Two Quests won't update

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Aethervox, May 5, 2022.

1. Aethervox New Member

I have two quests begun & neither will update when I hail the correct NPC.
    This is with my character 'Feaborn' on Druzzil Ro server.
    Also, I am totally frustrated with the useless Customer Support function and/or 'petition' command. It won't allow me to sign in there nor contact anyone. I had to come here to post.
    Would 'someone' please assist me.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Its not a bug unless you explain it better.
    What quest what step what npc?
    GNOME_POWER, Yinla and Graethos like this.
  3. Aethervox New Member

OK, Svann2,
    #1 'Faction increase mission for Nebulous Dream Fragments in (Feerott, the Dream). NPC mob is Ashrin T'Vahn. I get the quest, kill 16 TaeEws & go back, Hail Ashrin T'Vahn & it fails to complete so I can't get the reward.
    #2 'A riveting tale' quest to get 10 commemorative coins. have to go to Ocean of Tears (Daffodil NPC) in Ocean of tears to Hail her (this step won't work).
    Same problem for both quests - just have to hail NPC but it won't work.
    I'm beginning to think DayBreak isn't properly maintaining this game.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

#2 Its not just a hail, there is specific text you need to say. "Sailor Twift sent me"
    #1 not sure but I see a note that says a frenzied tae ew does not update the mission. Did you actually see the step complete and green in your journal? edit: workd for me. regular tae ew, didnt try frenzied.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Are you invis or SOS?
    Elyssanda and Svann2 like this.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

please HUG the npc and make sure when you hail they respond in some way.
    I remember a some mobs do not like Illusions , lev , some have a very small area around them that they would resond to some one trying to talk to them, maybe /con them to make sure you did not mess up your factions doing other quests.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Does Ashrin T'Vahn respond to you at all when you hail him at the end?

Does he say"

"Ashrin T'Vahn says, 'Well done, I suppose. I'm glad you acknowledged the threat they could have become. Such pesky troublemakers. I suppose you now want your reward, adventurer, and so you shall have it.' The dark elf sneers as he passes it over.

Because the aug he gives as a reward is only for Heroic made or upgraded characters. So what he will be handing you is faction - nothing else.
  8. Aethervox New Member

This quest will still not update even with hugging, etc. What do I have to do? Uninstall the game & then reinstall? Would I lose all my UI customization if I uninstall? This Tier'Dal quest in The Dream is becoming ridiculously frustrating. Isn't anyone from Daybreak going to look into this problem?
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I doubt uninstalling will do anything but tick you off because yes you will lose your customization unless you save it to a file first and then recover it. And it will not fix this. We are trying to help but we need clarification other than "it will not update"

It would help if you could tell us if Ashrin T'Vahn respond to you at all when you hail him at the end?

Are the steps in the quest window green for that quest?

Is the quest still in your quest window at all? Some quests update and you may not have noticed the spam and like this one that just gives faction it might not have been that apparent in your chat.

Can you communicate with other NPC?
    GNOME_POWER likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

As far as submitting your petition goes - here are some steps that may help you:

Log out of the game and the forums.
    Go to main eq site and click "support" then "help"

Try going thru it that way instead of thru the game. But I can tell you in advance with the way your describing the issue is that they answer to the petition would be to ask your fellow adventures in game or to come to these forums to check if any others are having the same issue.

No one else has reported it so it is likely user related.
    Svann2 likes this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Its very unlikely to be your ui.
    I just ran the feerot quest and it does work.
    And on the anniversary quest did you tell Daffodil "Sailor Twift sent me" like I suggested? Its not just a hail.

We are trying to help if you would work with us a little.
    Aanuvane, Yinla and GNOME_POWER like this.
  12. Aethervox New Member

the NPC Ashrin T'Vahn will not give me the reward for the quest - I killed the 16 Tae ew lizards - that part of quest is green. Then when I hail Ashrin all he does is respond by starting the quest over (as if I haven't killed anything. It will not update the hail Ashrin to get the reward (to have quest journal say 'done' (for the second step).
  13. Aethervox New Member

As to 'Daffodil' NPC I did the proper 'say' & now have to get to Erillion zone for the copper sextant part so that quest is not a problem atm.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Have you tried doing it over as he wants you too? Everything says the task is repeatable.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

He should have at least given you a reward window for the faction. idk then
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

prob no window cause the aug reward is only for heroic characters, I am thinking it was that fast line that just says "you have blah blah blah and your faction went up" but his last task line is not green so it sounds like it not finishing.

What do you think about him redoing it?
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok I ran over there and redid it on my higher level non heroic character (didn't want the aug reward to interfere) and you do get a reward window that shows a choice between faction and exp

I hailed him for the last step while invis so that's not the issue.
  18. Aethervox New Member

to your last 3 posts - I will just try to do the task over & see what happens - maybe that's all I can do
  19. Aethervox New Member

I tried again, this time by trying to redo the quest but Ashrin T'Vahn ends the says before the quest will repeat - so I'm stuck with part 1 done (killed 16 Tae Ews) but the next step does not update upon the hail (which continues to be the problem for me). Either some GM/Dev must figure this out or I can just dump the quest (although I'd like to do it more times if possible). Thanks for the earlier suggestions.
  20. Aethervox New Member

I think I will dump the Quest & start it over & see, if after I kill the 16 Tae Ews, the next step will work. If it does fine, if not I will just forget this Quest (having, by then, attempted it twice).