Shocked any business would choose to destroy itself.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elysha - Ragefire, May 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notanewperson New Member

2. Qimble Augur

FWIW DBG have permanently banned some accounts.
  3. Vaeeldar Augur

Automation wouldn’t spam - sort of negates the purpose of automation. broadcasting and regular players would.
    Ariana likes this.
  4. Vaeeldar Augur

Sure can see that by all the annnounced power leveling services in global chat…

And “some”. Why not all?
  5. Ariana Augur

I guess that depends on the implementation. A mouse macro that spams right click every 100 milliseconds certainly would. Poor choice of words on my part though and I appreciate your point.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Lol. Strange, borderline tinfoil assumption. They have been suspending and banning people for auto-forage for decades. What makes your think even more complex scripts were permitted? Simply because you didn't get caught, didn't mean that they didn't enforce the rules. Furthermore, automation peaked during The Darkened Sea but many players just trained automators instead of petitioning them.
  7. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Hahaha yeah good times
    Benito likes this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Funny how the Daybreak’s anti-training policy has them crying on the forums instead.
  9. Qimble Augur

Presumably because they use some sort of automated "strike" system that doesn't work perfectly. One account gets hit with 7/7/7 while another 7/14/banned. I also don't really understand the logic behind which accounts get hit and which don't, from what I understand people who only ever "box" have had only some of their accounts hit despite those accounts being grouped together 100% of the time.
  10. Feedback Journeyman

If only what you stated were true. However it is not accurate. This is the line that is inaccurate:
    Key broadcasting is allowed, and always has been allowed, on live servers.

If this is true, please as already many times asked in this message thread, provide a valid source from the gaming company that key broadcasting software is allowed on live servers. The reason I'm asking is because all I did was use Input Broadcasting Software and I received a 7 day suspension. I had nothing else, no sharing, no training of players, no kill stealing, NOTHING! Anything else you can dream up, did not happen. This is the reason people are confused, the help desk people, people on these forums, it's because there is no official stance on the use of input broadcasting software for Everquest.

The other things you've mentioned are a given, don't need to be brought up.

This message thread is concerning the use of key broadcasting software on standard servers where the original poster gave a solution. I agree with the original post, however my solution is that the gaming company provide us with their stance on key broadcasting software for Everquest like other gaming companies do for their games. It's not complicated.
  11. cadres Augur

@ the OP: It's perfectly possible to box pretty much any task (yes there are exceptions), xp etc without automation. So I don't see why folk should be leaving en masse unless their breaking of the rules does mean they have a massive advantage they can't replicate through legit play

Personally, I don't care if people automate, as long as they don't grief others. I know plenty of folk who play like that, including some with disabilities who really can't play the regular way any more.
    I do, however, very very much care about griefing. We suffered for years on AB. About 80% of the folk I played with regularly left because of it (almost all had several paid for accounts). Many of those folk have come back since action has been taken to stop the permacamping, killstealing and bullying
    So DBG are doing, from my perspective the right thing - if I have to choose between some people being inconvenienced by a lack of automation, and folk being bullied en masse out of the game - well, that's a no-brainer from where I'm sitting
  12. Feedback Journeyman

I believe the original poster already knows this simply because he states he doesn't AFK camp. If you read through the post, the original poster is talking about multiboxing. That is, playing the accounts. The discussion is on input broadcasting software as it's written.
    Conjuration likes this.
  13. xmPradah Not a dude

It was supposed to be Rizlona.

They DID (another fact caps word) - it is called Rizlona.

Everyone forgets, this server WAS made for boxers (NOT true boxers) and third party software was advertised as being ok, as long as it wasn't used to exploit the game or take advantage of active hacks. This is where the boxers went; it was obvious we weren't wanted on other servers - so why wouldn't we? Guess who else came, and failed to thrive long term on Rizlona? The RMT botters you all are really complaining about. They've moved on and guess what? They will infect your new servers soon enough. And those of us who aren't pulling the crap just want to be left alone on Rizlona.

