That's the best you can do?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Karrbon_175, May 3, 2022.

1. Karrbon_175 New Member

I'll fully admit that upon reading the initial rulesets for this years TLP's I was underwhelmed. I didn't think it could be any more underwhelming to be honest. Yet here we are. The rewards for Vaniki seem overly lackluster. Yelinak is just a new server. I don't really see the appeal.
    Skuz, Brontus and Agentbuckwald like this.
  2. Hirbow Augur

You should be grateful that we have one more year of TLP's? You have four different rule servers , Boxing / Pop Locked / Freetrade-random loot / Standard . If you're not happy with a brand new server, I don't think any rule set will make you happy. Maybe its time for you to move on find another game that will fill your void.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  3. rangerous Elder

The vaniki rewards are not very good but that server ruleset seemed too much anyhow.

Both servers were in a better place on the first announcement and worse off after the updated FAQ.
    Chikkin and Thatoneguy666 like this.
  4. Pappasalt Augur

While I appreciate their efforts recently and the slower pace of Vaniki that they changed along with the double loot. I still really don't understand that server at all. You have the speed of Selo, no xp increase even though it's faster overall than normal servers, then you have this 10 level down gimmick that makes zero sense to me when you have to change half the game to even make it feasible. Just seems like a waste of resources, could have just done a level locked server that was sped up and the few hundred of people that play that far in EQ probably would have been happy.
    Karrbon_175 likes this.
  5. Goratoar Elder

My only issue with the Vaniki unlocks is that it is stated they can only be claimed once per account. Stat food and drink, the raid currency, etc. should all be claimable on every character to give you a leg up on future progression servers, with only one use it's just going to sit there waiting for the perfect time to use it, which will never come.
    Stymie and Karrbon_175 like this.
  6. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Somebody! Quick! Get a tiny violin .gif for and some cheese for this whine!
  7. Karrbon_175 New Member

That's exactly my plan for this year. As stated I don't see the appeal.
  8. Vicious EQ Elder

Daybreak just needs to hire a few TLP players to consult on the annual TLPs if they want door buster rulesets.

What a mess...
  9. Karrbon_175 New Member

This would undoubtedly help. They could also have a few features in mind and put up a series of polls to decide on the final server ruleset.
  10. Slaytanik Elder

So what ruleset would you pick then that hasn't already been done?
  11. Moforyguy Elder

Kunark start/Focus Effects, But classic start is 2 months more money so...
  12. Rcbauer Augur

And race change potions.

14 weeks of kunark/classic would be good.
  13. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Alot of dev time was already spent brainstorming these rewards. Let's move on.
  14. Agentbuckwald New Member

After first reading about Vaniki, my first thought was that one of the rewards would be an account-wide title or some variation thereof. That is something that should be easy to implement that people can get excited about. The illusions are neat, but my overall anticipation went down after the FAQ.
    Karrbon_175 likes this.
  15. Rcbauer Augur

Keep playing on mischief then.
  16. Karrbon_175 New Member

I'm not currently playing on any server.
  17. Rcbauer Augur

Then i guess it's a you thing if you can't find a server that meets your needs.
  18. Karrbon_175 New Member

It's not just me. Now if you don't mind could you troll elsewhere. This was a big boy discussion little fella.
  19. Haak Augur

To be fair, Rc has a point. If you can't find something to enjoy in a fresh 'standard' TLP, a unique challenge ruleset TLP, an adolescent special loot ruleset TLP, a PoP-locked server, a free trade with boosted xp server, live servers, etc. then you're going to be incredibly hard to please, and probably have met your limit with EverQuest. There has never been a greater diversity in ways to enjoy this game than right now, with flavors for every type of player.
    Chikkin and Skuz like this.
  20. Karrbon_175 New Member

To be fair you are both deviating far from the original point which still stands. Vaniki is lackluster and Yelinak is a plain Jane new server. If I'm going to beat my head against the wall that is Vaniki at least make the rewards worth while. Have a nice day.
    Go Take A Nap likes this.