Shocked any business would choose to destroy itself.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elysha - Ragefire, May 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feedback Journeyman

Yes there is because people are getting 7 day suspensions for using input broadcasting software because of a post made on March 2, 2022. There is confusion on many peoples part whether it's allowed or not. This is the reason for the statement being necessary. Then it will cut down on support tickets, cut down on unnecessary suspensions and appeals. If someone is playing by the rules and gets suspended and attempts to find out why just because they were using input broadcasting software and the help desk won't even look into that they don't have a statement on the use of it, then there is a need for the statement to be made.
    Conjuration likes this.
  2. Feedback Journeyman

If you read the original post the same thing happened to that person as happened to me. There are other posts on this topic. But it appears to be derailed by the people that think the discussion is about something else.

To clear up all of this, an addendum, simple addendum to the link at
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/what-constitutes-as-cheating.281242/

to include that input broadcasting software is allowed or not.

That would clear up this entire mess and then there won't be these message threads created and people won't be falsely accusing the ones trying to abide by the rules and getting crapped on by people that don't believe it happened to you.
    Conjuration likes this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

It's crazy how people are trying to find loopholes to make cheating ok.

As soon as you start debating whether it's legal or not, it's probably not but you might be flying under the radar.

Not cheating is easy. Just don't cheat.
    Cicelee, Velisaris_MS, Lawyer and 2 others like this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This Feedback dude (account created 20 April 2022) is oddly stubborn (possibly as stubbornly pro-cheat as I am anti-cheat). People are providing him with authoritative sources, citations, and materials about key broadcasting and I S B.

He really wants to legitimize the claim that key broadcasters are getting suspensions and delegitimize the current regime of rules. It's poisoning the well and stirring the pot. The only people who benefit from sowing these kinds of doubts are automators.

The simplest and likeliest reason a key broadcaster would receive a suspension is because he/she also has automation or autofire software installed. Or, he/she is committing other unapproved gaming behavior such as AFK play in game (e.g. AFK while pets kill) and erroneously attributing discipline to key broadcasting.
  5. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Lots of cringe going on in here guys. Why not take a break and talk about clams for a little while?
    MacDubh likes this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

If you didnt know, there is a function for you to ignore a player. Click their name then in the top right there is ignore.
    Bigstomp and Benito like this.
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

Feedback, I asked:
    You responded:
    You responded to someone else with:
    It's OK, you can say I S Boxer (at least for now) so I, and likely many others find it a bit dubious that you keep saying "Input Broadcasting Software" instead.
    You likely have been using I S Boxer so that wouldn't be a lie, however what's more likely is you were using another program or app or addon(s) or plugin(s) et al in addition to it and that's what got you suspended.

I think you're being vague on purpose and I think you're not being truthfully forthcoming about why you were suspended.
    Cicelee and Benito like this.
  8. Conjuration New Member

Evading the bad word filter is bannable.
  9. Khat_Nip Meow

Oh, shoot. That dev that used it initially is surely going to get a stern talking to.
    /What else you got?
    Benito likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't think Daybreak is trying to destroy their business now they are finally suspending players for cheating. After suspensions over the last 5 months and players not learning from it and continuing to use cheat programs it is time those cheaters were permanently banned.

It shouldn't matter if they are only using apart of it that doesn't cheat, the programs are still capable.

Banning them all would solve the arguments of what is allowed and what isn't.
    Cicelee and Benito like this.
  11. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Your hands and fingers are capable of downloading the programs. Therefore you should be banned.
    Conjuration likes this.
  12. Khat_Nip Meow

That is a terrible example and retort to what Yinla was getting at.
    /You're bad at whatever it is you're trying to do.
  13. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Oh okay lol. Pardon my interruption. Please, let the echoes once again continue to flow freely thoughout this chamber.
    MacDubh and Conjuration like this.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Timmyboi - Account created 28 April 2022.

Probably someone trying to do a 'good cop, bad cop' routine. :cool:
  15. Khat_Nip Meow

Oh zip it. You know what you said is ridiculous. You could have taken it further with the thought police route.
  16. Maedhros High King

I always am amused that cheaters think they are the ones keeping the lights on.
    Cicelee likes this.
  17. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

An Abradolf Lincler, if you will.
  18. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Oh sorry, I thought that's what we were doing here.
  19. Khat_Nip Meow

You are exactly correct. Pro-cheat proponents are being ridiculous. Do you want a cookie?
  20. Bigstomp Augur

The OP starts out with Daybreak is hurting their game by getting rid of cheaters.

OP is an idiot (I can confirm that) and probably a cheater (I cannot confirm that)

Daybreak is saving their game by getting rid of the cheaters.

I'm not saying I'm all that important personally, but I was ready to give it up due to cheaters.

Seemed the devs/CS did not care for a while. Even a report of cheaters meant nothing.

They seem to be trying to fix it, I hope they keep banning people.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.