Just take Riz off your scan list. Leave us be - we aren't hurting anyone playing over here by ourselves. We aren't hurting you, your friends, each other, or the dynamics of the game. We actually all like each other and have been a very healthy community.
    Genoane likes this.
  14. Feedback Journeyman

Please provide a reference source from Daybreak for this statement.
  15. xmPradah Not a dude

16. Nurris New Member

Ever use a merc and answer the door, get a drink, or go to the restroom and your merc kill a mob that attacked you? Guess what, YOU CHEATED! That's the story I got from a GM when I played EQ2. Log in your wife or husbands character to buff you? YOU BROKE THE EULA!

Remember the term, "put your money where your mouth is?" Unban my 11 accounts and I'll have no problem maintaining 50+ gold accounts - provided I'm left alone as long as I follow the PLAY NICE POLICY. In 23 years, I've never trained anyone and I don't recall if I ever stole a kill.

Claiming botters are somehow creating lag is absurd. Do you remember the OLD days Everquest? 100+ people in zones like NRo? There was no lag. Reading "Cazal to docks" and everyone scattered at once, and there was no lag. 72 person raids that included lots of pet classes and there was no lag. Mercenaries came along and suddenly, there's lag? Devs have said the lag is server side, NOT client side. Botters are CLIENT SIDE.

People think botters are greedy, and I'm 100% sure you don't know what you're talking about. I paid for 2 friends to play eq. One was offline for at least a month and one was my army buddy who had disability but no pension. Both accounts were setup to my email address for payment and got caught up in the banning. Sadly, Fred killed himself 2 months later, but I can only hope that wasn't related. I'd often run guide-like events and give away up to 1 million plat, often allow complete strangers, who were afk, to join the group for xp and gave them lots of loot.

Botters contribute at least as much to the community as people who have only 1 character and 1 account. Do your research before you spew all the hate. Botters bot because they have so much love for the game and LOVE WILL ALWAYS TRUMP HATE!
    Conjuration likes this.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ng-a-no-go-for-now.203937/page-2#post-3000154

Key replication can be interpreted to mean broadcasting, but if that isn't explicit enough for you:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/i-s-boxer-is-this-illegal.800/#post-8866

And, just in case anyone wants it for reference, from the TrueBox FAQ:

https://www.everquest.com/news/true-box-progression-server-faq-phinigel

So, you have 1) a broad acknowledgement of key replication being allowed, 2) a specific acknowledgement that a program known for key broadcasting is not against the rules (with the caveat it can be used in ways against the rules), and 3) an implicit acknowledgement that it is acceptable on live servers by virtue of it explicitly NOT being acceptable on TrueBox Servers. (Aka: the exception that proves the rule).

The first two of these were stated by Piestro, the community manager at the time, and the third being posted on the official website.

I don't believe you.
  18. Feedback Journeyman

Thank you. With this I was able to find the link: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...r-code-for-rizlona.266957/page-6#post-3924380

Several things to note:
    1. The date of that post is May 28, 2020.
    2. The post was made by a developer.
    3. The date that almost everyone refers to when there is reference to multiboxing or using input broadcasting is this post dated March 2, 2022: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/what-constitutes-as-cheating.281242/

The March 2, 2022 post is what the Help Desk consistently refers anyone to that opens a ticket asking whether input broadcasting software is allowed or not. No one on the support team seems to know about Rizlona or any special use for input broadcasting software for any server.

This is why there is a need for the stance on input broadcasting software to be stated. Then everyone has a baseline. Right now there is no baseline. Everyone that I've interacted with on the Help Desk seems to think that input broadcasting software is not allowed and that you'll be suspended for the use of it on any standard server.
  19. Feedback Journeyman

Everything you've stated is already known. Which is why the need to have a statement on the use of input broadcasting software. By having someone answer a question down in a message thread, this doesn't provide the help desk representative to know the difference between whether input broadcasting software is allowed or not.

I know there has been some answer the question in the message threads. I know that it should be allowed. But the help desk people don't seem to know. If asked, they won't respond for 48 hours and when they do, they refer the person to this link: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/what-constitutes-as-cheating.281242/
    followed by a canned response that doesn't address the question as to whether or not input broadcasting software is allowed or not.
    Conjuration likes this.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

There is not a need to provide a statement about what is allowed.
    Cicelee, kizant and Bigstomp like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.