What's the next xpac?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darktide, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Darktide Elder

It appears a Planes of Power reimagining would be next up to the plate?
  2. Lubianx Augur

Likely Luclin part 2
    Toukan, Hobitses, Fenthen and 3 others like this.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I want LDoN but sure its luclin part 2 then Planes of Power.
    Hobitses, Wdor and Elyssanda like this.
  4. Riou EQResource

It is indeed luclin part 2
    Hobitses, Fenthen and Emilari like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd rather like to go to Drinal.

Somewhere new!
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

something new i highly doubt they will come out with something new they rather just redo all the older expansions.
    Hobitses likes this.
  7. Arkanny Augur

I don't really mind the nostalgia inspired expacs. EoK was an awesome expansion in that vein, just gotta keep it good.
    Wdor likes this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

It'll be Luclin, part 2...because creating an expansion based on something new seems to be beyond them at this point.
    Fenthen and Sobmre like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

/cough Burning Lands!
    code-zero and Elyssanda like this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

The Broken Mirror was not bad either.
    code-zero, Nennius and Elyssanda like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

TBL wasn't something "new" exactly...it was, or tried to be, some sort of extention of PoP stuff. And the "new" part...EVERYTHING locked behind progression...was a dumpster fire of an idea. I put it at the bottom of expansions, even behind TBM, because in TBM you only had to do one mission (and 2 ACTUAL solo tasks) to open everything up.

I still think they've lost the ability (or motivation) to actually do something new from scratch and not just cut&paste.
  12. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I'd like to see LDON part 2. Short of that I'd like to see a broader xpac with "newly discovered" zones in Antonica. Had enough of xpac rehashes let's see some new original content.
  13. Burdi Augur

Firiona Vie Meet lady Gaga and paris Hilton and change her hair style!
  14. blurpppa New Member

"Everquest: Lag-free servers Edition" coming to you late 2022.

For the low price of $249 you get to experience the 24 year old classic MMO Everquest in a brand new 2004 like lag free enviroment.

This time our promises will for sure provide you with the stability and performance you expect from us.

We cant wait to see you ingame!
    Hobitses likes this.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They already did "LDON part 2" a while ago...It was called CotF! :p
  16. Maedhros High King

I'm going to need that new Sword of Ssra.
    Updated with new weapon textures and stuff but same original design concept.
    Plz Santug!
  17. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

We're going back to Antonica. Those dang corrupt freeport guards are up to their shenanigans again!
    Wdor and Svann2 like this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah I am fond of the ideal of visiting Drinal too.

Very few beings know of the Silver Reaper, associated with the gray moon seen from Norrath on all nights – Drinal. This moon was named after the spirit deity of night, destruction, and death by the humanoid tribe of nomads before the era of great cities and civilizations. Drinal, although representing that which is dark, is a neutral deity who represents the necessary end of the cycle of life. He does not maintain his watch over death out of malevolence, but out of the necessity for it to occur in order to fulfill the cycle of life. His Lujien followers personify Drinal as an upright white wolf whose paws, tail, and maw are midnight black. It is said that Drinal wields a silver sickle, the symbol of the crescent moon that is most sacred to Drinal and his bestial worshippers.

He is also believed to be the source of Canine Lycanthropy as in Werewolves.
    Wdor, Grove and Yinla like this.
  19. Fenthen aka Rath

"at this point" -- TBL was developed in 2017-2018 and released late 2018.
    We have ToL pt II coming up for 2022-2023 (completely unexpected, I know) with likely more re-used zones.
    This expansion we received Shadow Valley, Oubliette of Light, Bloodfalls as new zones, with 3 recycled zones.
    CoV had zero new zones, 6 recycled zones (that was originally 7 zones but combined CS/SG in one)
    ToV had zero new zones, 7 recycled zones (that was really 6, they broke up CC into two)

I am fully anticipating 3-4 new zones, 2-4 recycled zones for ToL2. Folks like Riou may have larger insight. Gone are the days of majority original content based on the past 3 years of releases. Even TBL was a bit of an outlier since EoK/RoS were primarily recycled content. Hopefully with the new devs getting better after a round or two of beta we'll have better opportunities to test out better content.
    Wdor likes this.
  20. Iven the Lunatic

The questions of the thread should better be: "What will be the expansion after next ?" as the next one will be the sequel of Terror of Luclin.

While EoK is designwise not a bad expansion it is kinda boring and most content much to hard like it is typical for the last expansion before a PC level upgrade. Like GoD, PoR and Underfoot. The only good and always heavily populated zone is Frontier Mountains and all other zones turned into ghost towns right after the majority of the players were done with the progression in Lceanium after a few months. So I am wondering why you like this expansion so much, maybe you want to give us some details ?