spider Tamer is 5 minutes, Gloomfang is 3-4 minutes. If you think those wait times are bad, are you in for a surprise... Gugan is admittedly a mild annoyance because he drops a hand-in item one at a time, but you don't have to do that step in any order. Ruga drops dragon egg hand-ins up to three per kill. Again, you can go back to it later if you need to, plus that whole quest is optional and doesn't give any reward beyond a small XP.

There will undoubtedly be quite a few picks of the tutorial zone when Vaniki launches. They're not going to change it.
    Delphwind likes this.
  3. MischiefTLP Augur

5ish people in zone
    06:56:00 You have slain Spider Tamer Gugan!
    07:01:01 You pierce Spider Tamer Gugan for 34 points of damage.

5min respawn with no lag for basically no reward because the quest itself is only XP and you can't complete the meta quest The Revolt of Gloomingdeep until Seeds of Destruction opens and it only rewards XP. The armor bottleneck someone could reliably monopolize is Queen Gloomfang, selling group spots for the Helm reward. It would be hilarious to me if there is a GM at Queen for Vaniki launch. Overlord reward is a weapon considerably worse than the Gloomsteel he drops.

07:07:53 You have slain Queen Gloomfang!
    07:12:59 Queen Gloomfang wiggles its fangs and advances.

07:15:13 Overlord Gnikan has been slain by Jibantik!
    07:28:01 Overlord Gnikan says, 'Time to put down dis revolt myself! It ends now, slaveling!'

07:37:43 --You left a Gloomingdeep Master Key on a locksmith`s footlocker .--
    07:42:50 --You left a Gloomingdeep Master Key on a locksmith`s footlocker .--

07:53:44 You have slain Rookfynn!
    07:56:01 You pierce Rookfynn for 28 points of damage.

Assuming the Locksmith spawns within 65/65 Track range it's also a 5min respawn so either of those would be more annoying to monopolize than Queen.
  4. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Why are people so against making these respawns faster? Waiting for spawns is not fun. Darkpaw has done a ton of things to improve the quality of life on TLPs so don't even claim its classic EQ to wait. What we play is not classic EQ.
  5. Haze Journeyman

People do Gloomingdeep?
    Appren and Timmyboi like this.
  6. Duder Augur

Maybe because the OP was filled with claims of verifiably false data. Maybe because, as mentioned, especially at the stage of learning the game via the tutorial they should have grouped up. Maybe because making them spawn faster would not prepare them for the actual game with it’s far longer respawn times. Maybe because after 23 years people feel the game should be preserved in the state that has attracted millions of people over those 23 years and not changed piece by piece until it no longer resembles EverQuest. Maybe because the content is fully working and doesn’t need meddling with. Maybe because any change made to anything in EverQuest breaks something else that is completely unrelated that will affect far more players and not be fixed for months or years.

With your logic, why not put a gold chain, a Prada bag, acrylic finger nail extensions, high heels, and hair highlights on the Statue of Liberty?

I’m sure folks have many of equally valid reasons to not change it, if not more valid than the, “I want it now” argument.
    Brildon and Captain Video like this.
  7. HekkHekkHekk Augur

DID THEY TRY GROUPING?
    Duder likes this.
  8. Go Take A Nap Augur

This post confirms my suspicious that glooming deep is going to be aids on launch. 50 pick threshold with a line all the way to the spawn point for these mobs because people are not willing to group for kills.
  9. Captain Video Augur

It's not a looter shooter either. They've done some things to address previously week-long respawn timers on targets needed for epics. What's being asked for here is hardly the same thing. Understanding about respawns is actually an essential component of the tutorial, since it's also an essential component of the rest of the game.

Waiting for these spawns is dumb, you don't have to do everything in consecutive order. Ruga isn't up? Kill some spiritweavers or plaguebringers while you want, the staffs they drop vendor for 4pp each. Kill other things to grind some XP. Open barrels, get backpacks. The bows in barrels vendor for 1.5pp each, and they're plentiful. When I run a toon through the tutorial, it doesn't leave with less than 1Kpp. You can even go elsewhere in the game and still return to the tutorial zone up to level 10.

Dev time is >extremely< limited, and they have much higher priorities on their work list (can you say raid lag? I knew you could) than this. Whether you like it or not, this is how the game is played.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Linelor New Member

Ruga is confirmed on a 20m timer I killed him 3 times trying to help people last night and he only dropped a single egg each time. We had 9 people waiting on him at one point. Everything else seems to be 5m or 10m, with Tamer being the only one with a drop and never drops more than one item.

Yes, respawn times are bad later in the game but this is not some learning experience nor is it communicated that way.

Blind, new players come in and group with others just to have to wait an absurd amount of time for a single quest drop from a mob that NEEDLESSLY has a 20m timer.

OK, the rest are fine? Then make Ruga 5m as well.
    Foaming likes this.
  11. Captain Video Augur

Ruga is 10m not 20. He drops 1-3 eggs each kill, it's RNG. I've run the tutorial at least 50 times in its history; I ran it the first time when it was on its own server, so I think i know it a lot better than you do. He isn't even part of the main quest line, it's lore only, so if you don't want to wait, just skip him.

This isn't going to change, so you and the other complainers need to wrap your heads around that.
    Duder likes this.
  12. Linelor New Member

Then something is broken on Mischief.

3 kills last night one egg each for sure was 20m spawn each time.
  13. MischiefTLP Augur

Eggs are based on the number of players on the aggro list.
  14. Installing Updates Lorekeeper

Never thought I’d again see such tears, debate and drama concerning mobs in the tutorial.
    Foaming and Stewgottz like this.
  15. Alikat Lorekeeper

I ran through it a couple times on Mischief testing for vaniki launch. Faster respawns or more quest drops per mob would be nice.

I was also surprised to see opening/destroying objects wasnt shared credit on a couple quests when grouped.

edit: also the pic spawn for this place should be like 20 people not 50.
    Foaming likes this.
  16. Regismkv New Member

Best way for them to fix the tutorial issues for Vaniki would be to just turn it off. Man that be glorious, think of all the whining and tears we could have then.
  17. Barton The Mischievous

Do the spawns still slow down the more a zone is under load or was that fixed recently?

How crowded was it when you saw long respawn timers?
  18. Stewgottz Augur

I would like to see an AOC for every named in the tutorial.
    Duder likes this.
  19. Dailor Augur

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE HELP WE NEED THIS PLEASE. THIS IS GAMEBREAKING THE SERVER WILL NEVER RECOVER.
    [IMG]
  20. Larsen Augur

Seems like a fitting introduction to Everquest. /s