Any announcement / info on the Tempest Festival event?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ashigaru, May 2, 2022.

1. Ashigaru Augur

Wasn't sure if I'd missing anything, or its been on a forum / medium that I don't look at. Anyone know anything apart from what's mentioned in the roadmap?
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There was a little pop up and its listed under your /ach and Allah has walk thru - EQ resource does not yet unless your prem
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Has it actually gone live yet?

I wasn't expecting anything until after the anniversary events finished on 11th May.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It is live.

Ralph in Jagged pine has 2 quests:
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=57567

lvl 95ish stat food/drink

Rosalind in PoK has 2 quests:
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=57562
    plat, minor XP, and the PoStorms quest gives an Air Ele Familiar/pet illusion (no stats)

Achievement is listed under Events => "Holidays" (though it would make more sense under "Seasonal?")
    Just gives some AA and 10 AP.

Edit:
    Here's the Elemental Illusion/Familiar:
    [IMG]
  5. Accendo Guest

6. Goratoar Elder

Based on the food/drink from previous events (Christmas, Halloween), I'm wondering if something went wrong in itemization here. The food and drink for killing a large amount of ToL scaled mobs (which are still level 90 somehow) is level 90 scaled food/drink. The familiar illusion is the only item that comes out of this, with no stats and is achieved by clicking on four mobs in Storms, vs the grind of the Jaggedpine quests.
    Vekaras and Fenthen like this.
  7. Bardy McFly Augur

Thanks for putting this quick guide together. The illusion is really cool!
  8. Jedis Arch Mage

Hey there! Any chance you could post which servers get these events going forward? We have so many different ruleset servers now, it's hard to know which servers get which events.

Something like:

Available on all live servers, Test server, and all servers that have unlocked Secrets of Faydwer+.
    Herf and Jonk like this.
  9. Herf Augur

So, nothing for Agnarr?
  10. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

The amount of work for Felled by the Rain is ...absurd for such a weak payoff. Its a solid 2 hours of killing for ONE person to get enough to summon the vigrae, and while everyone in the group gets credit for kills, they DONT get credit for summons. (So you still have to kill ~25 mobs PER PERSON just to have enough to do the summons) -These mobs grant no xp at 120, hit like CoV mobs or worse, have as much HP as ToL mobs. (I've seen raid geared Moloing toons get laid out by these) and then lets talk about the Vigrae themselves who come in pairs, hit half again as hard.

And the reward?

Uh. What? WHY? WHY?

and lets talk about Here Comes the Rain....
    about 2 hours of running between zones. (If you're lucky enough to have access to a porter and a GGH that has a lot of city-teleport clickies its somewhat better)

The Time investment for these quests is totally out of line with the reward.
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Agnarr is a server explicitly made for not getting new content :)
    Bobbybick likes this.
  12. Nomeregard hammackj

These quests need a rework, they are not balanced. They hit harder than they should, the 2 in JPF should be shared tasks.
    Fenthen and Ibadan Kun'Tirel like this.