Significant DPS decrease across all classes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, May 10, 2022.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Since the last patch and MOB re-classification patches, I've noticed a significant DPS decrease across all mele classes. Maybe our ADPS has been fubar...<shrug>

I wish I had some hard data to present but I always keep my computer clean. Would anyone care to post a few very recent Parses and some slightly older ones for a comparison?

Thank you kindly!
    Droctrebor likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No parses here either but I agree. Its like walking thru mud now just to kill a mob I used to take down fairly fast.
  3. dwish Augur

What you are probably seeing is the result of the broken/lagged raid instances that have seemed to get progressively worse over the last 6 months. If you get an instance that features heavy mob warping, spell lag etc, all DPS classes will be doing less damage, some classes much more so than others. It's very noticeable when you compare a lagged instance raid wide DPS parse compared to a parse with a normal functioning instance.

As for the mob re-classification, that has most likely reduced rogue/ranger DPS a bit since less mobs are now flagged for headshot/assassinate, but it's does not account for any type of wide scale DPS loss like the broken instance issue does. Speaking as a beastlord, my DPS has not changed at all since the mob reclassification. The only large swing I will see is versus a normal instance/lagged instance.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not raiding. Not instanced. Just regular old mob killing.

My shaman, enchanter and others having same issue. It takes my group almost twice as long to kill the same mobs.

For example killing in one of the giant forts in FM - we could kill the rotation before it started over. Now we only can kill 3/4 of it before they start respawning.
  5. Droctrebor Journeyman

Okay glad it's not just me.... I was wondering what the heck happened. Much like CatsPaws, I tend to measure DPS in rotations and mine has been down across my classes as well. Same scenario, just group content in open zones.

EDIT*** Pets also seem to be less effective for me as well. From damage to taunting to keeping their health up....just seems to be a bit off
  6. dwish Augur

Ahh, I thought you were talking about raid DPS. I haven't noticed a drop off in just general grouping, but then I tend to just two box most of the time with beast/bard. I seem to be killing at the same rate though.

*edit*
    This is in ToL zones as well, I don't really do much outside of ToL zones.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

We seem to kill things about as fast in raids (no scientific context, just "feeling"). In groups, I have noticed no difference. The same spread of mobs I could reliably keep down I still keep down.