Make crafted food and drink placeable

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kagemusha, May 7, 2022.

1. Kagemusha New Member

Some of these newer dishes look great, but are so small to see. I'd love to be able to place them in my guild hall at a banquet table, or in a display shelf.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Any specific reason it has to be player made?

There are non player made food items you can place. Turkeys, plates of food etc
    Wyre Wintermute and Elyssanda like this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Making something placable, means they have to make a 3d-model of it. That is not cheap, I doubt they have the resources for that.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I'd be happier than a clam if they just made all stat food stackable to 1000. This 20/stack thing has to go.
    Hegsheoshed, Wdor, Flatchy and 2 others like this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It would certainly make life easier for low-level characters and free some bag-slots.
    For high-level characters 20 miraculous food-items can last a long time.

It would make food-durations irrelevant if the stacks could go up to 1000 though.

You can buy cheap miraculous food/drink in shards landing: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=41367
    (hot cocoa and cinnamon bread)
  6. Rolaque Ancient

When housing came out, I expected visible armor to be placeable. But I was wrong.
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Misty Picnics and Kaladim Constitutional stack to 1000. It's not about how long the food lasts, so much, as being able to craft and store a lot of it at once, without taking up already valuable space.
    Wdor likes this.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If it was me, then I would remove the force-feeding mechanic, nobody should need that much food ever.
    and trying to make several years worth of food in one go, is just asking for trouble. :p

That said, I don't have any compelling arguments against increasing stack-sizes...except that it would feel a bit unrealistic... Everquest has never been about realism though...
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

QFT
  10. Arkanny Augur

Personally i'd love being able to place food, good idea!
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

I would like to fill the guild hall pool with Hafling stew!
    Wdor likes this.
  12. Zarkdon Augur

I can run non stop, carrying multiple bags and boxes, stuffed full of gear, while jumping, but if i take the smallest step I interrupt my cast!
    Jumbur likes this.
  13. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I would pay extra for a mannequin feature ala Skyrim.
    Pelrond likes this.