What are your favorite spots to grind exp.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chazrilla, May 4, 2022.

1. Chazrilla New Member

My brother and I have trouble doing progression tasks and prefer the old fashioned way of finding a cozy camp to grind exp. That being said, once your characters reach level 110 what are your favorite spots in each expansion up to ToL to chill and grind exp?
    I did some research in almars but the camps mentioned are usually too intense to be "chill" spots and I'm hoping to find more then what he provides to add a bit more exploration so we don't get bored of any one camp. Our set-up is usually mage-nec combo, or sk-brd-mage-bst, or sk-necro-mage-bst. Thanks!
  2. Truetotheblue Augur

Basilica once you get up to ToL is great. Predictable pulls, great ambiance, and not terribly difficult. This would be at the tail end of your journey, but a great zone to get some AAs and gear once you're there.
  3. MacDubh TABLES!!!

110-115 GD Wurm Caves in the Restless Assault instance. Farmed a lot of AA in there, nice and peaceful as it is an instance. 116+ Shei instance same deal.
    Velisaris_MS and Svann2 like this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

GMM for AA's at 120. There are faster spots, but GMM has worked for me.
    lumdaen and Yinla like this.
  5. Schadenfreude Augur

What I do is pick a named that has an augment on their loot table and find out how many placeholders it has and whether or not they are close enough to each other to be able to keep them all down without too much effort. Once that is done I find a spot with no roamers and place a campfire. It's worth taking ten or fifteen extra minutes to make 100% sure nothing is going to path into your camp/campfire at the worst possible moment.

An older example would be Lidia the Castaway on Brother Island. Only one placeholder so you can pull just enough mobs to get her solo or roam further afield and pull random yard trash, any time I was levelling an alt I would take them here so I could learn the basics of the class while getting a decent amount of loot, spells, collectables etc.

A more modern example is Ol' Grinnin' Finley in CoV Cobalt Scar. Again, an aug on the loot table but this time more placeholders than almost any other mob I've come across so the same technique applies but in this case you shouldn't need to pull anything other than sharks.

Obviously, this works especially well on free trade servers as you can make a tidy sum from selling the augments and other loot.
  6. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Kunark era zones...regular and EoK/RoS to me were the best. Iksar is my preferred race and really enjoy the Kunark-ish lore.
  7. Bardy McFly Augur

Anywhere I can set up a kill loop. This is valid for classic all the way to modern expacs.
  8. MacDubh TABLES!!!

One thing to keep in mind is that xp returns are diminishing if you are killing in expansions below your level. So at 110 you can still get decent xp in RoS and TBL, once you hit 111 the xp will be reduced and ToV/CoV will be the place to go. 116+ ToL is the optimal xp.

You will need to test out how your group composition is to see if the slower xp rate can be made up with faster kills. I have heard of people who will stay in Sathir's Tomb (RoS) past level 110, but I found I would need to kill twice as many mobs there compared to Great Divide (ToV) and it didn't take me twice as long to kill a ToV mob so I moved to the newer expansion.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

I dont really do exp presay but I love to reget merc kill quests when farming loots

Zone into VEX THAL (off UP)
    https://tol.eqresource.com/vexthal.php

I found a great place for the Bloodied Luclinite Corrupted Garnet

get the 3 merc quests ( one is the only one you need)
    kill all 4 mobs at zone in and can pull a few more waiting on repop - reget the quest
    1st mobs can drop this item and they are all single Pulled)
    these 4 mobs also drop Collection drops
    reget the merc quest to kill them
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

You do know you don't have to have the merc task to kill those mobs and the task itself gives no xp, right?
    Svann2 likes this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Combine Dredge for my ranger doing aa's only at 120 did they start turning green. Tons and tons of mobs and if someone happens to be there can get the HA whats funny is you can get the task with just you and a merc maybe even solo although havent tried it yet. I enjoyed the Darkened Sea expansion.
  12. Ironfoot Elder

Guild lobby. Best xp in game post 110... 10% for a good 5 minutes, twice a day =)

Overseer is gonna be your primary source of xp. Out grinding should be all aa.
    You really wanna do the merc/part quests though. you're looking at 100 kills per 1% of a level, doing it the old fashioned way. Just not viable any more.
    MacDubh likes this.
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

There are no favorite spots in ToL to grind exp.
  14. Conq Augur

If you choose to grind, grind the instances that drop collectables and sell them in the bazaar. Or else camp named. Xp'ing to just xp is the road to burnout, disappointment and sadness. Grind with a purpose.
    Conq
  15. Iven the Lunatic

Goblins, sarnaks (forts) and giants (forts) in Frontier Mountains (EoK). The outer city walls of Lceanium are also nice spots but harder.
  16. Razorfall Augur

There are a few, but if you don't have high DPS or ranger friends to headshot then it's not worth it.
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I have a ranger, the exp is not worth the sub.
    I do sub for prestige, J5, RK II's + , and to keep gaining AA. I raid.
    I have removed sub from 2 other accounts right now. Running from zone a to zone b now with invis changed is unfair purchase of the expansion. On the topic, Headshot nerf due to none humanoid change also effects your reply. This effects a ToL raid as well.
    These changes are not what we paid for. It is unfair and to be honest, a 'rip off' to change things that was sold, then ripped out from under us after they got our $.
    Honestly, I hardly log in like I did a month ago.
    Heh, ironically I feel like those that got a suspension for using 3rd party programs.. the game play '' unfairly '' changed on me..My normal routine has been disrupted.
    But in my situation, it changed unfairly because of a patch not something I did.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They can change what they want, when they want. If you feel you were ripped off then don't pay. I have yet to hear anyone say they bought the game because it had "headshot" even back in 2018, 2016, 2014 when there were other headshot modifications.

Every class has had upheavals in the past and will again in the future.
  19. Shredd Augur

Any of the raid zones in ToL that can drop luck augments for AA. My favorite is Ka Vethan when not loot locked. It is simple pulls, re-fills AA for glyph, and helps folks finish the luck augments they might be missing. Oh, and drops decent trade skill items.