Shocked any business would choose to destroy itself.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elysha - Ragefire, May 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feedback Journeyman

I need to remind people that the subject of this message thread is "Shocked any business would choose to destroy itself." and in the original post is reference to multiboxing and that some were suspended.

I'm asking the community to come together as a whole to get the gaming company to provide their stance on Input Broadcasting Software which is used by some multiboxers.

A list of other company's stance on the topic has been provided.

I've always thought that Input Broadcasting Software (aka key mirroring, mimic keystrokes) was allowed but I cannot find any reference to the stance from Daybreak Games on this topic which is why I'm asking everyone to put their voice forward to ask them to provide us a stance.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This is just as much about the constraints of power (latitude of enforcement) as much as it is about "education."

Weird flex.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Fanra has some dev-quotes here: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Utilities#[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]
    While not "official statements", they probably reflect the dev's opinions on the matter.

I haven't heard anything verifiably about them changing their stance.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hahaha The self-appointed oracle speaks...again. Will your sayings be available in paperback? I'm thinking of a red cover.

Please note, my objection to what you write isn't about condoning cheating. It's about your sanctimonious attitude. It's amusing for now, so I won't yet put you on ignore.
    CatsPaws and MasterMagnus like this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Search harder. ISB is allowed. It was specifically enabled on the Riz TLP. It's automation that's not allowed. It's afk killing that's not allowed. Can a mistake be made if you're using ISB the way they try to figure out if someone is afk killing stuff? Sure... but it's very rare. The vast majority of the suspensions are for using software that is flat out cheating.
    Conjuration likes this.
  6. Feedback Journeyman

Yes those would lead some to believe it is allowed. One employee from Daybreak in a message thread indicates it's allowed. However that's one employee's interpretation of the rules. It's not posted for everyone to get to easily. For example, people within the help desk would not know this was Daybreak's stance on the topic of key broadcasting software.

I'm asking for the company to make clear their stance so that everyone can refer to it. Not just one employee's understanding of the rules, but everyones.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Ariana and MasterMagnus like this.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

First of all there is only one self appointed Oracle around here and don't ever forget it!

Secondly, i totally agree.
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Feedback Journeyman

I have spent about 4 weeks searching, interpreting, trying to understand. I've not found anything definite. The links already provided I've known about for weeks. What you're stating was my understanding until I received a 7 day suspension for using input broadcasting software. I won't refer to the name of the software because the name is not allowed on these forums which is an entirely different topic.

This is why I'm asking everyone to get together to provide a consensus for the gaming company to give us their stance directly on the use of Input Broadcasting Software. Without it, there is confusion on the part of the help desk, the player base, and everyone involved with the game. The company inadvertently destroys itself without knowing why.

Once again, afk killing and automation is NOT allowed. That's a given, I'm not talking about that.

Maybe what happened to me was a simple mistake or maybe Daybreak never allowed input broadcasting software and only a few people at the company believed it was allowed. We don't know for sure. No one knows that plays the game with accuracy that input broadcasting software is allowed because the game company doesn't provide their stance on this topic. And they continue to destroy themselves without knowing it.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's rather easy to entertain a thought without accepting it or liking the speaker.

I've made logical and merit-based arguments (broad and vague language maintains wider latitude of enforcement). You seem to have taken it personally.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This Feedback dude made his account on 20 April 2022.

Nothing is going to convince him to sufficiency. That's not his true angle: i.e. legitimize key broadcasting suspension claims and delegitimize the rules themselves.

He quotes other MMO game rules that are just as "vague" and "broad" as Daybreak's rules. He's just poisoning the well and stirring the pot in relation to the automation debate.
  12. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Your argument tactics are near sociopathic.
    Eangel and CatsPaws like this.
  13. Feedback Journeyman

Please stop lying and please stop trying to derail this message thread.

Once again, the topic is about multiboxing with input broadcasting software. There is no official statement from Daybreak Games on this topic. Why you want to read into this and talk about things that are not allowed is beyond me. I'm staying on topic which is why I keep repeating what I'm saying.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  14. Khat_Nip Meow

Feedback, are you specifically referencing I S Boxer in your case?
  15. Grau Elder

Benito spends more time arguing on the forums than he does playing the game. Do feel free to look at my account's age though.
    CatsPaws, Nennius and MacDubh like this.
  16. Feedback Journeyman

Yes but it's not allowed to use that word on the forums. If you're going to refer to something on some other forums where it is stated that it's allowed to be used with Everquest, it's not something from the official statement from the gaming company. Which is why there is confusion from different representatives at the Help Desk at Daybreak Games.

By the way, this account was created in 2018. I have others created in March 1999. Remember, I'm a multiboxer. It's this forum name that was recently created because I wanted to provide "Feedback" to the gaming company. Constructive feedback in an effort to try to get the gaming company to provide their stance in input broadcasting software. But for some reason there is a vast amount of people that seem to think a different motive is present because of past history of posts made here by other people.
  17. MacDubh TABLES!!!

It probably doesn't help that this started as an automation thread. Maybe start a fresh thread to discuss your issue?
  18. Feedback Journeyman

No, this didn't start as an automation thread. The original post has nothing to do with automation. That's what Benito wanted to keep talking about.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

These are pro-automation threads.

Call me skeptical that you are a 'New Member' account and make the same old claims verbatim of a "false positive suspension."
  20. Feedback Journeyman

If you re-read the original post, I agree with everything posted except for the solution.

I firmly believe the solution is to have the company provide their stance on input broadcasting software. As it is now there is no stance posted by the gaming company thereby causing confusion in different areas of the game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.