Personal loot chance for people that dps OW raid target kills

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by I Love Lamp, Apr 29, 2022.

1. I Love Lamp Elder

Just like how WoW added personal loot, give everyone (the losers included) who participate in dps races on OW raid mobs a chance at getting a personal loot item. This encourages people to play in the OW which is what the game needs to keep player engagement high. Doesn’t have to copy the free trade or random loot of Mischief but still increases loot to accommodate the faster timeline.

And double the number of drops from AoC instances. 70 man raids getting a total of 90 items from PoSky (if they clear week 1) before kunark is a joke.
  2. verbatim Elder

Personal loot was such an unfortunate change to wow retail- it kind of destroyed the agency of guilds to make decisions about loot.
    Appren and Legends like this.
  3. Azzudien Augur

This would cause the huge trains at raid bosses. Everyone rushing a target to get their 1 hit in before it dies and then get themselves suspended for training.
  4. I Love Lamp Elder

Seeing as it didn’t stop bosses from dropping items, just added additional loot, it didn’t “destroy agency” as guild leadership still had loot to manage. Unless you specifically mean you could prevent someone from getting loot entirely. If you have someone in your guild you don’t want to give a single piece of loot to, why would you have them in your guild at all?

Low effort troll response. 3/10
  5. I Love Lamp Elder

Ez fixes. Set a damage threshold, make it only work if you have your own raid formed with # of players, etc.
  6. Legends Elder

7. Purelogic Lorekeeper

Good idea but kind of knew it would get negative reply's because the biggest RMTers aside from the raid multi boxers are the guys leading the OW guilds. Start a ow guild with rules that say members cant sale loot in era and the loot comes in so fast with ow targets+dz's that leadership takes the rots and sales them at high krono prices since the other guilds would behind in dz's only farm. At least up until luclin
  8. I Love Lamp Elder

Good points. I will say I remember paying 10+ krono on Phinny for drake symbols from halls of testing to finish Dozekar items and seeing some symbols go as high as 18 krono. I have not seen the price near that high on another server since. I am sure there are a lot of factors at play for the decrease in krono value of items and it would be interesting to know what information Darkpaw has about this driving their decisions that we don't .
  9. I Love Lamp Elder

[IMG]
    Legends likes this.
  10. Sytrical New Member

I think this is a good idea, though I am not a huge fan of participation prizes which this is essentially.
  11. Purelogic Lorekeeper

I agree but even the dps racing isn't a real competition anymore so why not? all they do now is bring in full automated melee dps now if people even try to challenge. The company doesn't care to do anything about it anymore after they put in motm because of all the pet boxes or mass SK's running ht scripts like back in the day on fippy, so just make it a participation prize style then to at least cut out the RMT part of it.
  12. Magician9001 Augur

OP is not talking about the same thing. Hes talking about different groups/raids both getting credit. Things open world MoP mount bosses giving anyone that tags a mob a chance at loot rather then whoever tags it first.

You're thinking he means personal loot within the same raid . Outside of a hand full world first raiders really the only thing it ruined was officers/gdkp RMTers ability to be corrupt. It's a very vocal minority of players that prefer master looter in that game.

As far as it goes for EQ it would be nice, but i don't think there is a quick way for the devs to implement that change, so they won't.
  13. I Love Lamp Elder

Yes, this is closer to my intention. Anyone dpsing (again maybe with some caveats) on OW targets gets a chance for a personal item. This is independent of the loot the mob drops on death and doesn't happen in instance.

Very possible, I don't know how difficult it would be to implement. If adding a drop is difficult maybe it could directly give all characters a token/currency and those could be traded in/gambled at a merchant for a piece of gear.
  14. Purelogic Lorekeeper

Not to mention OW guilds could just split raids for even more loot and since they cheat using show.e.q tracking that sends emails to discord/twitter when mobs spawn they would still be hitting more open world targets then anyone else. Sorry, I know I bring up the cheating factor a lot but it really is a problem and the company doesn't seem to do much about it anymore. This games competitive factors for open world targets have went from who has the most reactive skilled players as a guild to gear up, to who has the fastest gathering time once the 3rd party tracking batphones go off and who brings the most automated bot dps aka monks/rangers depending on the expan. No real skills anymore just cheaters running programs
  15. Purelogic Lorekeeper

Or just increase the respawn of open world targets to make it not as appealing because a 48hr +-24hrs is a little ridiculous when they have a high chance of getting the same bosses daily
  16. Thenextgoldknyght New Member

This will never happen. The way EQ works is the loot is already determined once a mob spawns. So they aren't going to make a new script n put in work to do what your asking even if they liked ur idea.
  17. I Love Lamp Elder

Why do you want to DE-incentivize playing the game? Some expansions have ridiculously short respawns (Kunark), while others don't. You should be looking for ways to promote/reward more people playing the game instead of trying to find ways to make people play less.

Dude just use show eq. This is a big issue with this game in particular. There is some puritanical part of players that want the game to be played a certain way, regardless if its the most optimal way or most popular way to play the game.

Sorry, people just don't view the extra timesink of leveling a ranger just to track, or account sharing track toons, instead of using an undetectable program as a real added layer of difficulty.

If you're so against the rampant fast response OW guilds, maybe you should campaign for a server where all OW mobs have to pop during primetime hours every day, so all guilds can be in position to track and slower guilds can race to secondary targets.
  18. verbatim Elder

Your point about the ops intent is well taken and fair enough. That said I really disagree with your take on ML vs personal loot. In a pug setting something like personal loot is probably the fairest way to do things. Within a guild I think most people would agree a dkp or ep/gp type scheme is far more preferable to randomized personal loot. You could achieve an equivalent to personal loot today by just having everyone at a raid need roll on loot- it's telling almost nobody does that.
  19. I Love Lamp Elder

Copy that. How does the Mischief loot work? There is some master loot tables that spawns check against and pull from when they spawn corresponding to their level/era? And these loot drops are added to the already existing loot tables?

I take it to mean that loot can be changed on the drop side, but obviously you can't award extra loot that wasn't spawned on the boss and you can't award extra loot to someone that doesn't get the kill since those would require entirely new processes.
  20. Runes Augur

Yes let's give everyone participation medals and reward the under achievers so everyone feels rainbow and shiny because really there should not be way ahead clear cut winners, that would be bad for self esteem and people will call it racist and be offended if they don't get some reward for just showing up.