Karana Festival Observation

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Paladin, May 2, 2022.

1. Paladin Augur

The Jaggedpine quests are clearly overpowered.

The Elemental one is tolerable, but the Storm Lord one is a bit ridiculous, tbh.

The Stat drink reward is clearly newb Stat food (it does not compare to the Stomples Quests or Player Made). The Drink stats suggest that this was intended to be doable by lower level groups. No way that is going to happen, except in raid format.

Also, since you very much need a group to kill the Grey / Light Green Con Storm Lords (that have raid level HP and hot 50K). The group does get credit for the kills, but the group does NOT get credit for the clicks!

This means you have to farm a set of drops (5 of each of 4 drops, or 20 items), so each group member can get the credit for the clicks!

This means killing in excess of 100 Sirocco to do this (the drops are random, so this actually means way more than 100 kills).

Even worse? The Sirocco also have raid level HP and can hit 40-50K.

The PoK Quests involve ZERO kills, and give you a Familiar Award.

The Jaggedpine Quests give you NADA!

Why not give us an Illusion to match the Familiar t least?

Fix the click credit to the whole group and this becomes way, way more tolerable and acceptable.
    Hobitses, Abbydog, Warpeace and 8 others like this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

50k really isn't a whole lot nowadays, but it is indeed silly to have level 90 mobs hitting for 110-115 quality.
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Tadenea Augur

I agree, would have been better if that 1 quest if not both from Jaggedpine forest were shared tasks
    Killing grey cons solo with merc I ended up with 8 extra pieces do to randomness of the drops. It is nice at least they are root/snareable and do not summon at least

side note the very fast respawn timer is a plus

risk vs reward is not great considering how hard they are
    Hobitses likes this.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

50k isnt alot? let me guess your raid geared? either that or your main tank is a mage pet.
  5. daBlubb Elder

Felled by the rain:
    Something feels wrong with the quest.
    It should eighter be a group quest or the combined stone (Virgae Summoning Stone) should have 5 charges.
    As a raidgeared tank i have no problems to kill em, but standig in one spot and killing the same mob over and over till 6 people get enough items for the combines is at least the opposite of fun.
    Paladin likes this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

I have to agree, this is rather dumb killing these sirocco over and over for all these drops and then to have to do it again for every group member?

Huge time sink that lacks justification considering the reward.
    Hobitses, Fenthen and Paladin like this.
  7. Atlans Lorekeeper

Looks like the Achievements for doing these quests isn't active either....
    EDIT - it is active under Holiday tab...Tempest Festival: Reign of Rain
    Thanks Warpeace.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Look under Events > Holiday
  9. Atlans Lorekeeper

Thanks Warpeace. I had looked under the various sections but missed it under Holiday somehow. My eyes were probably tired killing all those sirrocos......deleting original post
  10. Warpeace Augur

All good, your post showed me there was a collection one for this.../sigh
  11. Cadira Augur

Idk anything about these quests but 50k is a pretty normal hit for ToL t2 mobs at least.

If lvl 90s are getting hit for 50k that's def a problem though.
    Fenthen and Paladin like this.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

It does also grant pet illusion when you target the (own) pet which is way better than a lame familiar. For just running around 10 minutes this a nice quest / toy, doable and useable from level 55 (zone access).
  13. Paladin Augur

/sigh

When you have 2 hitting you, 100K can be. And, yes I am raid geared. It can be done (yes I did it).

But if you aren't raid geared... aren't Level 120... in this open world low level zone... for a low level equivalent Stat Drink reward and nothing more... my point is made.

On top of all that? They are no XP.
    Hobitses likes this.
  14. Nomeregard hammackj

The jagged pine quests are way over tuned. The quest seems to be a level 90/95 quest but my 90 monk was 1 shot and my 120 necro pet was getting beat faster than 120 mobs in TOL. They need to be reworked.
    Hobitses and Paladin like this.
  15. Toukan Augur

Insane time sink, anyone doing pick up groups and randoming on this stuff ....just wow.
    And boxing a group...trying to finish on everyone...that's a LOT of sirocco's
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

So the reward isnt better than the cooler drink and nothing else whats the point of doing stuff like this? They need to add better rewards most arent going to waste there time for nothing.
    Hobitses and Fenthen like this.
  17. Iven the Lunatic

5 achievement points are reward enough. :p
    Tatanka likes this.
  18. Riou EQResource

These are available for TLP's in House of Thule+ expansions, good luck killing like 20+ of these per person, in that gear
    Warpeace likes this.
  19. Abbydog Journeyman

This is the WORST quest I have ever seen in EQ for all the reasons OP stated. The dev who created this steaming pile of Kobold dung should be ashamed of themselves along with whoever in QA signed off on this travesty.
  20. Febb Augur

What a drama queen. They're not that bad.
    Hobitses and Nennius like this.