Overseer improvement

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Apr 30, 2022.

1. uberkingkong Augur

There is suppose to be overseer improvements this year according to the roadmap.

One improvement I'd like to see is an autopopulate button.
    Just give me 5 tasks, don't care what, make sure its using the best agents possible. I press the button, accept, done. No carpal tunnel clicking moving mouse a tad clicking moving mouse a tad clicking move a mouse a tad.

Oh level 5? All this means is more clicking and moving mouse a tad. I'd rather be at level 1.
    Kaenneth, Aenvar, Hobitses and 2 others like this.
  2. Shakara Augur

biggest improvement to overseer would be to delete it
  3. Bernel Augur

I'd like to see an auto-deduplicate button, which automatically does all the associated conversion quests with any duplicate agents.
    Carden, Vumad, Moege and 1 other person like this.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Just give me a new vet reward once a day that summons a collection item claim item.

and add the old LoN art to the loading screens.
    Aenvar likes this.
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Would be for the best, they’ve spent 3-4 years on it and it still doesn’t function properly. Also, it’s a terrible iteration of a mobile game. No strategy, no benefit to additional levels, no reward progression just makes it awful.

Probably causing some lag issues too. Just kill it off finally.
    Joules_Bianchi and Fenthen like this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

I was able to finish off collections in multiple expansions on three different toons without wasting who knows how many hours farming/collecting all of that stuff, or handing over millions of plat to the bot farmers in the bazaar.

I've maxxed out merc AAs on one toon and am just a few away from maxing them out on two others.

With three accounts running lots of Research tasks, I'm able to make stacks and stacks of stat food for all of my toons in just a few days, as opposed to having to spend insane amounts of time farming or insane amounts of plat buying the materials.

I used the Research tasks to farm the materials I need to max out...well...Research. Farming that crap myself would have taken months, maybe years, given the horrible drop rates.

Saying there's no benefit to Overseer is just a bold-faced lie.
    Stymie, Zunnoab, Shanarias and 11 others like this.
  7. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Settle down and read the full line, “no benefit to additional levels.”
    Joules_Bianchi and Kaenneth like this.
  8. Shakara Augur

Overseer has great rewards however the actual system is just hot garbage. I would rather them just do log in rewards where I log into the game and choose 5 "Overseer" rewards from a list. At the end its the same net profit except I don't have to do a bunch of tedious clicking. Overseer is not fun to play and it does not add anything interesting to the game we all just do overseer because its the best use of our time for the rewards.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

Overseer is just one more totally tedious thing you do in the game because you feel obligated to do it. There is absolutely zero challenge once you have a full stable of agents. The interface is not user-friendly at all and if your mouse is a bit too sensitive it'll give you carpal tunnel trying to move around it. There needs to be a spreadsheet layout so you can easily sort the tasks. And there needs to be locally saved settings so if you want to do a specific type of task they could sort to the top. Once your settings are saved it should only take a single click to invoke a new set of tasks.
    rahzel44, Aenvar, Bernel and 2 others like this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

I agree wholeheartedly with almost all of your comment. Sorting tasks by time would be a huge help to me. My only tiny nitpick is that, for me, my obligation derives from my wanting to use it to max out alts. All in all, I'm glad it exists. I just wish it was a bit different in application with much less lag.
  11. uberkingkong Augur

I somewhat agree. Rewards are good but the system is kinda aweful, has no meaning. Just a lot of tedious clicking, kind of wasted lore too. I don't think many people read it and not sure how accurate it is, or if it's just a bunch of baloney.

The LoN card game now that was fun. It didn't even give rewards too but people played it because it was fun.

I think they did catch on with the just give the reward because the 23rd anniversary quest, I believe it gives an item where you just click and poof a free collection item. With that it's random, with Overseer you can pick where the collection is from, so Overseer reward system is better than complete random. But have to click around a lot. Check and see if Success % is good enough too, which means more clicking around.

Less clicks please, Just use the best in slot agent.
    Should be a recommended button which uses the best in slot agent. Then click accept if your happy with the success %.

