Fixed Hotbars repositioning after zoning

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ChiiChii, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Gruco Apprentice

tldr: Fix - Bind ingame hotkey to Alt H for each window. (Options>Keys>All>Hotbar X Window Toggle). Push Alt H to close all windows. Push Alt H to open all windows. Game will update the file to think the window is open/exists.

I have the same problem with 4 characters all using windowed mode and all using custom pieced UIs. The hotbar "open" information for all 11 hotbar windows got removed from the UI_Player_Server file and changes cannot be saved because the game doesn't consider these windows as existing. The work around was to close then open the windows which triggered the game to update the status of the windows as open/existing. A simple work around was to bind the open/close keyboard hotkey to Alt H for every hotbar and then push the keyboard hotkey to "close" all windows at once.

Then push Alt H again to re-open the windows, causing the game to considered the windows as existing/open and everything saved after that. I have had windows get lost again and closing/opening fixes it for a time.
  2. ChiiChii Augur

Looks like this isn't fixed in this month's patch. Has the reproduction offered any insight within the UI changes in March that could fix this please? The uncommon willingness of players to adapt to a game whose own limitations (hardware/C# node/staff) continue to lead to dissatisfaction with the veterans holding on and not be able to attract/retain new players ultimately close up shop. I cannot speculate on the degree of difficulty fixing the problem. However, what I can say is my level of patience is waring quite thin.
  3. Meeko Developer(Code)

This issue has been fixed internally, but will require a patch to go live. If you encounter this issue, changing the hotbar's spinner or keymap setting should force the lock setting to save so you don't have to manually edit the .ini file.

The convoluted nature of the UI code ended up causing this issue to take much longer than I'd anticipated to fix. Sorry it wasn't able to be included in the April patch, but hopefully the above workaround provides a temporary respite until the fix is patched live.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

If there's an emergecy patch to fix the other broke things, will this fix go in or will it have to wait a month?
  5. Zack New Member

I agree with what someone else said. THIS IS A FIX and worked for me, Open Options page go to where you can click on stuff to change what key on the key board to open what ever you want. I think the default Harbar key in Alt. + the H key. (it is in the UI part of this window) On the 11 or 12 hot bars click each one at a time and make ALT +H key all the same , It fixed the Locking problem for me.

Hope this helps
    Meeko likes this.
  6. Takhizis Journeyman

Was this put out with the emergency patch today or are we getting it on the next official patch still?
  7. Emilari UI Designer

It wasn't in today's patch notes.
  8. Meeko Developer(Code)

It'll be included with the next monthly update.
  9. Allayna Augur

For me, hotbar 6 keeps disappearing. It's not moving, it's just closing periodically, doesn't seem to be related to zoning as I have had it close several times in a mission run.

My hotbar 6 toggle is CTRL ALT N so I really doubt I'm hitting that several times in a mission.

There is no alternate keypress set for the toggle.
    The primary keypress is not duplicated.

"ESC" to close is not checked.
  10. Duder Augur

Post your picture in your preferred discord server. Then click on it an open in new window to see and copy the url or just select the copy image link and use that to host your pictures and attach them to messages here. Only caveat, the server you post them on and the post itself must never be deleted. They purge their system of non-connected uploads regularly. I use a private junk server just for that.

Also, I am experiencing the unlocking bars every time I login. Some above suggested it was occurring after each zone, I didn’t pay that much attention. But I do have some very minor window repositionings too, but they are very slight and inconsistent, possibly a result of h the bars unlocking and accidentally being dragged ever so slightly. Regardless, both issues occur in custom and default ui and I can confirm that my client settings never change, always loaded in windowed mode, same positions, same order, same clients, no 3rd party software (the kind allowed) used nor loaded during testing.
  11. Jardad Journeyman

yes , old problem back again , 2 decades and they still cant get it right
  12. Jardad Journeyman

removed game completely from PC , reinstall did not solve problem
    Hotbars still will not remain locked
  13. Accendo Guest

This has been labeled "Fixed Internally" because a fix has been established and is on the way. Thank you for the reports and for your patience.
  14. Tropi Elder

I did not see this noted in the test patch notes did the fix make it in ?
  15. ChiiChii Augur

It did make it to test and is available to test out. I logged in to test and confirmed the hotbars do not reposition after zoning/evac. Give it a shot in test to see if it's the same for you.
    Tropi likes this.
  16. ChiiChii Augur

One more thing, also make sure to test if you are able to open the right-click context menus within the chat windows to access those menus.