risky rat rescue

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by magman, May 1, 2022.

1. magman New Member

is it just me or is this abit over tuned here , not fun for an anniversary mission
  2. MacDubh TABLES!!!

At 120 with a full group it seems tuned correctly to justify the rewards you get. The first mission is easy mode so it is nice to see some difficulty scaling in the 3 anniversary quests imo.
    Wdor likes this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Tough the first time if you are duoing, but Im sure you can figure out some tricks to get it done.
  4. Riou EQResource

Think it was actually tuned down a little from its first Test form, but yea that one and the Whispers one are significantly harder then the 1st
  5. Bigstomp Augur

If you have a chanter or maybe a bard to mez or some way to split them it's very trivial.
    The creatures do hit pretty hard if you end up having to tank them all at once.
  6. FyrasDrinal Journeyman

or any aoe root punt works too
  7. Jyve Augur

Aye, certainly a bit of a shock to get so quickly jumped by the rats after the 1st mission ends up being so simple.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

I box it myself with 3 toons and 3 mercs. I use no CC expect for my SK who pulls all the rats and does them singly. The first 4 rats are pulled with the old pull macro /Hates attraction, / Deaths effigy / stand ,
    That gets them all 4 to you one at a time easy peasy. Do the same to the next bunch of 2 rats.

The last bunch of 5 rats is the worse. At first I though it was impossible because I could not use my single pull , because the Devs made the rats stop low on the rise. When I got close enough to target them they seen me and all came a running. The dumb troll learned soon enough to use bobbing corpse ( yeah I hate playing while levitating) and the walls to beat the devs tricksy plan. Now all 5 of them are single pulls too.

The kills themselves are not overhard I did not think. Remember there is more than one way to skin a cat! Hope this helped some.
    Jyve likes this.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

I did this with several different groups. I have a lot of characters. My raid geared SK didn't need to have them CC'd. Then I did the mission with my worst group on my old server so they are pretty neglected. SK was in almost all RoS stuff minus a few Old Seb pieces and I definitely had to only have one mob or she was dead. So in all actuality I think it was tuned fine, or maybe a little undertuned. Like other posters said once you have done it and know the tricks you can get it done. Was fun to have a challenge for my old group. The upgrades they got for the 3 new tasks were awesome. 4 to 6 k on some pieces lol.
    eqgamer likes this.