Fixed Spell Gem Window

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Wanuven, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Wanuven Lorekeeper

Post update, I've been unable to open up my spell gem window. Alt + S is non functional. When I open my "window selector" and attempt to pull up a spell bar, it also fails to do so.
  2. Kendeth Augur

The same thing is happening with Player Information window (Alt + Y). A friend of mine lost their window somehow and the only way I was able to help them get it back is to have them edit their UI_character_server.ini file to change that window from Show=0 to Show=1.
  3. Malbro Augur

Same thing here.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Most, if not all, of the various windows can be brought up using the EQ menu button. Have you tried that?
  5. Malbro Augur

Yes, I have and it doesn't work either.
  6. Kendeth Augur

Doesn't work for either the spell window or player info window since the patch.
  7. Duck_Williams New Member

Same thing happened to me yesterday.
    (Update) Went into UI_Player_Server.ini like stated above and changed to Show=1. Now at least the bar is shown but it wont close.

[CastSpellWnd]
    INIVersion=1
    FirstTimeAlert=0
    DBGTint.red=255
    DBGTint.green=255
    DBGTint.blue=255
    Border=1
    ClickThrough=0
    Escapable=0
    Width2560x1080=372
    Height2560x1080=82
    Alpha=192
    Duration=500
    Locked=0
    RestoreYPos2560x1080=818
    FadeToAlpha=192
    Fades=1
    RestoreWidth2560x1080=372
    BGTint.red=255
    RestoreXPos2560x1080=990
    BGType=1
    YPos2560x1080=818
    XPos2560x1080=991
    BGTint.blue=255
    Delay=2000
    RestoreHeight2560x1080=82
    BGTint.green=255
    Show=1
    XPos1920x1080=991
    YPos1920x1080=818
    Width1920x1080=372
    Height1920x1080=82
    RestoreXPos1920x1080=990
    RestoreYPos1920x1080=818
    RestoreWidth1920x1080=372
    RestoreHeight1920x1080=82
    ChiiChii and Rhythar like this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Wonder if this is related to the hotbars closing/repositioning themselves?
  9. tUVDALLE New Member

I have a friend who lost her spell bar and cant get it back and alt S , options or window selector buttons to toggle the spell bar doesnt work for either one of us. I was hoping this would of been addressed in a patch this morning but i see that didnt happen. Going on a week now, whys it so hard to get a fix in there? Changing the UI ini to show 1 didnt work either. Frustrating to say the least
  10. Vexxet New Member

This fixed my problem. Thank you.
    ChiiChii likes this.
  11. Meeko Developer(Code)

This issue has been Fixed Internally, but will require a patch in order to go live. Until then, the workaround above of editing your .ini file should work to get it back if you accidentally close it. This same issue also affects the Player Information window (ALT+Y). If you happen to notice any other windows where the keybind no longer works, please let us know.

Thanks for the report.
    Duck_Williams and Kendeth like this.
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I sense players being upset with player window and other ui pieces being patched next patch .
  13. tUVDALLE New Member

yah, and where is that patch? Figured it'd be today but nooooo
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

probably the 18th.
  15. ChiiChii Augur

With this change, this appears to impact Tell Windows where I cannot right-click to open a context menu within one of the tabs. Can someone else confirm this please?
  16. ChiiChii Augur

With this change, it appears to impact context menus within all chat windows. Please confirm the fix for the hotbars has been tested against and verified its function does not break the ability to open the context menus.
  17. Lilanie of Povar New Member

Since the last patch my player information window has gone missing. Alt-Y does nothing to return it. Clicking the button in the character window (EQ button) does nothing to return it. I looked under all my other windows and its not there. I validated game assets and it did not return. I bug reported it and nothing has happened and I've received no answer. I asked in guild and others report that their window is either missing OR that Alt-Y wont work at all! I am NOT running a custom UI.
    In the old days, Id delete my WTF file and things would usually get fixed upon repatching and validating game assets. Cant find that file anymore.
    Please FIX THIS!
    Update: I CAN duplicate this. With help, I actually figured out how to get my window back. As soon as I zoned out of the 23rd Anniversary Raid Instance, my player information window was gone again. Found the bug, please fix it.
  18. Barton The Mischievous

From this thread
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/spell-gem-window.282356/