sooo.. what now?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Creative Sparks, Apr 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creative Sparks Quiet One

so now that the multi-botter's for the most part been handled? (no they are not all gone) what are the people who spend hours at a time LFG going to do? most of my friends have given up on the game saying that is it unplayable on the characters they want to play in current content or is this one of them game ending maneuvers by DGB? imo unless there is server mergers in the works to fill in the void that multi boxer's / botter left it wont be long.

are we going to get server merge's thats going to help people who do not play or raid during prime times or do we get punished for not playing during intended peak game hours?

so far since this whole war on Box/Bots started i have been spending 2 - 3ish hours LFG and in the zone (with players in it) being as i have 2x strikes on my toons for using ISBox i'm kind of feeling like this is meant to be a game ender.

doesn't matter what toons i play on War, Pal, Cleric, Sham, SK, Druid, not a single tell Vs when there where botters i would at least get reply's.
    FubarEQ and Fenthen like this.
  2. Spacemonkey555 Augur

This is game ending maneuver #21678803, I fondly recall game ending maneuver #11830221, the nerf to my sk/druid defensive procs when TSS launched. My 3 accounts leaving is what really killed the game, I'm sure.

You have 2 strikes here, claiming banning botters kills grouping, and claiming you got banned for ISB. EG7 didn't buy EQ financed with debt just to turn around and kill it, they need the monthly revenue to service their debt. Third strike, you're out.

Those blessed cheaters, going out of their way to set up an optimal crew to maximize loot/xp but leaving room for a random tank/healer because why not leave a gaping hole in their crew to be filled by rando outsiders, right? I know all my bot crew dreams are built around some dps/adps and I don't bother with tank/healer because, you know, /lfg tool ftw.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Automators don't invite people to their groups for the following reasons:

1. They don't want to be reported (or blackmailed). Do you think they'll trust a random player with the knowledge or information that they automate?

2. They want to monopolize loot. Do you think they are interested in rolling against randoms for chase loot or Type 5 augments?

3.They want to keep all group slots filled. Do you think they are willing to AFK play for 1-2 hours only to return to find the random player has left an empty slot thus affecting DPS (TTK/volume of mobs)?
    Wdor and Deux like this.
  4. error Augur

OP is really trying hard to conflate botting with boxing for some reason. o_O
    Duder, Wdor, Kaenneth and 5 others like this.
  5. FrozenWater Augur

I wanted them to merge all (normal ruleset) servers like 6 months ago. Given EQ's stance on bots has changed I'm changing my opinion. I think they need to merge all normal ruleset servers into two servers. A bot friendly one (with the old rules, AFK play or other egregious rule breaking = get suspended/banned, but otherwise just be nice to each other), and a hard core "you bot, you get suspended" server.

Two servers for two play styles. EQ gets the revenue from both play styles, and each play style can stop whinging about each other.

And don't call it a prison server, just be decent about it.

The reality is the landscape of EQ playstyles changed years ago, maybe even a decade ago, maybe more. There is no Nobel Prize awarded for "playstyle purity", so why chase it when you can just create a new sandbox. So simple.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Darkpaw Games calls it a prison server.

What is the EverQuest II prison server of Drunder?
    FubarEQ and Wdor like this.
  7. FrozenWater Augur

No, they call that server a prison server. I said don't call the new server (which, by virtue of it not existing yet, does not have a name) a prison server.

Glad I could clarify for you.
    Dre. and Fenthen like this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Accounts that violate company policies go to a prison server. All rule-abiding accounts can remain on normal servers.
    Wdor likes this.
  9. Warpeace Augur

I got 2 strikes once for sitting afk in the Guild lobby sponging buffs, true story.
    FubarEQ, Fenthen and Wanano like this.
  10. FrozenWater Augur

You have failed to see my point. That's ok, the message was primarily intended to be read by Daybreak.
    Creative Sparks and Bardy McFly like this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

It's a social game. Talk to people. I grouped with 5 other players I had never grouped with before tonight with a few tells. We got stuff done.
    Duder, Joules_Bianchi and Yinla like this.
  12. Celephane Augur

In a thread about stupid ideas, you have managed to snag onto 2 in the same post, congrats. ONE live would be impossible and no one cares about a separate cheating server.
    Duder and Wdor like this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why weren't you and your friends grouping together?

I've noticed a few players LFG lately, but not one of them is prepared to start a group, merging server will not help these people there will just be more people LFG with no one taking the inititive.
    Duder and Wdor like this.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

We need a LDoN 2.0.
  15. Bardy McFly Augur

I wouldn't say just 2 servers because you do have FV ruleset, but the game would probably benefit those that don't want to box by at least combining some of the lower pop Live servers. I also support an "old policy" server regardless of what people want to call it. I'm not getting into that huge debate again though.
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

On any server I've ever played on, a well placed tell conversation can lead to <shock> a friendlist, or even a guildinvite and friends.

Randomly chasing a rando player with heals / buffs when they're a bit lower than you can generate a leveling partner.

Social is as social does.
    Duder and Bigstomp like this.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Also- being nice to noobs in CR / Tutorial etc often finds they're alts of raiders or other high level players who can help you, etc. EQ is a lurker's paradise and people see when you're nice and helpful and want more of that in their friendlists and guilds.
    Wdor likes this.
  18. The real Sandaormo Augur

This game is not great for those that sit in Guild Lobby with LFG on and expect tells.

This game is awesome for those folks that are social and join guilds and make friends and invite people to groups they are forming and work on their skills to make these groups better. What you put into it, you get out of it.
    Duder, Wdor, Fenthen and 3 others like this.
  19. Angahran Augur

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] will not get you suspended.
    [IMG]
    Stymie and Fenthen like this.
  20. Zanarnar Augur

Agree; expect this to be wow with their cross-server dungeon finder and your going to be sorely disappointed.

Make some friends and form up a regular group? Best. Game. Ever.
    Wdor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.