Box friendly improvement

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Laronk Augur

I’d be ok with no chest and no currency
  2. Laronk Augur

Solo quests could be better if everyone in the group got updates when one person loots or picks up the item. The most tedious part of solo quests is handling the loot and umm when you get 6x spawns =-)
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Half of what you are asking for would make it extremely boring to play a single char. When I box half the fun is tabbing back and forth.

Melody for casters, then what do they do? It's bad enough waiting on global cool down.
    Ozon likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Agreed.
  5. Burdi Augur

That would be cool if the group leader could set a formation like in Baldur gate or Shadowbane.
    1 or two column, triangle, …
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

If you cant fix /follow at least make it so the guy being followed gets a message "Flatchismo was distracted by a squirrel and wanders off" So I dont get across the zone to notice That other idiot troll standing 5 foot from the entrance.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

You have an extremely strange idea of "fun".
    Fenthen and Metanis like this.
  8. Bernel Augur

This would be great. Flatchismo's client could actually do it. It could send a tell to the person it was following saying it got lost. What I've been doing recently is having the map window up and keeping an eye on the group to make sure it's all in one big clump.
  9. Cronar Elder

All sorts of great ideas and worthwhile for a dev response.

Beyond that the devs could look into retuning the game so that a single player doesn't need to carry more than one character at a time to play the game with any sort of success.
  10. Tucoh Augur

I used to have a GINA trigger that alerted me when follow broke. It got to be annoying and now I do the same thing as you, one eye on the map window whenever I'm moving.
    Metanis likes this.
  11. The real Sandaormo Augur

Please hand out everything on easy mode to people. I could care less if your 3rd alt gets loot but if it will shut people up please give it to them. Fix /follow so they can run their stupid alts easier, double the macro key lines and even let them loop them for all I care. Let hot keys magically flow through to other toons somehow. Anything to make it easier so we don't have to listen to these people. Please dumb it down even further. After 23 years people still need the help.

Maybe this would cut down on cheaters but I doubt it.

Fire up the hate tells, lets do this.
    Metanis likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What can I say its a challenge and challengers can be fun. :) I've never been interested in the pay to win method of having a program do the work for me.

The only thing I'd like to see improved would be auto follow, though I have in the past used that to my advantage and had rogue running in circles while the wizzy nukes the crap out of everything that agros.
  13. Metanis Bad Company

I know your post was meant as sarcasm... but...

I'm 67 years old. I still love to play but I'm physically running out of stamina to do it. I am very positive that the average age of the average Everquest player has creeped up probably close to, if not over, 50. I don't want EZ mode but it wouldn't hurt them to think about Quality of Life issues.

And one of the biggest things is that we don't have 20 hours a day to play. The time sink element of the game has to be reduced. The Random Number Generator will always kick us in the &$$, but it wouldn't hurt them in the least to review the time vs. reward ratio.

And my second hot button issue is just the raw number of button pushes and mouse clicks a "good" player needs to make. I have all 11 hotbars filled with items and macros and during an average raid I make use of about 40 separate spells/AA/item clicks etc. plus keeping track of numerous GINA messages and cooldown bars. It's nice to have the feeling I'm putting forth a good amount of effort, but again, it wouldn't hurt them to think about consolidation and reduction so that it only takes maybe 30 actions to be "good".

I'm not trying to get in your face buddy, just bouncing off your sarcasm a bit to make my own point! :)
    Fenthen, Flatchy, Burdi and 2 others like this.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

When I started 3-boxing full time a few years ago, it took me about a day to learn my lesson with autofollow and ALWAYS have the map up on the "driver" toon. :D
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  15. uberkingkong Augur

Yep I do the same.
    What's really frustrating is going up ramps and it really messes up /follow, so if there is a cliff. Someone falls, I usually have a mage to coth them, or I just run the mage to the spot and coth. If there is no mage then /follow is even more important.

One other thing is, fall death.
    It needs to be consistent. Either fall damage happens or fully get rid of it. I hate taking chances. I'm not sure what causes fall damage to happen is it if that box is lagged and lag death?

Either have fall damage or don't, stupid RNG.

Recap (bugs, doesn't work properly), at CPU 60,
    1. ramps really mess up /follow.
    2. Going around tight corners really messes up /follow.
    3. Fall death still happens, not sure if they got rid of this but it happens.
    (I had fall death from Tainted Karana, the area your suppose to teleport to the middle... Nope fall death).

Please implement a /follow slider (make it macroable, so I can hotkey this)
    Follow closely (hopefully makes tight corners/ramps not mess up /follow),
    Follow from more of a distance (ranger box follows and is aimed at the mobs and far enough to /autofire)

If you want to impress your developer friends, make the follow from a distance slider, so the box backs up when set to farther distance to follow.
    So I can
    /pause 40, /follow 200,(basically means far enough to /autofire
    (character backs up)
    /autofire off
    /autofire on

time to move again
    /follow 1 (basically be holding my hands, grabbing my shoulder while following)
  16. Cicelee Augur

You will never shut up complainers. You give them something, they will complain about something else. Complainers are only happy when there is something to complain about, and they will go out of their way to find things if their current existence in game is "perfect".

I just think there is a lot of people who forget that they are not in charge. Devs are, devs and their board of directors are in control and in charge.

I would rather see the complainers just leave instead of catering to their every whim and desire. If that means a quarter of the players are gone, then a quarter of the players are gone. And what you are left is a bunch of happy players who love playing EQ and grouping up and doing stuff together and having fun in a MMO, instead of trying to turn this game into Baldurs Gate.
    Captain Video and Benito like this.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am guessing the Pantheon MMO and Ashes of Creation theorycrafting squads are returning to EQ.

Good - EQ gets customers and population.

Bad - Social engineering for a different type of MMO playstyle is foisted upon the silent, veteran majority.

There are fair requests such as improved /follow. But pushing to turn EQ into a easy-mode solo player game is concerning.
  18. Bernel Augur

Double clicking a character in the group window brings that client to the front (assuming it's one of your boxed characters on the same system).
  19. Bardy McFly Augur

Funny enough I discovered long ago that (unless they've changed it) fall damage was strictly how long the client (not server!) thought you were in the air. I found this out because screenshots used to not be such an instantaneous thing and would take a brief moment to save to disk. I wanted to get some jumping screenshots so I went on top of a fairly insignificant wall only about a person's height tall and jumped off. I kept hammering the screenshot button which kept me effectively in the air as far as my computer knew it and like 10-15 screenshots later I landed and was immediately dead.
    Nennius and Metanis like this.
  20. Simaril Apprentice

Please hand out everything on easy mode to people. I could care less if your 3rd alt gets loot but if it will shut people up...

You mean easy mode like buying some kronos, and just paying to have your character upgraded with no effort or time at all? Doesn't sound much easier than that Sand...Fighting against an interface that doesn't really support boxing just isn't fun, I'd just like some quality of life improvements.