sooo.. what now?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Creative Sparks, Apr 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigstomp Augur

Don't cheat, and there is no problem at all.
    Nennius, Duder, Wdor and 1 other person like this.
  2. Randel Flag Elder

3. Simaril Apprentice

Hello new member.

1999 actually. I remember the days when time and effort was the only way to advance except for the shady dealers in the Commons Tunnel trying to sell loot for real life cash like a man in a trench-coat. And I remember on the boards how much they were reviled and called cheaters and unfair generally mocked for not playing the game in pure way that it was supposed to be played.. Everquest would never become pay to win they said.

But now, 20+ years later, look where we are. Times change. You can buy gear almost directly. You can buy add-ons for more experience and stuff. Mercs were added (automated play!). Everquest decided to monetize all that stuff. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Everquest in the future finds a way to monetize more automation in the future. There's obviously a demand. You want better mercs, or more merc classes, or too have more mercs in your group, now only an extra 5.99/month!
    Wanano and Fenthen like this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Until then, automation is against the rules and considered cheating.
    Khat_Nip and Wdor like this.
  5. Simaril Apprentice

Yup, but I'm confident the devs can come up with something eventually. There's money to be made there.
    Fenthen and Wanano like this.
  6. Creative Sparks Quiet One

can tell you don't pay attention when reading just glancing over the parts you want to use and cutting and pasting the parts that fit what you want to say in conversation. as already stated the friends that I grouped with for years who play during my game times NO LONGER PLAY , (9pm - 11pm CST on raid days 3 hours raiding 2 free) (6pm - 11pm CST on thur) all i am seeing at this point is people who enjoy being rude even borderline Toxic. don't think your being that way? how come not a SINGLE PERSON even said "hey what server ya on we can group up?" "Come to this server finding normal groups easier." at this point im just going to wait for my Sub to end then move on to another game.
  7. Laronk Augur

The ts stuff is in my bank because there’s a lack of a auction house, bazaar sucks to sell in.
  8. Laronk Augur

If you play on FV i might be interested in trying to setup a regular group. I’ve tried to restart on a non FV server but the grind 85 to 110 is a long grind that is mostly done alone, though maybe instead of solely trying to group with people around my level so I can contribute properly ill try the begging for groups and TA method. I tire of FV.

A couple years ago i did a ranger 1-85 and i actually found a bunch of groups below 50, I was proactive but they really dried up in the 70-85 bit where things slow down.
  9. Prepared Lorekeeper

My creative thinking is that if you can't play the way you want to then move on to another MMO that allows you to play that way.
  10. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Very vaguely. Can you refresh some of our memories please? Thanks in advance.
  11. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

They most certainly are.
  12. Burdi Augur

I suspect some anti cheat members are using chat bot or something.
    They are omnipresent repeating the same litany on all the post here.
    This does not seems to be humanly possible.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Duder Augur

A game is only a game as it is defined by it's own rules. Without enforcement of it's rules, it ceases to be the promised game. Which is fraud. There is nothing wrong with players wanting cheaters to be sought out and punished. You are the problem, not us.

"Trusting that any entity is doing the correct thing without disclosing or discussing it is utter stupidity and nonsense" This I agree with though.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Duder Augur

Who else uses your account then? You didn't get banned for clicking a "bad" krono. Someone was cheating on your account.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

I've been been a bit loud on the forums. But I've never been banned. It's really easy, just don't cheat.
    Khat_Nip and Verily Tjark like this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

That sounds to me like if 'I can't cheat I'll stop playing'.
    That sounds good to me.
    Khat_Nip and Nennius like this.
  17. Bardy McFly Augur

[IMG]

Calling it fraud is a bit of a stretch lol.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

Really? When I log into my bazaar trader I generally have to look around to find an empty spot to stand him in.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  19. Flatchy Court Jester

It may not be so crowded if the jack holes would not think they had to sit on their mounts and have pets and familiars out. OMG LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME! :p
    Warpeace likes this.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Its still better than a rogue trader being in stealth mode, so that you can't target it all, and is forced to pay parcel-tax. :mad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.