Overseer is not a complete bust, it could be better. Like say I get max 10 agents. And the nice thing is, I can interact with agents, they come to my house. Maybe having a house is requirement for the Overseer. Be nice if I could give the agents buffs or gear to upgrade them.

Have a like a housing minigame, gotta have beds to make them comfy and ready, higher morale. Have a cooking place and what not. maybe a chef agent.

Theres SOOOO much improvements they could do. Creativity they could do.
    Keyword COULD. But they haven't done much. Except add more clicks.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There is no point in the different levels when all you get are grey and green tasks. :rolleyes:
  13. KarmaKitty Augur

True, Blue task are rare and I can go weeks without a Purple Elite task.
    Not that there is that big a payoff in the high task.

And then they have Easy, Standard... variations on top of all that. Boggle.

I'm sure everyone that uses /over on any kind of regular basis has the stats maxed. Maybe they can
    enable levels 21-40 which give us more high end quests with bigger payoffs.

And every time I look at the /over vendor, yuck. Just yuck.
    rahzel44 likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've never purchased anything from there, it is all junk. I doubt the improvements will add anything of use.
    rahzel44 and KarmaKitty like this.
  15. Iven Antonius Bayle

Only reward improvements are scheduled. Other changes are speculative.
  16. Windance Augur

I hope they add a new reward for retiring agents.

Be nice to do something with those 20+ duplicate elite agents.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  17. EQbud Augur

While there are plenty of ways to improve the rewards being discussed, I'd like to address a couple ways to improve the timing/scheduling.

1)Pick a rotate quests time and stick to it.
    Currently every 12 hours the quests rotate which takes about 20 seconds and then the clock starts. This makes the rotation time about 5 minutes later every week. I remember when quests rotated during the 11 o'clock hour (PST), now it currently happens around 4:20. Please just pick a time and have the timer be based on that. I doubt anyone will complain about only getting 11:59:30 to start tasks, especially if you...

2)Shorten all tasks by 15 minutes.
    Overseer currently takes me about 5 minutes twice a day per account, trying to stick to 12 and 24 hour tasks. Assuming no distractions, which is rarely the case, this has me doing them at least 10 minutes later each day. Eventually I have to do some 6 hour tasks to get back to the time I would prefer to be doing Overseer. Those few minutes would help greatly with planning my EQ time.
    Stymie and Barton like this.
  18. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Autoconvert duplicate agents toggles, always for iconic and with a setting to choose how many noniconics to keep (or set to something like 5)

A sort option for the mission types, with a thin bar between each type (convert, recruit, research, etc) so someone who wants collect containers can sort explorer, trade and diplo to the top, a new account could sort recruit and convert at the top, and someone who only wants to do /ov 1/day can sort research to the top.

Remove merc aa reward, seems like a newbie trap, especially after 110. Just make the early xp rewards give as much merc xp as the current merc reward does at lower level.

Show your agent count for each type vs total, like 108/108 (564) common, 70/72 (204) uncommon, 30/36 (31) rare, 15/15 (16) elite, 815 total agents. It’ll bug people who didn’t buy fippy.

Let each player pick their quest rotation time. Any time a player changes their target time just skip the next rotation to prevent cheesing.

Instead of 6/12/24 hours, change it to 6/9/20 or something similar. We’re limited to 10/day so make it convenient to redo /ov at slightly different times each day.

Recovery is kinda odd, hard to tell when you have a recovery reward what agents will actually be recovered. Specify the rank of agent recovered at least so you can tell after claiming an elite and a common recovery reward which is which.

In the agent selection window show total agents of that type, number available, and whether or not iconic, rather than just number available.
    Metanis and Bernel like this.
  19. Shakara Augur

I just want to point out that even people who want to keep overseer all have sugestions that revolve in it taking less time. People universally want to spend as little time as possible on overseer which is a sign is that it need a major overhaul or rework *cough* log in rewards *cough*
    Kaenneth likes this.
  20. CrazyLarth Augur

please short the 24 hours to 23.5 hours