Something for Jennifer Chan to please consider

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cronar, May 2, 2022.

1. Cronar Elder

Start a mischief rules set server for live play in the subscription required format.

Based on how popular fv has always been with how popular mischief has become, it makes sense.
    Brand new live server, no tle rules, just mischief random loot/most items tradeable.
    Let people box to their hearts content.
    No transfers in or out.

You think that tle servers generate buzz and income? This would be the biggest thing in 20+ years.

Things are getting stale and some fresh ideas would help to get things going.

Other items for consideration:
    -Eq2 style broker system. Find a way to cut and paste it in some form into eq1.
    -Eq2 style housing system. Neighborhoods are meh. Eq2 housing is simple and highly functionable.
    -Any race any class event server. Use it to find out the feasibility of making this a function for a future tle server or live server.
    -team pvp server. As ugly as it was, sullon zek generated an incredible amount of buzz.
    -fresh idea on mercs. Add an enchanter merc. Add bard merc. Perhaps a feature to sell with an expansion would be the ability to have 2 or 3 mercs up.

Beyond that, it is beyond time for the studio to develop another 1 to level cap expansion.
    Come September will mark 16 years since the last one.
    New race (ratonga, sarnak, arasai, fae, freeblood, aerykyn)
    New classes Channeler and perhaps hybrids of current classes

We love the game. We want it to succeed. Shaking the status quo up and bring some fresh aspects to the game could and would see it sail well into the 30+ year range.
    Keeping things as is and not bringing anything new into the game won't help nor bring revenue in.

Thank you for your time. If i had a dump truck full of money, i would dump the money at your door to help.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are you considering it popular based on the server population alone? Have you considered that there are 3 free trade servers and 30 no free trade servers? Adding more free trade servers could end up just splitting the population and lowering the server population of each server, don't forget that the 3rd free trade server is not hitting a high population like the other two are.
  3. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Oh god these thread types are going to start infecting the veterans lounge too?
    Andarriel, Celephane, Smokezz and 6 others like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Go back to EQ2, ain't no TLE servers here. We don't want their systems or their races we have our own!

We don't need another live server, just leave Mischief as is once it catches up to live. If its that great it will catch up to live with a full server right?
    Celephane and Timmyboi like this.
  5. Arkanny Augur

i wouldnt mind EQ2 housing and tradeskills to be honest, they're the only redeeming traits on that game as far as i remember.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Never played EQ2, but improved housing would be fun. A portal from a house to a GH would be helpful as would a way to port to a house. Not holding my breath at all on those, but I can hope. As a part sadist and masochist at heart I kind of like the way tradeskills are done now.

I will now duck and wait for the stones to fly. :)
  7. Manafasto Augur

EQ2 wasnt bad but the raid zone were yuck, I only played to the first patch dungeon with the vampires. But it was overall a good game. To bad it did not take off at release.
  8. strongbus Augur

I played eq2 back in the day. A few things I like

1 housing. it was nice everyone started with a basic 1 room place in like a boarding house setup. and you could upgrade to bigger houses. also housing wasn't its own zone as to say. the houses where just random buildings in each city that you clicked on and did a instance.

2 the auction/bazaar setup. it was nice to have a setup to sell/buy stuff without having to have 1 account just to sit in a zone. if i remember right could even buy a item to place in your house to setup and sell stuff from there. and the money would go to your house bank as to say.

3 ts where fun to do in that game unlike eq where its all down rng and 1 click eq2 made you have to hit different keys at the right time.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  9. Lubianx Augur

The only thing I liked about EQ2 at the start was you could kill yourself whilst tradeskilling
    Arkanny likes this.
  10. Cronar Elder

Some nasty attitudes early on in this thread. Shameful that people come to be negative but bring nothing to the table besides their mouths.

The purpose of this thread is to generate some ideas for the eq1 devs to perhaps find a way to make the game better and to bring more interest to it.
    I am not proposing to turn eq1 into eq2, just to take some things from it and integrate them into this game.

The ones that stand out the most are the bazar/broker system, player housing and the lack of new ANYTHING when it comes to classes and races for far too long.

