It's time to demonetize Underfoot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Notanewperson, May 8, 2022.

1. Zarkdon Augur

Here is a novel idea. How about you turn UP loot rates for gear in more modern expansions so people can get their own gear in a timely manner.
    Ozon, Timmyboi and Jumbur like this.
  2. Herf Augur

I'm all for demoralizing halfings.
    Sprooce and Nennius like this.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Bad idea demonitize one expansion then its another another! I veto the idea!
  4. Duder Augur

...yeah, they haven't been able to fix that problem for years, so that is where the OPs suggestions contain certain validity.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Except their solution will not solve anything and just damages the game for ALL players in the effort to hurt 1 kind of player, logically the plat farmers will move to a different expnsion, then rinse & repeat.

Ending scenario being you cannot farm plat anywhere & people go bust from the plat sinks, great you just let farmers wreck the whole game.
    Waring_McMarrin and Wdor like this.
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

LOL " Underfoot is literally PROMOTING cheating "

You're funny!
    What is PROMOTING cheating.. an expansion?

Plat farming:
    Promoting farming plat is the LACK of plat.. the NEED for plat.
    the sites that sell plat.

Making a living off of EQ is promoting everything wrong with 3rd party programs, plat farming, loot, accounts, toons.. selling.

Lazy phucks that live in their mothers basement that have no enthuism to work.

Not an expansion.
    Nerfing eq is not the answer.

#lightbulb: That's interesting, how bout making plat prestige. krono prestige. I always thought "1 time trade" added to Krono.

ps
    I find it odd notanewperson is a new member hiding.. what is the real point of the post.
    Also odd that you are going to 4 servers to look at these zones and taking notes. Did you just get suspended for bot playing or something? "go after them it's not fair"
    Wait, EDIT:
    I blame the expansion !
    Wdor likes this.
  7. MiinnZEK New Member

What zones in underfoot are they normally in? Gonna find myself some new PVP targets on Zek baby
  8. Laronk Augur

I understand the use of plat on TLPs.

On regular servers,

Other than tradeskills, what do people actually spend plat on? I of course will spend plat in the bazaar to buy stuff sometimes, but really what do people do with the plat? Sure on FV there's really expensive nice bazaar stuff to buy with plat but again why does the plat actually have value? Is there level 120 players who are constantly low on plat, is it not normal just to float a few million platinum. When you do get low you don't just go out and mass farm xxxx zone for 50k-200k an hour depending how awesome your own secret place is.
  9. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Spells, Type 3 augs, TS items, TS Gear, TS Gear reagent, collectibles.

Probably more but that's where I spend the plat.
    Ozon, Jumbur and CatsPaws like this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I am constantly low on plat, the most I ever had was around 200k and Im currently at 20k.

The main reason Im so poor, is that I think aoe farming grey-cons is kinda boring. The last few expansions had some serious platsinks compared to the loot you would get during normal play.

I have always wondered how other people got "a few million platinum" just like that. Did they farm them on grey cons too? Don't they split loot with their group? or do they just buy a krono? :confused:
    Duder likes this.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's all of the above. Can't tell you how many people have sold a Krono to my buyer and then turned around and cleaned out my Trader of 300 trivial mats minutes later over the years. What's your time worth to you? $17.99. It's a bargain!
  12. Laronk Augur

If I'm farming something, I'll kill everything around it. If I am waiting on a group, ill kill stuff. If I see a person needing help with something ill clear everything around it. If I log in to just chat I'll kill stuff. There's no need to "split" loot with your group everyone who wants stuff can roll on it.
  13. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

There's quite a few options at 120 that don't involve aoe farming greys. Run Before the Siege mission (Lceanium, takes about 10 minutes from requesting to /kickplayer task and has 5 hour timer), the 40-slot tradable bag drops about 1 in 3 runs and flips fast for a million on my server. Upper tier TBL zones drop vigilant merc gear, the non-caster ones sell quick at 100-200k each and you could probably get more for the healer ones but I prefer to flip them fast.
  14. Duder Augur

I understand and you are correct. My post was a post of encouragement to the players to continue presenting ideas to work on addressing the cheating and exploiting within the community. I don’t support the OP’s idea, however, I appreciate their attempt to present any kind of idea at all considering the general lack of dev support, dev comment or acknowledgement. It only makes the players feel that no one at the company cares about any issue that isn’t presented as a bug report that meets their “like” threshold to trigger action.

Also though, there are a few zones that could never be tolerated by a legitimate player but are perfect isolated afk farm zones for the unscrupulous. Such as Kaesora Library, Draniks catacombs, and there is maybe one SoD zone I am forgetting. So I do feel that there are a select few zones that could use to have their cash drops removed completely. But like I said, done very sparingly as not to change the game in any negative way nor interruptive to play on TLPs. Trying to meet those conditions sure is a tough nut to crack though.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Duder Augur

I made my first 100mil over the course of nearly a year by farming for tradeskiller mats or buying them and then maintaining a dedicated trader who sold at reasonable prices. Also, I might have made 25 of 1 item but I only ever post 1, maybe 2 of that item on my trader at a time. Folks search for something and what they might see is 1 overpriced trader with 1 or more for sale and then my trader who only has one for sale and heck, it’s a good price too! I better go snag that before someone else does!!

