Vaniki Pets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fables07, May 4, 2022.

1. Fables07 New Member

Sorry if this was answered somewhere but how will pets work? Are they going to be scaled? If so how? It'd be pretty hard to justify rolling mage for a challenging content server if my pets just going to get one shot all the time.

Thanks!
  2. Santified Lorekeeper

Pets will be the level you summon them at. Mage epic will be very strong once useable when 50 releases and can mem the spell. Other than that Mages have benefit of no motm in classic so can spam mobs. You will land spells easier on mobs, but other than that pet wise mages will lose out on a lot of dps. Im not understanding this because magician is i think the class with the most people planning to play in my guild atm. I just think that they are going to be weak. Melee will be strong along with necros and wizards
  3. Neuro Elder

I feel wizards will be quite strong on raids, but grouping and leveling a wizard will (as usual) be a pain.

I'm torn between necro and wizard. Necros are the kings of solo, and I have no desire to box another character, but I'm not sure I want to just be a twitch bot on raids.
  4. UltrawideGameGuy New Member

Vaniki has MotM according to the FAQ.
  5. Vindaven Elder

Yes... But...

Original EQ Classic bosses stop using MotM once Gates of Discord has unlocked.
    Kunark bosses stop using MotM once Dragons of Norrath has unlocked.
    Velious bosses stop using MotM once Prophecy of Ro has unlocked.
    Luclin bosses stop using MotM once The Buried Sea has unlocked.
    Planes of Power bosses stop using MotM once Seeds of Destruction has unlocked.

So, while it will exist in raids... It eventually fades off the lower end expansions. And since you are low level... It is possible that doing the lower end raids will be a thing to do.