Fixed 2 step authentication bugged

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Elthorien, May 3, 2022.

1. Elthorien Elder

got booted from game
    got msg about unusual activity, that 2 step authentication is required
    attempted to complete
    got msg We are unable to update your security settings. Please try again later.
    follow up forum search shows several others have had the issue
    one reports unable to complete 2 step authentication for over a week
    Barton, Loup Garou, Fayi and 8 others like this.
  2. Elthorien Elder

i guess i should have explained what i was doing in game when this happened
    -someone asked the price of krono
    -wanting to be a annoying and list the actual price from the DB store, so went about process of looking up the prices for more then one
    -i clicked on the DB button, typed in krono in the search, clicked on BUY
    -get the standard msg about opening a new window to the website

BAM

booted, and get msg upon trying to log back in about "unusual activity" and need to do 2 part authentication

at which point i attempted to set up the 2 part authentication
    total failure
    get msg "We are unable to update your security settings. Please try again later."
  3. venmar New Member

I was returning to blightfire moors after upgrading to a all access mercenary when I got booted, nearest thing to suspicious activity I can think of was being given plat by a guild officer when I joined the guild as a welcome to the game gift but that was days before I got locked out bu 2-step required
  4. Slasher Augur

It's stupid. What if you dont own a cell phone ? Yes some people do not own cell phones.
  5. Elthorien Elder

i have a cell phone
    i have "tried again later" several times
    punch in the code i get sent
    keep getting the same msg "We are unable to update your security settings. Please try again later."
  6. Doomrage New Member

I was attempting to buy DB cash and it asked for two step verification, and here we are with the same issue that is listed above. Started last Tuesday and CSR tickets have resulted in an apology and that's about it. I'm paying for all-access, so if I can't access the account I should be given some kind of free time or refund right?
  7. Elthorien Elder

yea, i will probably cancel my accts till they decide to fix it,
    i wont pay for a service i can not access thru no fault of my own
    ChiiChii likes this.
  8. Shaere New Member

Started with the "Use credit card on file" being "greyed" out in the DB store window.

Yeah this happened to me on one account, then a second, then a third after I checked it (even though it had a lvl 1 toon and had logged in twice the past 2 months)

After a few hours the 3rd and 2nd allowed me to log back in, but not the initial one.

Since Saturday evening.

Seems to be an issue with the store and payments.
  9. ChiiChii Augur

1000%
  10. Fayi New Member

I get this issue last sunday

"We are unable to update your security settings. Please try again later"
    Man , I try 30-50 times already.

Btw I create a CSR ticket
    so far , I didnt get any reply

so , i do same thing
    cancel all of my account till they fix my issue.
  11. Shaere New Member

Natalia F.
    Today at 13:48
    *This is a mass message intended for any users that may have experienced an error adding 2 factor their account.

Thank you for waiting on me to get back to you. I appreciate it. Also, we apologize for the wait. We have had a surge of contacts and we are doing the best we can within the scope of our current resources to reply as fast as we can. We apologize for the extended wait and thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this time.

In regards to the issue at hand, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I have made sure to send this issue to our Platform Engineers for further investigation and we will respond to you as soon as we possibly can. Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation with this matter.

Regards,
    Natalia F.
    Senior International Customer Support
  12. Shaere New Member

just solved it.
  13. Loup Garou De loop de loop

What is solved?

You mean you got a response?

The response does not indicate anything is solved, in fact Natalia "will be sure to send it to someone else" ??
    Svann2 likes this.
  14. Elthorien Elder

got an email response
    stated was fixed to try again on the 2 factor
    so far it works
    i am back in game
  15. Ratalthor Developer

If anybody is still having issues, please put in a petition with CS. Thanks!