I seem to have contracted a serious ailment...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by nazgull2k1, May 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

When all else fails, resort to the "indispensable customer" argument.

I have you down as against automation using 3rd party software.
  2. Zemistheman New Member

Very well said and I agree with you!

My concern is real and not anecdotal - in "my" little world of EQ, I have heard of 500 + different subscriptions that have been canceled since the beginning to January 2022.
    Yes, these are people who used software - however each of those were gold memberships and used krono to sub.
    Again, just 1 small sample and in no way am I saying this is the norm.

Money is the driver to all things and TBH - EQ is NOT trying to replace these subs with new players.....
    Expansion sales, store sales, krono sales..... how will they bridge that financial gap?

The gap that THEY allowed to occur for years and years and then suddenly stopped?

3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Automation has always been against the rules. SOE had suspended and banned players for auto-forage for years. You never heard about more complex scripts because they would get wiped from public forums.

The difference now is that the current moderators are not outright deleting automation threads and banning automation posters. I am not questioning the current moderators' policies. I am merely suggesting why you are making the false inference that somehow enforcement was changed when the rules used to be discreetly enforced.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Additionally, ever since Daybreak banned training automators, many players have simply resorted to petitioning automators. We are now seeing the effects of the /petition or /report culture.

Where players used to walk off after dropping 50 mobs on an automated group, GMs are now visiting the automated group.
  5. Ariana Augur

I'm sure Daybreak has a pretty good idea of the overall financial impact. They're probably hedging on the fact that more people will adapt than quit, but that's speculation on my part. That's their problem though, not ours as players. For me, they get 1 account now instead of 6.
  6. Zemistheman New Member

Dunning-Kruger in FULL effect

Wow - just wow..........

7. Simaril Apprentice

I have you down as against automation using 3rd party software.

As well as afk killing with mercs/pet, as long as it's against the rules. But if Everquest were to change it's stance I would adapt. As a boxer I want all the tools allowable to make my experience more enjoyable and fun. I hope they add some features like key broadcasting and such to the game in the future. More quality of boxing life and such.

But as Ariana said, the powers that be have spoken, no 3rd party programs at all, and no unattended play. As long as it's enforced consistently, I have no problems. But I'm going to push for enhancements to make the game more fun for me, even if they are unlikely to be implemented.

8. Zemistheman New Member

I agree with you - instead of 9 for me... they get 1

9. Simaril Apprentice

Ha, and at least I learned what the Dunning-Kruger effect was today! Thanks Zem, and thanks Google.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Krono membership acquired through automated platinum farming does not count. LOL.
  11. MacDubh TABLES!!!

[IMG]
    Eangel and Timmyboi like this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Also, Krono membership acquired through the automated farming and sale of TS mats and chase loot does not count as "financial support for Daybreak." LOL.
  13. Ariana Augur

I have always used a credit card on my accounts. It's why I'm comfortable admitting to past use of software on this account, although I was suspended on another. Because it wouldn't take a lot of detective work to make the link through payment information.

I know that's just hearsay though "just trust me, breh"
    MacDubh likes this.
  14. Simaril Apprentice

Also, Krono membership acquired through the automated farming and sale of TS mats

Benito hates Overseer now too! :) Just think how much prior expansion TS mats you could rake
    in each day with 12 accounts and overseer! How much tradeskill gear you could make and sell in the auction house!
    If only there was a way to automatically do those missions without pressing so many buttons!
  15. Chikkin Augur

16. Simaril Apprentice

That's a great article Chikkin! It touches on alot of the same points echoed here! I particularly
    like where he states basically that the reason that alot of people use the 3rd party tools is that that game UI is insufficient and they are going to work on improving the experience so that people won't turn to 3rd party tools. I hope Everquest does the same!
    Wdor, MacDubh, Zemistheman and 2 others like this.
  17. Accendo Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.