Armor dye available in classic please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, May 2, 2022.

1. Rcbauer Augur

thank you
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Armor dye came out in 2006 but aside from that why would you ever want to?

Since you can never get back your original color. You can dye back to basic flat but it will not have the tint to it your current color does.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  3. Rcbauer Augur

then don't use the dye
  4. Triconix Augur

Because why would I want to look like a rainbow-colored hobo?
    Catalina likes this.
  5. Thash Zoner

You absolutely can, I do it all the time.

When you select the blank (white) color, it sets the RGB sliders to only 240. At that point, move them manually all the way up to 255 and save it. This returns the armor to the original color.

Just double checked, to be sure.

In early eq it's kind of cool that you can tell what armor people are wearing. Once dyes come out, oh well, might as well get with the times and be fashionable.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, it will be the original color but it does not have the tint like your original does. Your dying the slot not the armor.

My post is just a heads up - take it or leave it

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...w-do-i-remove-dye-from-my-armor-slots.230337/
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  7. Thash Zoner

For any practical purpose, it does remove the dye from the slot. My current armor reverts to original color, and equipping another piece shows its original, different color.

What is the distinction?

Just make sure to put all 3 sliders all the way up to 255
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And if you read the thread that was linked it doesn't always work out that way.
  9. Thash Zoner

You guys could log in and check this, like I did.

Anyway, I'm neutral on the idea of dyes in classic. Just wanted to point out they're more user friendly than some people want you to believe.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And as the thread I mentioned states it works from somethings but others still have issues with it. No one is stating that it doesn't work at all just that it doesn't work in every case for every person. As for logging in and checking I know that in the past I had some armor sets that looked okay with that fix and others that did not.
  11. Triconix Augur

I don't know how dye functionality relates to the request in the thread. It's off topic.

What it boils down to: Is dye considered an LOY-exclusive functionality or a general UI/QOL/Feature that should come standard with the entire game and retro-added into classic?
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Knowing how die works in the fact that you can't remove it could impact someone's desire to use the feature or not. I am not sure how widely know it is that you can't remove it.
  13. Triconix Augur

Why does someone's desire to use the feature matter? Again, the request is to retro-add it to classic instead of waiting until LOY.

The feature already exists on TLP after a certain length of time. OP is asking to make it available from the get go. I don't see how someone's desire on whether or not to use it pertains to OP's request. If you don't know how to use it, how it functions, or whatever, then just don't use it. Why should that matter on the availability of the feature? Whether it's release in classic or LOY, there will still be people who don't know how it functions
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said anything for or against when this feature is added just that removing dye once it is applied is impossible and the "fix" that was suggested doesn't always work. When talking about a feature I think it is also important to list the drawbacks of that feature.
    Triconix likes this.
  15. Triconix Augur

so we agree :)

The conversation on the functionality of the dye and whether people understand that functionality is off topic. At the end of the day the real question is if DPG believes dye is a focal point of LOY or if it's a general feature in game like xTar, maps, hott, etc.
  16. Thash Zoner

I like dyes right where they are. In early eras, there's prestige in showing off your cobalt, insidious, whatever. By the time LoY comes around, everyone's bazaar geared, the item pool is flooded, and there's no reason not to dye then.

But I'd accept either way tbh.

My advice, though, is that anyone who believes dye cannot be removed, and are warning others not to use them, because they read a thread from 4 years ago full of probable user error, should just give it a shot.
  17. Triconix Augur

And that's the beauty of dye. You can simply choose not to dye your armor and more than likely people will notice you didn't, especially in eras like Luclin where you'll run around with non-set armor. You can still run around with your red pants and light blue breastplate and look like a giant Pepsi can.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

I told the doctor: "My arm hurts when I move it like this."
    The doctor said: "Then don't move it like that."
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

One of the most overused jokes out there. Any decent doctor will not say something like that as the pain is a sign of something wrong and shouldn't just be ignored.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You do not know me but I do not post a fact unless I have done it. I dyed my armor in 2000 and have been stuck with the purple tint even after using the un-dye process.

If you would like a more recent link
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/pristmatic-dye-and-tints.274155/

I apologize if I came across as gruff but I just spent an hour making a boatload of more prismatic dyes to sell in baz and that is very tedious. They sell like hot cakes. To dye armor? Or to remove dye? I have no idea what the buyers are using them for but more power to them.

And what is wrong with offering up a warning about something that most players would appreciate having a heads up on. Sheesh