Why is Vaniki Content-Locked at GoD?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wurl, May 4, 2022.

1. Wurl New Member

I don't understand why Vaniki is content locked at GoD for the first 6 weeks. Most people quit TLPs by PoP, so why is Vaniki not content locked at PoP or Luclin or even Velious? It seems like those expansions have the content that people want to see. A more focused content-lock could have lead to more interesting and varied challenges IMO. I predict Vaniki won't be successful primarily for this reason. I would have happily tried Vaniki if it was content locked at an earlier expansion.

Instead, I plan to play on Yelinak; it's been 2 years since a new standard-ruleset TLP so I'll be able to have fun with this even if it's a bit lackluster. It's a real room-temperature TLP launch season for me personally.
  2. Shakara Augur

well for one its not locked so....
    Svann2 likes this.
  3. Santified Lorekeeper

if you read his whole thing you would see for first 6 weeks.

The entire thing of Vaniki is level locked server 10 levels below content of its era. It is not meant to be a server like others. Why GoD is so many people keep asking for a server where Berserkers start out. Im betting this is one reason. Starting Velious or Luclin would make little sense for the purpose of server which is to battle high level content at lower levels. A PoP locked server already there so why would they do another. Content locking earlier content would make it impossible to complete. We will need whatever gear we can get from later expansions in order to defeat bosses mainly 4 expansions ahead. It is a level locked server. Lvl 60 was up to Luclin making a Velious start would completely negate the point. PoP also since GoD is level 65. So being a "Level Locked" server they could not have started velious or PoP. So GoD best possible choice. It was either start at Luclin or start at GoD.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's a "GoD-Start" server - which means you can play ALL classes from the launch day of the server

it is also a
    "Level Locked" Server, so you cannot hit the level 65 max for GoD right away, you are purposely locked at stages of lower levels in order to have teh opportunity to tackle raid events at a lower level than they were originally designed for to increase the difficulty involved in beating them.

and also
    "era unlocked"

so it does not unlock one expansion at a time, it unlocks all of the expansion for each level, so it unlocks all of teh level 65 expansions together, all of the level 70 expansions at the same time (within an hour of each other to prevent anticipated problems &.or weird unanticipated issues)