Aside from that, farming collects from all expansions is still lucrative. When a new xpac launches DO NOT click a single collect you manage to win. Always get new collects up early and price them high. All the same for new spells, dont mem that rk2, I promise that you won’t notice a difference between the base spell and rk2 but folks shell out some unreal amounts for new spells for the first month or two after an xpac launch. As others join in on that market the price will naturally begin to lower and lower, however, the money is usually still shockingly good.

Ornaments. Obscure(er) player made weapon ornaments are a good niche of items that typically sell well, can get 200-500k for an item that cost you 30 plat to make.

Farm obscure tradeskill materials involved in achieving 350 skill. Haze Panther Skins, Black Panther Skin, Cobalt Drake Hide, Yew Leaf (foraged in wakening lands). Tigeraptor Hides, Ice Burrower Silk, Holgresh Fur, Lemming Fur (ldon), Mastadon Fur, Othmir Fur, Arctic Wyvern Hides, Spinechill Silk and Spinechill Ichor, Flawless Tae Ew Hide, Pristine Tae Ew Scale, Flame Agate, Imp Blood (very common from the imps under the tree directly west of the Druid port in in Loping Planes.) Essence of Fire (Arcstone fire elemental area is best.) Swampwood Staves, Cazicite, spiderling silk (for leather padding which people need a ton of), Akheva Blood off original luclin akhevan, Essence of Darkness (mostly from robed guys in luclin but just about anything in luclin can drop them. WINDSTONES off the Grimlings located in and around the entrance to Acrylia Caverns (each player needs something around 170 each, at 3k each I’d bet you’d move a lot, All sizes of Acrylia (farmed there and inside Acrylia Caverns), all sizes of Velium (skyshrine and crystal caverns, maybe icewell keep could be better than both of those but never tested). Fish for Cobalt Cod and turn it into Cod Oil, Farm LDoNs for the components to make the temper to use in their associated recipes, folks need a lot of these too, from each of the 5 different LDoN types, not to mention materials used in brewing and a few other things. The LDoNs components can be foraged (if torture is your thing), or you could just wipe out the zone, loot, drop the mission and get another, rinse repeat. Rockhopper hides of all qualities from the rockhopper caves in Dawnshroud Peaks, (read up on that a bit, if you kill a certain rare spawn the caves will respawn as goranga until you get the rare goranga that will change the spawns back to rockhoppers.) All sorts of quality of animal skins and silks, Giant Polar Bear Skins and Giant Dire Wolf Skins from permafrost in the pits below vox. Polar bear skins and white wolf skins from polar bears in the newby area of permafrost peaks. Black Wolf Skins from black wolves in Commonlands. Blackburrow gnoll skins and pelts and patch of gnoll fur all from Blackburrow. Medium Quality Dire Wolf Fur (iceclad is best, on the final island that leads to the bridge to Eastern Wastes. Puma skin (Oasis/South ro). Groundspawn dye materials, there are 3 or 4 different kind that spawn in and around the LFay Brownie Camp. PERMAFROST CRYSTALS (just slaughter in permafrost caverns, players need a ton of these.) Girplan Feathers from Girplans in Korafax (trust me, korafax only. Players need roughly 150 of these.) While you’re there kill the bazu for bazu bones, they’re rare and in high demand… within reason as to price. Kill the named quest dragons (trakanon, gorenaire, talendor, etc. in Field of Scale for Drake Wing Bones and Dragon Fin Spikes. Save Ivory you come across and sell it straight or have it imbued by a barb shm that worships the tribunal. Heck, put together 1000 of every of the imbued gems (quite a task unless you use a brand new heroic char to imbue their gem type and then delete it to make a new heroic appropriate for the next gem you are imbueing. As far as I know, so long as you don’t exp on a new heroic you can delete it and remake it as many times as you’d like.) Slay zones like Kaesora Library and other similar zones for Taafeite, Harmonagate, Staurolite, and Prestidigitase, each player needs about 80 of each.

Phew, I could keep going but making that list kept me up far later than I should be. Good luck out there farmers! (Please excuse any weird typos, auto-correct does some weird things with eq terms, I tried to catch all of them but I’m sure I missed some.)
    Aanuvane, Jumbur and Flatchy like this.
  16. MacDubh TABLES!!!

While your post is great for moving platinum around, it doesn't generate any new platinum in to the game. The reason there will always be plat farmers is the only impactful way new platinum is generated is through farming of grey cons. For the average player it isn't worth their time so it leaves a big market for bot plat farmers.

If all of the sudden there was no dedicated platinum farmers the server economy would see a massive change (not going to speculate on what that would be as any form of economic changes can have impacts that are difficult to predict).

One way that this could be resolved is to cut out the middle man, just sell bags of 2M platinum in the DB store for $15 bucks each. All you are doing is cutting out the middle man, right now if I need plat I buy a Krono from DPG, then sell it (probably to a plat farmer but who knows) so I have plat to spend.

Back on topic to Underfoot though, I would say the reason it is popular is because it is so far out of the way and there is almost no reason to go there. It has always been notoriously overtuned so there isn't much reason to xp there, not really any good quest items you need, etc. Take away the plat drops there and as others have said the farmers will just move to a zone that may be more relevant to active players.
  17. Shakara Augur

People play on TLPs because they like to raid without 6-7 seconds of lag between each command.
    Duder likes this.
  18. kizant Augur

Ouch.
    Duder likes this.