Yelinak Questions?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accendo, Apr 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starshape Elder

Kunark start actually seems like a good compromise.

In question format:

Is a Kunark start on the table for Yelinak?
    Jabnael and Soulsiphon like this.
  2. ISupportGuilds Journeyman

Can we please get a focus effect server. It add goals for casters, and it also adds a dynamic with looting i.e. If a BCG should be able to got to a cleric since technically its BiS in Classic but if the Focus Effect is there it totally makes the conversation like should it be a dot based class!

Its at least something that is different and already available. And the game is already easy its the rulesets that make the server fun.. This carbon copy is not fun, its a cash grab no thought no effort.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  3. Soulsiphon Elder

Please do not, there is nothing unique about Yelinak outside being able to box on the same computer come later expansions. Please implement Free-Trade atleast and I would very much so love a random style of loot as well, maybe change what items can drop this time mix it up a little and throw some random stuff in as well.
  4. Pizzanomicon Augur

Random loot ended up not actually being random. In fact I think it mostly made farming more obnoxious lmao.

The raid drops were sick lol, but that's another story.
    Protius likes this.
  5. Soulsiphon Elder

I say we just transfer everyone on Thornblade to Mischief and restart Thornblade in classic this year that way all of us who didnt get to see Mischief from the beginning get to see it on Thornblade.
    Rcbauer and Saux like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

1. Will the server be unlocked early to allow for char creation only?

Most of the issues logging in on the first day is down to creating chars, the server I did before Mischief had me crashing everytime I went into game and when heading back in to char select I had no char, for every recreation I did I had a bag. On one char I crashed 5 times and when I finally got one to log in and not crash I had 6 bags! Another I had 3.

2. Will there be any new AoCs? Riftseekers springs to mind

3. Are any of the expansions shorter than normal, or releasing the same time as other expansions?

4. Will we get the AA autogrant earlier than normal?

5. Will the server have any members of the guide program running quests?

6. When will the new content quests listed in the Road Map be available? Will we have to wait until ToL releases?
  7. Hykaro Journeyman

Please don't change Yelinak!!!

This is the truest form of EQ we can get that doesn't feel gimmicky. Wait for next year TLP for the unique server to start changing things up.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  8. Ragnoruk Augur

Is there any consideration to relaxing truebox rules on Yelinak starting in classic to allow for 1 extra character without needing a 2nd computer? If not, is there any consideration for a 3rd server that could offer that?
  9. Arclyte Augur

This thread's purpose was to populate a FAQ, not constantly ask for loot pinata / non-truebox.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  10. Labzeh Lorekeeper

Hey Rag, this has already been confirmed :) The server will start as truebox and then in Omens of War will become relaxed truebox allowing 3 accounts per computer.
    Skuz, Yinla and Ragnoruk like this.
  11. Ragnoruk Augur

I edited the post to be more clear about what it is I am asking. Where was relaxed truebox confirmed by the way? I've seen other posts saying this as well but I don't see any mention of truebox rules at all on the producer's letter regarding Yelinak.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Update regarding True Box: Both Vaniki and Yelinak will have Mangler-style True Box enabled at launch. When Yelinak unlocks Omens of War, we will enable Relaxed True Box. This means that you can have up to 3 clients per computer logged into the server at the same time. When Vaniki unlocks Prophecy of Ro, we will enable Relaxed True Box there. When each server reaches The Buried Sea, we will disable True Box on the server that has just reached The Buried Sea. This only applies to these servers and any other True Box / not True Box rules remain the same.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-letter-april-2022.281901/page-5#post-4119914
  13. I Love Lamp Elder

Maybe if you create a FAQ thread about a server and 90% of the posts are asking for the server to be changed, its a sign about what will attract more players (and money) to the server
    Zansobar and Ginix like this.
  14. Thewiz Augur

Removing Truebox. Launch in Velious. 12/8 week expansion releases.
    PIERRE STEUBEN and Umul like this.
  15. Bhane Veteran N00b

Actually it's showing everyone wants their own pipedream server and thst conflicts with everyone else's so just leave it as is.
    rangerous likes this.
  16. Iove Elder

This is true, some (maybe many) ppl dont want long classic-velious part of game, but for them another server launching at same time (Vaniki). So who want PoP-GoD+ era fast can start on Vaniki, who want Omens+ era can join Mischief. I think players who will start on Yelinak love classic era so why not give them more time to enjoy conent? I will be happy to see longer classic-kunark-velious unlocks, or same as Mangler, but not shorter!

Also will love to see free-trade on Yelinak (without random loot, lets Mischief continue to be unique server with random rule).
    Brunlin, Duladin, Ginix and 2 others like this.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Items like- Let's say aviak Charm in South Karana are ONLY useful at lowbie levels. Waiting until the server is long past Pop etc makes loots like this meaningless. Excluding focus effects sucks.

Black Iron Medallion was always a staple too.
    Brunlin, PIERRE STEUBEN and asdfbot like this.
  18. Grok Elder

How exactly will The Hole and The Planes unlock on Yelinak? Any differences from usual because of the 4-week time to Kunark unlock?
  19. Accendo Guest

Thank you for your responses.
    Brunlin likes this.
  20. Accendo Guest

Update: We're still reviewing the Vaniki and Yelinak FAQs, and we plan to post them next week.
    Brunlin, Yinla, Duladin and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.