Armor dye available in classic please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, May 2, 2022.

1. Thash Zoner

Maybe it's a bug affecting your 22 year old character, I don't know. It's worked perfectly for all of my characters exactly as stated, and similarly, I've felt the need to post against perceived misinformation that may affect other players. No harm done.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Or maybe the fact that you can't remove the dye at all is the problem and a fix would be to update the system to allow that. We shouldn't be dependent on a work around that people have to figure out from other people in the first place.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  3. GNOME_POWER Augur

We can color the Fine steel armor...
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

OK, so make it available <and> fix
    OK, so make it available as QoL for all <AND> make the changes removable. it's only a top layer skin over. there should be a reset to default.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Ummm yeah? Like that's why it's a joke?

and you raid with that brain?

/snicker
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, I never said anything about it being made available earlier just was agreeing with someone that pointed out it has downsides.

It is a joke that people take way to seriously and try to suggest not doing something instead of fixing an issue. We should be looking to fix things not tell people to not do something.
  7. The_Grim_Ogre New Member

Oh yes please, because hot pink Ogres never get old...
  8. Zinkeh Augur

This is a great idea. There are so many cool features in later eq expansions that never get enjoyed on TLP's or at the most, for a few months. Let's face it: most TLP's fizzle shortly after PoP or Ldon. Armor dyes are just another find example of a fun thing that really should be in a TLP at launch.

Great idea!
  9. Sepulchre New Member

I agree, this should be on day one on any TLP. And on that note, I personally would love the EQ2 system where you have "appearance slots" where you can supersede the look of your weapon or armor with an item that you have. Simply adore the look of weapon x or epic y, you can "wield" it with pride forever instead of having to hang it up because it's obsolete. I personally adored that option in EQ2. Years into many TLP iterations, it's time for some progressiveness on progression servers ;)
  10. Vlahkmaak Augur

I like my orange storm trooper armor!
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It has been a long time since I used armor dye and not heroes forge so I can't remember specific examples, just that in the past I had trouble with some sets of armor after I used the dye.