Cannot Reproduce Random LDs

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Jildaan - Povar, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Jildaan - Povar Uncle Crispy

I did file a petition, so Daybreak has on file all the data from the questions they can inquire about.

I had my ISP provider provide a tech visit for an inspection from the hub on the street to inside the house and all was given a clean bill of health. This HAS to be one of two issues: connection from this area to Daybreak or something in the game itself. Devs?
    Vandiill likes this.
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I'm curious...
    Do you box, have you... been SEEN boxing.
    When starting a quest.. do all your toons: /sa '' ready '' at the same time? (do you use any program to help you box) that will get reported.

I have a feeling, when others report a player, this causes lag on that player.. causes weird things to happen.. crashing etc. Perhaps they get put on a "bad buy monitor list", which takes resources from your game play.
    So have you eliminated that in your list of troubleshooting?

I don't box.
    I had issues with the game .. lots of lag and long spell cast refresh times. 3 weeks go by and it self fixed.
    I tried everything. Router, Modem, Splitters, Cables, ISP visit, drivers, fresh install..

(a bug where I would load into the game and the game would crash) I did a fresh install EQ and one by one added my 'backup files'.
    even eqclient was fresh new.
    I found one bug where I would log into the world.. and crash. It was my charname_servername.ini . I installed an older test server one and my issues went away. Out of all the files it was that.. very unusual.
    Add a back up file or one piece of custom UI, load game.. no issue. Add another file load game.. crash. Removed that file load game.. no crash.

But to get a dev to reply on our issues, there are many threads like this, they don't reply.
    Ingame support asks you to do tests on your connection giving you old outdated sites to go to.. which basically results to, I don't know what else I can think of.
    The petition csr's don't communicate with Devs here (the one I had asked me what the dev's comments were on the topic ).

if your GF stops playing, you stop playing. Only play EQ if your partner plays too.
    Why trade a relationship for a game in which the customer service doesn't even reply to your problems.

To be honest, I don't believe things are going well behind closed doors in the game.. there might be changes soon ( should be ). I wish them they best. The developers are having issues with ' old code' as recently explained.
    The customer service only go sofar.. and don't help with issues of lag, delay, crashing.. As this thread and others are not addressed.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Zerker Journeyman

My guild is also experiencing random crashes to desktop. We had 8, EIGHT, OCHO people crash to desktop within a 5 minute span. Of course it was right as the raid event started, causing a wipe. Daybreak is getting worse and worse, I hear they still haven’t figured out the “invalid credentials” bug hundreds of their players are having. Imagine not being able to play/raid because of game crashes or not having access to your own account(s). Pathetic.
  4. Jildaan - Povar Uncle Crispy

Yes. I box. I have three accounts. I operate ALL independently. I have never used any program. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

The last time I have seen this much crashing was Shadows of Luclin. Weird eh?

Also, as you see others are having problems crashing. Address the issue.
  5. Jildaan - Povar Uncle Crispy

Oh ya, don't need relationship advice thank you.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

One thing not mentioned that is very important for EQ client stability is clock sync. If your PC clock has drifted more then a second, chaos ensues.

Make sure your computers are syncing time with an internet NTP server at least once a day. Any time Windows update runs it can disable this feature, so the issue can recur.

Simple instructions to enable NTP can be found here
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-manage-time-servers-windows-10

Other forums threads describing problems with client and clock sync:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?posts/4127979/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?posts/4068370/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?posts/3976406/
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Have a nice day.
  8. Jildaan - Povar Uncle Crispy

Ya, you meant that.
  9. Ratalthor Developer

Can you please PM me character name, server, and timestamps for when you experienced a crash?
  10. Jildaan - Povar Uncle Crispy

I sure will, though out of town for a couple more days. Will be Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.
  11. Jildaan - Povar Uncle Crispy

Do they require more data than I provided?
  12. Ratalthor Developer

I have updated the thread name from "crashes" to "LDs" as the reports received don't appear to be crashes.

For us to investigate the LDs, if anyone affected can provide trace routes and a ping, we can dive deeper into the causes. If you need help on getting that information, you can follow this link:
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...o-create-system-and-network-information-files

If anyone in the thread experiences a crash to desktop, please open a new thread with specifics on the crash and when you encountered it. Thanks!
  13. Shillingworth Augur

The fact this is happening on multiple Windows versions, multiple computers, and multiple connections leads me to believe something your using is disrupting the connection. Either the way your modem, router, or a program on one the machines is running is interfering or your ISP is (possible your phone and home are on the same local backbone). However the fact that one of your computers didn't do it but then began to do it after some time leads me to believe either it's something your installing on every computer you own or something installed on one of them that reaches across the entire network.

No idea if there's a Windows thing that causes this, all my machines are Linux and have been for a few years now, but it wouldn't surprise me as what drove me away from Windows after being a Windows & Linux guy since the 90s was how each new version gave less and less info about errors and crashes while Linux gave more and more as time went on.

Something that works for me in Linux-land and has Windows versions which I began to learn it on. Wireshark, it's a GUI wrapped around winpcap/libpcap which are APIs that let you sniff network traffic at any level of granularity you personally have access to. Firewalls use it to monitor for bad behavior. Cheat programs use it to sniff out data the client doesn't normally show you. Loggers use it to create organized log files of network traffic. I use it with vscode to make sure my own network programs are actually doing what I tell them to on the network. However it has a lot to learn to be effective at using it, plenty of compsec tutorials online explain how to use it, a YT vid might be most useful to see what the person means as it can get very technical. I really wouldn't be surprised if somewhere on one or all of your machines is some random software you use that is experiencing port collision with EQ. Funny thing about port collisions, they can happen for a few minutes or a few hours before you see any signs something is wrong and then out of the blue a program crashes out of sheer confusion when it gets the wrong packet.
  14. Denmer New Member

I know ya said ya changed out the router and did all the network tests and all that, but just wanted to put here just in case. If you're using port forwarding on the router it will cause issues on all the other devices that try to use those ports. So in the case of EQ you will get stuff like mail service offline, unable to connect to universal chat service, one of your characters HP might show up as purple at some point... Just some personal experience and thought I would post it here if it helps anyone.
  15. Ratalthor Developer

We are unable to confirm an issue on our end, so I will be closing this thread as can not reproduce. The issue could be related to the connection to the ISP.