Shocked any business would choose to destroy itself.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elysha - Ragefire, May 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If your thread goes past two pages it's hopeless.

They don't read the original post, cherry pick a tiny portion of a grown up adult concept and then bloviate post after post as they steer the whole thing to their own agenda.

forum quest has become worthless and pathetic.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im not sure the original post was about I S Boxer though. But its hard to tell when no-one can name the title of the program...:p

I doubt you can get Accendo(or anyone else from DBG) to provide an official stance, but I hope you succeed anyway. I don't think anyone will complain about clear answers. :)
  3. Feedback Journeyman

It doesn't really matter what input broadcasting software was in use for the original post. That's not really the point. The point is what is the gaming company's stance on the use of input broadcasting software.

There are many other gaming companies that provide their stance on this topic. There is no reason that it would be different with this game.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Faldo likes this.
  5. MacDubh TABLES!!!

How is this not about automation, talking of losing 6-24 accounts... Maybe I'm ignorant but I haven't seen too many I S B users pulling 24 characters at a time.
  6. Feedback Journeyman

This is kind of getting off topic now. But with input broadcasting software you're only limited by the hardware you have that can run the clients. You can run multiple accounts per computer. If you have 6 computers, you can run a lot of accounts. If you have 9 computers you can run usually more accounts.

The original post clearly states "I have never AFK camped anything" - can you believe that he's lying? Sure, but what would the person gain by coming to the forums and posting what the original post states? The original post is talking about multiboxing. Playing many accounts at the same time. There is no reference at all to doing anything that is against the rules.

The only possibility is that the gaming company because they don't have a stance on the use of Input Broadcasting Software is that some people will get hit with a 7 day suspension and others won't be. It all depends on the help desk representative and their belief as to what is allowed and what isn't.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Depends on what you are trying to do I guess. Pet-walling Naggy with a mage-army is probably feasible without automation. But you are right, just juggling a single group around with I S Boxer is already quite a handful. The big hurdle is probably positioning them all...
    MacDubh likes this.
  8. Feedback Journeyman

It sounds like we're all in agreement there is no statement from Daybreak games concerning the use of input broadcasting software. Other gaming companies as stated do have an official statement.

We're also in agreement as mentioned even in this message thread that is confusion as to whether or not the use of input broadcasting software is allowed because there is no official statement. Some people even think that many accounts played up to 24 mentioned isn't with input broadcasting software.

We need an official statement so that everyone understands what is allowed. It should clearly state whether or not input broadcasting software is allowed or not.

If we don't get an official statement then some people will receive suspensions while others won't because the help desk aren't understanding what is allowed and what isn't. This is what has happened recently.

Once again, I have to state the obvious, we're not talking about automation. The original post and the subject of this message thread is not about automation.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

In before the lock!
    Svann2 likes this.
  10. Cuuthbert Augur

Really quit reading any of this a few pages ago but should there not be a Benito Spam filter implemented in the forums
    CatsPaws and Metanis like this.
  11. Notanewperson New Member

Benito has quit his job and quit playing EverQuest to pursue a full time career as Acting Director of Rules Enforcement and Interpretation in The Veteran's Lounge.
    Metanis likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Love the 'New Member' pile on. Nearly all accounts made in the last 2 months.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's easy: click on my profile and press Ignore.

My remarks are largely contained to the cheat threads. You can also skip over the cheat threads.
  14. Notanewperson New Member

New Member to boards means nothing. Its not like these people just magically found The Veterans Lounge of some random unknown 23 year old game and decided to start arguing with know-it-alls. For someone that act's like they know everything you're denser than tungsten.
    CatsPaws and Conjuration like this.
  15. Grau Elder

It's funny to see an "old member"
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It should be very easy to uninstall automation software then.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's not complicated:

Key broadcasting is not allowed, and never has been allowed, on TrueBox servers.
    Key broadcasting is allowed, and always has been allowed, on live servers.
    Even if something is allowed, if you abuse it in an egregious way you still risk action taken against you.
    If you let someone access your account, and they cheat with your account, you risk action taken against you, and it doesn't matter that you, personally, didn't do it.
    Cicelee, Biltene, Warpeace and 4 others like this.
  18. Notanewperson New Member

and it should be easy for you to quit acting like you're some kind of CEO of Darkpaw. People are tired of you crying all over the place, lol.
    CatsPaws, xcitng and Conjuration like this.
  19. dentalplan lisa needs braces

god I love these cheater cry threads, please keep them coming
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'm just advocating for the continued enforcement of the anti-cheat, anti-automation rules. It's entertaining to unravel all of the pro-cheat arguments, agendas, and angles.

It sounds like Daybreak is not changing enforcement based on recent threads. The rule-abiding players are keeping up the anti-cheat pressure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.