Familiars

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fortuneteller, May 7, 2022.

1. fortuneteller Augur

All the familiars you get from progression/missions are quite weird, maybe build on same model.

The bad thing with them is that they really only benefit caster/healers/hybrid, but not improvement for melee damage

They improve spell damage/healing spells.
    For all, improve man regen, endu regen.

Melee really need some familiar for melee damage
  2. Knifen Augur

Vanishing Point (aid melee with increased piercing/slashing/something else dmg) and Venomous Raptor (poison dmg debuff). And stack with other familiars.
  3. blood & gufts Augur

except that is not reward for mission/progression.
  4. Knifen Augur

Nope you can get these free if your lucky without doing anything other then claiming your DB coin once a month and using it to get some LoN cards. Figured id give some alternative's for fortuneteller since they are looking for familiars that help dps and not have to wait till another expansion to see if they come to fruition.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

There is one from TSS that I believe increased double attack, although I'm not up on the buff stacking math to know if it's actually useful.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

I had not seen a familiar that is not weird yet. The lag that they do create should be larger than the benefits they do grant.
  7. Zarkdon Augur

Auto leave is a thing. At least for the progression familiars.
    Leerah likes this.
  8. Cadira Augur

I honestly don't know for sure but I think the buffs to spell damage and healing and such are pretty minor due to the spa associated with each but could be wrong. Can also be argued the melee still get the hp increase that comes with it which helps them a little with rampage damage and such that casters don't deal as much with usually.

Does seem a little more weighted towards non pure melee tho I admit.
  9. Iven the Lunatic

Right, I did forgot about this but have this active on about all toons.
  10. Leerah Augur

Thank you! Been seeing too many young wizards with their flappies hanging out.

11. CrazyLarth Augur

but I love my baby dragon it makes me sad to have to hide it.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

Always thought that those are pets and not familiars. ;)
  13. CrazyLarth Augur

well I tried to spell block that big Red Blob but the clicky will not cast the spell for the buff If I do that. Some day some will bug it and I like that 1st page of the bug.
  14. Leerah Augur

One that walks, fine. If it's flapping in our faces, not fine. Same goes for those raggedy winged mounts. Many of us are visually distractable.