Mercenary Update - Community Input and Discussion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shenovar, May 7, 2022.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Thats a horribe idea! I tell you what im ok with that if they get rid of raiding! deal?
    Flatchy and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  2. Rayzen Elder

Excuse me if I've missed something in the Threads, but what is going to happen to all the dps merc aa's we've spent? are they going to be refunded perhaps? It would be nice if they added more ranks for healers, and Tank merc aa's, and give us back the melee, and caster dps aa's we've already spent.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What? Why?

o_O:confused:o_O:confused:o_O
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Merc AA's are trivial to get with overseer, as the exp-reward also includes Merc-AA's.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Or...they could just make one set of merc gear per expansion with ALL the stats on it and be done with this "different mercs need different gear" nonsense.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

That’s true, if you’re 110+ but at 85 the experience rewards aren’t great. Also, it’s non-sense that every character on account needs to grind out mercenary AAs.
    MacDubh likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They do not have to grinding them all. My cleric, druid and shaman certainly don't need healer merc AA's, but they need tank and dps merc AA's.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Still a bad system that doesn’t need to exist.
  9. Evye Augur

Mercs shouldn't attack rooted mobs.
    Silvena likes this.
  10. Annastasya Augur

i think you should combine the tank/melee, and healer/caster mercs. Then, allow me to pop two mercs. Then make a simple mobile app that allows me to play EQ from my phone.

Then, i can plant my toon wherever i want, and use the touchscreen on my phone to press one virtual "button" that allows the game to play itself while i watch Netflix.

And while you're at it, go ahead and automate all that loot, plat, housing, banking, making friends and chit-chatting. It's simply too much effort. In fact, to help facilitate me winning your trivial game as fast as possible, just let me buy a heroic 120 toon with max AAs and raid gear and a nice variety of clickies and potions.
    PatCleric likes this.
  11. Shenovar New Member

I would just close the thread if possible. I will never understand why people feel the need to make sarcastic comments when all I was asking for was serious input. I love the way you spell jewelry, are you from the UK?
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

Just have the mercs swap out gear when you use a different merc. Should not have to pick which set of merc gear I am going to have on, as the merc should dictate that.