Progression servers have been driven into the ground. The devs know that this is a method to generate revenue and buzz, but they've run out of ideas.

Adopt a couple special rules set normal servers and then instead of doing progressions, do event servers where they run with NEW ideas for a specific amount of time and then dump into other servers at the end of the event.
    The current process of starting new progression servers that eventually become wastelands and after some years are merged into another server is an outdated mode that needs to change.

Eq1 has sat on its collective hands for far too long and needs something to wake it the hell up.

One other thing, on the idea for a new level 1 to max expansion, many years ago i had somewhere in the forums suggested another continent filled with dinosaurs and such. Seems that this was picked up on for eq2, why not do something here on that theme?

Mini max level expansions are boring as hell.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Does EQ2 have yards? From what I remember it was just a click on a door and all you had was an interior. No neighbourhoods. I like EQ1 neighbourhoods.EQ just needs improving so it doesn't lose items....

Bazaar and off line trading I'll admit could use some improving.

Tradeskills I'll take EQ over EQ2 any day of the week.

How can you say that the devs have run out of ideas for TLP servers when last year we had Mischief/Thornblade which was very popular, so much so players are demanding the same thing again this year and Vaniki this year is another completely new idea. (But this is a discussion for TLP forum not here).

As for additional normal servers, the last normal server we had was Vox and that has been stuggling almost since its conception for numbers, live players just don't want to start over again and again like TLP players. Your best chance of getting an event server is having it as a TLP server. (Again discussion needs to be on the TLP forums not here).
  12. Manafasto Augur

I think it is time to drop the non-drop/binding of equipment. It would also be nice since they are going through some growing pains moving to 64 bit to merge these servers. EQ could really benefit from phasing for new/returning players.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

EQ2 doesn't have yards or areas outside of the house just an inside area that you access through a portal of some type. Also need to remember that the EQ2 version of the bazaar system requires the player to have a house and place items in that house. People that want to purchase from them can either do it at certain areas in the game for a fee or visit that players house and buy directly.
  14. kizant Augur

JChan is too busy playing EQ 24 hours a day to read these threads.
  15. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Now I'm imagining JChan hovering over her desk all red-eyed with 3 opened cans of Bangs and a few empty Little Caesar's pizza boxes nearby
  16. Bardy McFly Augur

These three things plus encounter locking generally got rid of KSing and forced a more amicable player base. EQ2 was a great game early on but could really use a revamp of abilities so players don't need 6-8 hotbars just to play effectively nowadays.
  17. Cronar Elder

Wrong. You can sell from anywhere and buy from anywhere as a subscriber, except on progression servers. I just made this video to illustrate.
    https://imgur.com/a/bx8DTv7

Also, not all homes are apartments. Some come with outdoor areas and some are very vertical as well as horizontal.

I have the original starter island as one of my homes.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Okay you can buy and sell anywhere which must have been a change I was not aware of. Is that something only for subscribed users and does it require some sort of special currency do to remote actions like in EQ? Either way I am guessing that they still require you to have a house of some kind in order to sell. Something tells me that buying and selling remotely is not as simple as you make it and you need to buy items with daybreak cash to do it.

As for the houses it doesn't matter if they are an "outside" zone because you still get to them and access them like you would any other housing area and you can't see any of them unless you are able to zone into that persons house.
  19. Cronar Elder

I showed in that video that i circled my housing tab, that character has no house yet.

I think the remote buying and selling is a feature for subscribers. You pay a little extra gold/plat on what you are selling as a broker fee.

Here is a video of one of my houses that is outdoors. You can absolutely visit other players houses if they have set visitor access to the public and have paid their rent.
    I'll take this system over wandering through an ugly neighborhood to find a house any day of the week.

20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am sorry but showing something in a video isn't always the best way to show something. Also not sure why you keep going on about a house being able to have outdoor zones when they are still a separate zone that you have to zone into in order to see.

I never said you can't visit other players houses just that you have to have access to them in order to zone in and see them In EQ you can explore the hosing zone and see what people have done on the outside and that isn't possible in EQ2.
    Yinla likes this.